The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Any good LBT podcasts or YouTube channels?

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Mind you, it doesn't have to be a channel dedicated to only Land Before Time. But what I'm looking for are content creators sharing their thoughts on the original movie and their sequel. You know, lengthy, thoughtful and intelligent reviews of the movies and their themes and such! Been really obsessed with LBT lately and having some reviews/discussions to listen while I do other things would be neat.

Most reviews I've found on YouTubers are fairly low-effort and seem to consist of the uploader mostly just clowning on the films because angry youtube reviews are really popular for some reason. I'm aware of The LBT Squad but he doesn't as much review the films as going through the plot-points one by one.

Lastly, I've discovered a pretty okay podcast called Land Before Time Land.  Like aforementioned YouTube-reviews, the selling point here is mostly just a bunch of guys going through the movies one by one and pointing out how stupid they are. HOWEVER, it's well produced, the reviews are long and detailed (about an hour per episode), the criticism is mostly good faith and the guys are genuinely funny. And it's clear that most of the critique is coming from a love that they all have for the original by Don Bluth.

Anyway, I found the podcast by chance and I have to imagine that there are other content creators that are or have produced LBT related content. The movies were really popular after all. Would be real grateful for some recommendations!

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Interesting, thanks for letting us know about that podcast!  :ChomperPOG

I don't really have any recommendations, but I have thought before that it might be cool to make a LBT channel, especially a sort of forum-based one. Would be cool to have the GOF on YT :rainbowThinking

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Dude that would be so cool! A YouTube channel for GoF, run by members from this forum! We've had so many interesting conversations here that could probable be reworked into video topics and such.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Interesting, thanks for letting us know about that podcast!  :ChomperPOG

I don't really have any recommendations, but I have thought before that it might be cool to make a LBT channel, especially a sort of forum-based one. Would be cool to have the GOF on YT :rainbowThinking

That’s actually a good idea, maybe we can recommend it to the administrators in this forum or the Discord server and see what they think.

Mouse-a-saur

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Dude that would be so cool! A YouTube channel for GoF, run by members from this forum! We've had so many interesting conversations here that could probable be reworked into video topics and such.
Definitely!

And Chomper94, that's a good idea.  :chomper

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Definitely!

Absolutely. We could also create a thread to brainstorm ideas. And it'd be good if we could find someone with a good youtube voice, you know? Someone to present the episodes. A review of all the movies in order could be a nice place to start. And talks about LBT in the future.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Definitely!

Absolutely. We could also create a thread to brainstorm ideas. And it'd be good if we could find someone with a good youtube voice, you know? Someone to present the episodes. A review of all the movies in order could be a nice place to start. And talks about LBT in the future.

Maybe somewhere in the LBT Projects or the Forum Issues section would be a good idea to brainstorm. :thinking

Mouse-a-saur

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Sounds like a good place to start!  :PAli

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
On the topic of reviews and podcasts. I did find this review playlist by MarzGurl. She's reviewed all the movies, the TV series AND the PC games. That's pretty impressive. Here reviews are super-critical however, but most of her critiques are thought out and valid at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPk-iq6SUsM&list=PLwfLedMsLRFub4NsBnr-MDw5gIbUeVKz_

Also, the youtube channel Alteori has some videos on LBT which. while short and full of personal interpretations, I think are really insightful.
I liked this one, and the idea that Littlefoot was supposed to have a bunch of brothers and sisters but their eggs got crushed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRXqEDEbSCI

Sounds like a good place to start!  :PAli

Totally, we could post a thread there later!