The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How's the Weather?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
That must be stressful, hehe. I’ve drank so much soda over the years that the caffeine doesn’t seem to have an effect on me anymore. In fact, I think it actually makes me more tired at this point. It’s probably because I need much more caffeine than I used to need to acquire the same alertness effect. And since I’m drinking less of it now, that’s probably the reason why.
You can definitely get acclimatized to caffeine until it retards the effects without needing a larger dose. You'd probably need to switch to a different stimulant (like water) just to get that same effect.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
4 days ago, my area had the first “real” snowfall event, since snow actually accumulated on the ground. About 2 to 4 inches in total, and a Winter Weather Advisory to go with it. Took about 2 days for all the snow to completely dissipate on the ground. Temperatures were above freezing for the entire time it snowed too. The precipitation began as rain before transitioning to snow.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Been a while since I've posted here. Today was a fun day at work with having to work outside in -22°C weather. At least there was a decent amount of forklift driving and they have heat. Also didn't get it stuck in the snow as well so that's a plus :p

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
^Yikes. Those are certainly frosty conditions to be working in.

We had a snowfall here last night, although it's only -6°C right now.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah it wasn't the greatest, though starting tomorrow I'm gonna get hit with some cold weather for the next week, ranging from -32°C to -42°C with the windchill according to the forecast.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My weather is a huge contrast to yours Flathead770. Starting tonight and into tomorrow morning, there will be rain with very windy conditions. Tomorrow's temperature is expected to be in the low 60s°F. That is pretty close to the record high, I'd say. It will cool down after that, but it's still quite surprising to see how warm it can get in January.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Got up to around 0°C today. It felt amazing after last week's -40 fiasco :p

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Coldest temperature recorded in my area so far was only 18°F (~-7.8°C) this season. Outlook of snow this week and next week is basically none. Temperatures ranging between 5°C - 10°C in the day time, or 40s°F, and nighttime temperatures ranging between below freezing, at freezing, or above freezing depending on the day. Expecting a lot of rain from a storm system on Saturday.

February and maybe March are the two months left where I can still get significant snowfall until Spring officially kicks into gear and it gets too warm for it.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Looks like this will be one of the mildest winters in my lifetime so far. Temperatures of 10°C or above seems to be the definite forecast for this week and also next week. On the bright side, none of my snow days for school are used up this year for once. :)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Cold.. O so cold.. ❄️

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Update: There seems to be snow on the forecast on Friday night, but total accumulations look very bleak. It is four days away though, so the forecast may be subject to change.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Update: The cold is abating, but still not warm.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It goes to show just how warm it is early in the year when it already reached 65°F on Monday this week. And today is expected to be 66°F. Whereas last year, that kind of temperature in my area was non-existent until May basically.
:olittlefoot

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
70’s and higher.. O humidity, please forsake me. 

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, tonight is 29°F. While my area seems to have these occasional nights where the temperature gets a bit cold, but even then, it very quickly rebounds on the next day and night. The current temperature right now is 42°F.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Windy and cool 60oF

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For tonight and the next two days, showers/rain is expected for my area.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Cool 50’sF, and high winds.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The last day below freezing so far seems to be tomorrow night, forecasted to be 29°F. After that, 40s seem to dominate.