The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Universal Studios

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
The whole purpose of a fanfic is to write out your own idea. We can help you come up with ideas, but we can't give you an idea because then it's not truly yours and the fanfic does not mean as much as it could.

However, if you want suggestions, we can certainly do everything we can to help out ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Also how about the gang as teens and or adults? What if Ruby's family lived in the great valley too?  Just how did Chomper get accepted in the great valley so well that he can live there?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Most of the fanfictions have not been written with the intention to be send to universals though and are therefore crossing overs of any kind with elements that are absolutely unfitting for an LBT movie. LBT stories that could, in theory be turned into a movie without any conflict with the world of LBT as we know it are the absolute exception.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
What about the ideas?  Worked on in what way?  You're the author and have come across some ideas we have tried...use them.  If they need "working on" then go for it.  Nobody has copyrighted ideas here or anything so they won't mind.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
If these are the Qualifications to be a Screenwriter:

Being a screenwriter takes a lot of skill in these areas: writing, imagination, and creativity. The usual courses that people may look for in a screenwriter may include courses in creative writing, journalism, sometimes, acting. Take note, however, that journalism and acting may not really be requirements for the position.

Screenwriters do not really have a set path in training. A screenwriter’s skills will expand as more experience is gained. If you are an experienced screenwriter, you may opt for a Master’s Degree in Screenwriting to further widen your knowledge about techniques, styles, etc that may be really helpful in your career.
Then I'm in trouble :( .

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
If you would like a career in screenwriting, you could prepare for it by putting a focus on English, Journalism, Writing, and Acting, as it suggests.

Just remember: these things don't happen overnight. You aren't going to wake up and suddenly realize you're a great screenwriter. It takes time, patience, and determination. You are going to have to want to do this and you are going to have to do the hard work to achieve it.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Apr 14 2009 on  05:25 PM
If you would like a career in screenwriting, you could prepare for it by putting a focus on English, Journalism, Writing, and Acting, as it suggests.

Just remember: these things don't happen overnight. You aren't going to wake up and suddenly realize you're a great screenwriter. It takes time, patience, and determination. You are going to have to want to do this and you are going to have to do the hard work to achieve it.
That's the problem, I'm very week in English.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Then study and work hard at it. That's all I have to say to that.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Apr 14 2009 on  07:50 PM
Then study and work hard at it. That's all I have to say to that.
That's easier said than done, for me <_< . No Offense, right?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I never said it was going to be easy. In order to become what you want to be (in this case, a script writer) the road to get there is not going to be easy. But if you are patient and keep on trying and don't give up, you may succeed.

Remember, there is no "Easy Button" so-to-speak in life.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Apr 14 2009 on  09:07 PM
I never said it was going to be easy. In order to become what you want to be (in this case, a script writer) the road to get there is not going to be easy. But if you are patient and keep on trying and don't give up, you may succeed.

Remember, there is no "Easy Button" so-to-speak in life.
Being a script writer is not really my dream, but it's my way of earning money for my real dream.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Apr 14 2009 on  10:14 PM
So what is your real dream then?
This here.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
That's easier said than done, for me
What am I to say then, or anyone else of the large group of GOF members for whom English is not the native tongue? I absolutely sucked at English (in fact I once got a mark in it which could have prevented me from being transferred to the next grade (had it been given at the end of a school-year and had I sucked as much in another subject)). Taking a look at my early posts in the N54 land before time forum or at the "translations" of my first story you will find that there is barely a single correct sentence.
I generally have a very low talent when it comes to acquiring new languages. I am not saying it is easy, but I think that learning and improving ourselves so we can continue to pursue our wishes and dreams is a lot of what life is about. If it was easy all the time life would soon grind down to a rather dull affair. If faced with challenges one has the choice either to avoid it (thereby deliberately giving up on the possible reward that would wait for those who master the challenge) or to take it on trying to go for that reward. No guarantee whatsoever to ultimately get the reward, but an absolute guarantee to learn something in the process of trying to.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 15 2009 on  05:09 AM
That's easier said than done, for me
What am I to say then, or anyone else of the large group of GOF members for whom English is not the native tongue? I absolutely sucked at English (in fact I once got a mark in it which could have prevented me from being transferred to the next grade (had it been given at the end of a school-year and had I sucked as much in another subject)). Taking a look at my early posts in the N54 land before time forum or at the "translations" of my first story you will find that there is barely a single correct sentence.
I generally have a very low talent when it comes to acquiring new languages. I am not saying it is easy, but I think that learning and improving ourselves so we can continue to pursue our wishes and dreams is a lot of what life is about. If it was easy all the time life would soon grind down to a rather dull affair. If faced with challenges one has the choice either to avoid it (thereby deliberately giving up on the possible reward that would wait for those who master the challenge) or to take it on trying to go for that reward. No guarantee whatsoever to ultimately get the reward, but an absolute guarantee to learn something in the process of trying to.
Well, Well, Well, I guess we have alot in common :yes  ;) .
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Apr 15 2009 on  08:24 AM
You want to race?
What are you saying?