The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Caption section will no longer be active

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
*sigh* Well, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but I have unfortunate news.

Yesterday, I received a PM from an anonymous source saying that they had recently scanned the caption section here. On many of the captions I and many others posted, we have used several pop culture references here and there. Turns out, I specifically have been charged with multiple accounts of copyright infringement by various companies responsible for the references made as a result. I'm not sure about anyone else, but who knows of their fate...

After I explained this situation to the admins, they have realized that even by posting these captions, we could easily be sued for the references made, and potentially have GOF be shut down as a result. To prevent this, a unanimous decision was made by the admins, and they chose me to make this announcement, much as I hate to do so.

Effective at 12:00 A.M. EST tonight, this section will no longer be active.

Yes, you read right. That means no more posting pictures on these forums, and especially no more pop culture references due to the potentially risk of copyright infringement.

It's been a lot of fun on this section for the past several years. In fact, it's been my favorite section ever the whole time I was here. Unfortunately, I wasn't ready for what fate had to say to me about it. And I'm not pleased to say that fate did not give us a good answer.

Whether or not you have posted on this section of the forum for many years, or are just a newcomer hoping to post captions here, my sincerest apologies for this announcement. Sadly, I guess things happen for a reason. It's little wonder how simple pop culture references can get you in trouble with the companies responsible, no matter where you are on the Internet. I wish this wasn't true, but I guess this will all change us from this point on...

To add a further note before conclusion, I did ask for permission to display a list of the names of companies suing us, and they agreed to let me post the list:https://www.ifyoucan.org/wp-content/uploads...-Wallpapers.jpg

Again, my sincerest apologies...

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

MF217

• 밀레 시안
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://mf217.deviantart.com/
This is a bloody April fools joke isn't it?

... and they agreed to let me post the list:https://www.ifyoucan.org/wp-content/uploads...-Wallpapers.jpg

I think that alone speaks for itself, Dalek.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code:
Marty
3695-0507-9451
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:
MF217
SW-2833-1633-8314
Note: PM me before asking for any meetings on various games for the 3DS or Switch please.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
  This is a bloody April fools joke isn't it?
What else? Of course!  :lol:
Inactive, probably forever.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well, look at that, the section will be gone finally. I can't find words for how much I despised the caption-this part of the community. An utter disgrace on an otherwise really nice forum with cool categories, but Caption This?! Be gone, and be gone for good!

PS: I should also mention that I totally dislike Littlefoot and the Gang, that I'm a huge fan of the Yellowbellies and the 13th movie, that I can't stand MLP:FIM and that I totally think that the Land Before Time fandom is dead. x(cera

pps: in case this isn't clear yet. This post isn't absolutely and utterly unserious and should never be taken as a wrong statement.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I think it's pretty obvious by now. Apologies to those who may have taken offense to this prank for one reason or another.

Admins, you can either lock or remove this thread if you so choose.  ;)

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
When I clicked that link, Google Chrome came up with an error. It said this:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.ifyoucan.org (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).
NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Same here. Seems a little weird...I don't think TAP did this, did he? Nah. What is it though? I literally have no clue, mainly because I thought it was just an April Fool's image link or something similar.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile