The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell us something about yourself!

action9000 · 2437 · 156303

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Lol, I pulled a pretty bad one on my dad on April 1st. I half expected him to cry. :lol I told him one of his favorite comedians died and mom just played along making a straight face and then I just said, "April Fools". :p

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
wow nice rat-lady

i tricked my mom into thinking i broke my leg at our track meet thursday, called her on the phone and faked being in pain... it was great.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
You people are terrible. :o

Well this isn't really about me, but the plants in my fish tank are dying. They were $4.99 each.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I held THREE babies today! And one of them was probably the most vocal baby I've EVER met :lol ! Maybe it had something to do with just being baptized...she was also extremely wiggly...and drooly

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I don't know how many of you are American, and I don't know if any of you will even remember this.

But several years ago, Pepsi and the NCAA had a competition thing to promote College Basketball. On the inside of the cap of the Pepsi product was a name of a university, or college, whichever you perfer. Whoever had a cap of the team that won the NCAA title, won the competition. This was a nation wide thing, of course. Well I actually had the cap of the team that won (Duke took the title that year). But I never sent it in.

Apparently Duke is going into the title game again this year, so that reminded me of my little anecdote there.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't do any April Fools jokes myself, because they seem to be rather....pointless in the end, fun yes, but thinking of a joke of some sort gets rather annoying.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I downloaded a $6.99 game called "Age of Castles", but I don't know if it works on Windows 7. It installed, but I haven't been able to get it to work.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't do any April Fools jokes myself, because they seem to be rather....pointless in the end, fun yes, but thinking of a joke of some sort gets rather annoying.
The fun is the point.
I downloaded a $6.99 game called "Age of Castles", but I don't know if it works on Windows 7. It installed, but I haven't been able to get it to work.
Uh oh, I'm sorry. I had the game myself and though it worked fine on my old computer it felt like a fraud. After about eight to ten minutes one knew everything that could be found in the game and most of the time there just wasn't anything to do. Much of the graphics had been copied from Age of Empires 2. I hope that you can enjoy the game better than I could.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah well, granted I don't really see it celebrated around here as much, I mean, no one in my family, as far as I know, does any jokes sort of thing, but ah well, tis all good for me, doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
I hate all kind of pranks and/or April fools jokes. It's just not funny to make fun of other persons.

Another fact:
I only was a few days in kindergarten. The kindergarten teacher gone crazy because I cried and screamed the whole time. Then she grabbed and shook me violently because I had to be quiet. After that incident, my mother kept me at home.

I had a few problems in the first class, but all went well.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
One can have fun with others rather than fun about others. Not every joke goes so much at somebody else's expense. Where there are pranks that don't do any harm or damage I really don't think it would hurt people to give up on taking themselves too seriously and be able to laugh about themselves at times.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Some interesting things that happened to me on Easter:

ï For the first time, we had an outdoor Easter egg hunt. (We usually have it indoors, but this year we were worried about what Sasquatch would do with the eggs.) Of the twenty-four eggs hidden, we found all but one of them; we suspect that crows got to it before we did. :lol

ï While outside, my brother and I caught an extremely brief glimpse of a pileated woodpecker flying overhead. We didn’t see it long enough to even identify it, but then it called out and we recognized it. We didn’t manage to get another look at it, but it was nonetheless exciting.

ï Less interesting, but still notable: we had a DELICIOUS dinner of ham with pineapple, crescent rolls, cranberries, and a few other things I didn't eat (like mashed potatoes). It's basically the same meal we have every Easter, but this year it was exceptionally tasty. :smile

ï Our Easter candy included Swedish Fish! :DD (and REALLY good ones, too!)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I hardly feel any pain in any part of me beneath the skin :blink:.  Also, the only pain that ever puts me past a two on the pain scale is nerve pain/migraines.  I usually rate myself at a eight or nine on the pain scale when it comes to nerve/migraine pain.

Ironically, my sense of touch is super-sensitive like my hearing.

Talk about a weird nervous system :crazy.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I have a rather low pain threshold, but a lot of times when I visibly hurt myself (i.e., cuts, scrapes, bruises, scratches from my cat :lol), I don't notice that I've been injured until quite some time after the injury has occurred. I remember one occasion years back when I was running down a paved trail on a hill, and tripped, breaking my fall on my hands and knees. It hurt, but I got over the pain fairly quickly and soon forgot about it. It was probably at least fifteen minutes later when I noticed that my right pant leg was sticking to my knee. I rolled it up, and found that I had a huge bloody scrape where my knee had hit the asphalt. :x I cleaned it and put a bandage on it, and it eventually healed to the point that I can't see a scar today, but to this day it remains one of the most memorable injuries I've ever sustained, largely due to my amazement at how long I took to notice I had it. (I've also been a lot more careful when running down hills since then. :p)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
My passport is going to have to be renewed in ten years.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I am going to be one a few people in my close family to graduate from a private college.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think the Rainbow Road music in Mario Kart 64 is freakin' beautiful.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i used to hold mario kart tournament with my little brother all the time, my favorite characters to play were peach and toad..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I have fairly high pain tolerance but sinus pain is almost instantly crippling.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
^

Speaking of which, I've had some of that recently. It is annoying to me, but not really painful. I am over it now.  :blink: