The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Universal Studios

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
The reason I registered in this forum is because I'm trying to make future Land Before Time episodes and Movies, and thought you guys could help me.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wait so you're saying you work for Universal Studios?

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Apr 11 2009 on  10:28 PM
Wait so you're saying you work for Universal Studios?
No, I'm trying to make future Land Before Time episodes and Movies ideas from home so I could sell them to Universal Studios, and thought you guys could help me, if you do I'll give you guys credit when I send the Movie or episode idea in, OK.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
As far as I know, that isn't how a movie studio operates. They are not going to "buy" ideas from a fan. Yes, you may be able to send them e-mails or letters with ideas, but there is no guarantee that they'll even read them. Movie studios are usually very busy, from what I understand, and they may not read all mail that they get. And even if they do get a chance to read your ideas, there is still no guarantee that, no matter how good it may seem, they'll use it for a future movie.

You're better off just writing your own fanfics or starting roleplays based on these ideas. There is really not much of a chance of getting any of your ideas animated.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
  As far as I know, that isn't how a movie studio operates. They are not going to "buy" ideas from a fan. Yes, you may be able to send them e-mails or letters with ideas, but there is no guarantee that they'll even read them. Movie studios are usually very busy, from what I understand, and they may not read all mail that they get. And even if they do get a chance to read your ideas, there is still no guarantee that, no matter how good it may seem, they'll use it for a future movie.

You're better off just writing your own fanfics or starting roleplays based on these ideas. There is really not much of a chance of getting any of your ideas animated.

Yes.  Quite frankly if it were that simple to just be able to create an idea and submit it, we would have done it already.  There are tons of members with ideas.  Unfortunately Universal will not listen to any ideas (in fact they specifically tell you on their "contact us" page that they will no respond to ideas from fans).  Unless you've got some sort of special connection to Universal Studios that no other member here has, you're just as helpless as the rest of us are when it comes to making Universal Studios continue LBT.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Apr 12 2009 on  01:19 AM
Yes.  Quite frankly if it were that simple to just be able to create an idea and submit it, we would have done it already.  There are tons of members with ideas.  Unfortunately Universal will not listen to any ideas (in fact they specifically tell you on their "contact us" page that they will no respond to ideas from fans).  Unless you've got some sort of special connection to Universal Studios that no other member here has, you're just as helpless as the rest of us are when it comes to making Universal Studios continue LBT.
Yeah, I'm not surprised.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I remember trying to do that with my fanfiction. Trust me it was A LOT more realistic to LBT then it is now. I didn't know where to send the fanfiction to, so I felt a bit hopeless. :( I simply wanted to help the LBT people because of the low ratings they were getting.

A friend of mine's brother tried to do that for something and the movie studios, (I don't think it was Universal) sent him a bunch of free stuff and made a general note saying, "Thank you for your interest, and blah, blah, blah..."

Now, I am not in anyway trying to discourage you to not do this. If you want to, go ahead, if you feel the need to, go for it! And sure I might sound like an annoying positive, optimistic person at this point. I'm sure there are members in the forum that are annoyed with me and my optimism, but you know what? Who cares? So if in your heart of heart is telling you to do this, do it! :yes

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I think the best thing to do is to Work for them.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You need a Hollywood agent or an agent that knows a Hollywood agent or an agent with connections in Hollywood to sell any scripts to any company in Hollywood as far as I know.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Apr 12 2009 on  12:26 PM
You need a Hollywood agent or an agent that knows a Hollywood agent or an agent with connections in Hollywood to sell any scripts to any company in Hollywood as far as I know.
Would a lawyer work?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If you can pay the lawyer a lot of money (thousands or millions of dollars I think it is, not sure which) and you have enough stuff to back yourself up with, maybe. But the chances are still very slim.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Would a lawyer work?
Depends on the kind of lawyer and the field he or she is working in.
You have a lawyer as a relative I take it?
If a lawyer works in a related field (e.g. media law) and has fitting relations and contacts, there might be possibilities, but of course no certainties.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 12 2009 on  04:12 PM
Would a lawyer work?
Depends on the kind of lawyer and the field he or she is working in.
You have a lawyer as a relative I take it?
If a lawyer works in a related field (e.g. media law) and has fitting relations and contacts, there might be possibilities, but of course no certainties.
My (soon to be) lawyer is a friend of mine, but I don't know what kind of lawyer and the field he is working in, I'll have to ask him.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
In case of a soon to be lawyer I'm afraid chances are about zero that he has any contacts of the sort you would need.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
As others have said, chances are exceedingly slim that Universal will even acknowledge your ideas even if you send them in.  We haven't got the contacts necessary to help you.  If you like your ideas, write some fanfictions and publish them online for others to read.  We can help you with that.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Apr 13 2009 on  06:34 AM
As others have said, chances are exceedingly slim that Universal will even acknowledge your ideas even if you send them in.  We haven't got the contacts necessary to help you.  If you like your ideas, write some fanfictions and publish them online for others to read.  We can help you with that.
But can you guys help me write the fanfictions when publish I them online? That's why I post this quote "so let's Brainstorm :idea ?" in those kind of topics.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Fanfics usually have a single author, not a community of writers because you'll run into tons of creative issues since everyone will see the story differently.  If you're going to write fanfiction, it must you who decides how the story goes, what is in it, etc.  We can help give you ideas, but it is your story to write.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Apr 13 2009 on  05:35 PM
Fanfics usually have a single author, not a community of writers because you'll run into tons of creative issues since everyone will see the story differently.  If you're going to write fanfiction, it must you who decides how the story goes, what is in it, etc.  We can help give you ideas, but it is your story to write.
Alright, can all you members do that (In Bold)?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You want help with ideas? I'll give you one bit of advice That I would find useful; try reading some of the popular LBT fanfiction that's posted here and at other websites, Like fanfiction.net. Trust me, you could get some great ideas from seeing what ideas other LBT fans wrote. It helped me to start writing the fanfic I'm currently working on.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Also areas & plots not covered in the movies or tv series.  & if you dislike how parts of a movie turned out or what certain characters did that may give you ideas also.