The Land Before Time > Character Showcase

Littlefoot's Mother Showcase - January 2021

(1/3) > >>

rhombus:

Some things you see with your eyes, others you see with your heart.

----------------

In this topic please feel free to discuss Littlefoot's Mother as a character, to share your own creations (fanfics or fanart) concerning this character, or to mention some of your favorite fanworks of others involving her.  For a full set of rules please see the 2021 Monthly Character Showcase topic but keep in mind that this is meant to be fun as opposed to any sort of contest.

I will go ahead and get the discussion started with the following questions:

1.  For many of us seeing Littlefoot's mother meet her end in the first film was a very emotional moment.  Do you remember your reaction to witnessing that scene for the first time?

2.  With the possible exception of Littlefoot's portion of "Always There" in the fifth film, the passing of Littlefoot's Mother and its effect of Littlefoot were only substantively covered in the first film.  Do you think this subject should be brought up again in any future film or television series?

LittleDas75:
To answer your first question I can't remember my first reaction to her dying. In fact I don't remember crying at all during that scene. And as for the second question, it should be brought up again in future LBT content absolutely.

ChocoDrake:

--- Quote from: LittleDas75 on January 02, 2021, 04:04:55 PM ---To answer your first question I can't remember my first reaction to her dying. In fact I don't remember crying at all during that scene. And as for the second question, it should be brought up again in future LBT content absolutely.

--- End quote ---

:exactly Heck, I have the same problem as well, I can't remember it or crying either. It takes a lot to make me cry sometimes so...

ChocoDrake:
Does anyone else have issues with writing her character? I think I'm doing good at keeping her in character, at least I hope so, but I always have that worry. I see her as this spiritual motherly guardian, nice and kind but does not take crap from anyone.

I wonder how others see her? Is there any strange quirks that just kinda happen when you write her? Everyone has a way of writing certain characters, what's your version of Littlefoot's Mother?

I've noticed my writing is different when writing her, I always use the word Yet a lot, and she always seems to follow her instincts more than anyone I've written for before. Also she's been kind of snippy these last few chapters, but I mostly blame that on stress, seeing your kids hit a dead end literally will do that to you.

Nanotyrannus:
I don't think there's much to say about her that hasn't already been said; for as little screen time as she gets, she stands as one of the most memorable characters in the movie and one of the strongest in the whole series.  :MomCompassion

1.) This is an odd case; not only do I not remember crying at the scene of her dying when I first watched it, but I straight-up don't remember the scene from any of my viewings of the movie from when I was little; I definitely pay attention to it whenever I watch the movie now, but still, weird...

2.) The fact that I took a good minute to pause and savor her being mentioned in some capacity in the opening narration of JotB when Universal released the first ten minutes of the movie definitely says something about my stance on this matter; absolutely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version