The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The blame goes to Aves on this one.

Tobe · 20 · 1959

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Ok, so, the last time I watched anything involving this sort of thing was when I was around 8 and watched the first movie.

Aves' antics along with lurking around this place (not to mention a sizeable lot of rum).  Gave me an idea, well not really, I saw the basic gist when Huey watched BET for a week on end on Boondocks.  But still, I decided that I would watch every LBT movie I could find back to back (breaks to work and eat and sleep mind you.)  So for three days that is what I did upon finishing my nearly 8 gig download of I-XI.  After the first 7 however the experiment became tainted as I was coerced into seeing Cloverfield (great flick by the way).

HOWEVER, before that I noticed weird changes in my personality.  I was *gack* polite and helpful at work.  I did things for people I normally wouldn't do.

It was...

HORRIBLE.

I'm a Network Operator.  My job HINGES on my ability to scare away techno-illiterate idiots so I can get done what I need to get done.  I had no progression in any project for nearly two days thanks to those movies.  Thank god for giant *spoiler omitted*.

Regardless, I continued the last part of the experiment to no avail.  Why?  I dunno, I wanted to see what happened I guess.

My thoughts however on the series?

Better than most things I've seen that they make kids watch, although the lack of Doc saying, "I'll be your huckleberry," disappointed me greatly.  And the dolphin that resembled a bad Shroom trip and sounded like JarJar made my eyes and ears bleed.  I'm not kidding, dat crap could rust NAILS.

It's interesting to come back to a show you saw as a kid and see where they went with it.   Although I think some of the background adult characters had more character development than the main character children.

Not all that much changed from the original with relation to characters.  Probably a good thing considering most attempts to remodel classic characters into ones that "appeal to today's youth" almost ALWAYS fail.   Lunatics anyone?

Ducky seems to be as naive and innocent as ever.  Petrie is still riding the shortbus.  Spike could still be replaced with Garfield painted green and noone would notice.  Cera still needs to be slapped over the head with something large and dense, like her father's skull.  

And Littlefoot?  

Damn man, cheer up emokid.  Your father is Jack F'ing Bauer!  JACK BAUER!  The only way your dad could be more BADASS is if he was Raistlin Majere...  Oh, wait, ne-ver-mind.  Wuss.

However, Chomper.  Yeah.  Bilingual, love the lisp...  Probably the best character I saw.  No, seriously, I love little things with sharp teeth and red eyes.  Freaking awesome.  Redeemed a whole movie by himself.

Anyway, bottomline, I see the draw.  I do.  I'm not sure I'm as large of a fan as a lot of the people here but I can see why now.  Better than most of the drivel on TV.  Although they could spend a little more time on the songs.  Sounds like Randy Newman wrote the bulk of them.

Sorry, sorry, I'm just mad that I didn't get to hear Jack F'ing Bauer sing.  Dang Emofoot taking all the screentime.  :p

Well, thats about it.  Although now I'm not sure if I like Ducky or Chomper better.  

Oooo Oooo, almost forgot!  Award for most 3d character goes to Petrie's Uncle Pterano!  For being the only villain and one of the CHARACTERS to have not only a z-axis to their personality but to have real character development.   I award Pterano the coveted "Christopher Lee Villian Award".    Well deserving of being VAed by D'Artagnan.

K, I'm done.

~Tobe

Jack F'ing Bauer, SHEEEESH.

What?  Go away I'm finished!   Oh, right.  *Clicks post*

arrogantrex

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Oh wow...I needed to see this. Great going, and great reporting. X3  :lol  :lol  :lol

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Glad you enjoyed the series.  It didn't alter my personality any, but I guess it would some.

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
You apparently have to watch 1-7 on end.  Nothing in between.   Maybe you need to intake rum as well?

~Tobe

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I may just have to try that and see what happens! You made it sound funny though! :DD Great investigative reporting!

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
I kinda sat with him all the way through.. it was funnier through IM chat session xD

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I'm doing the Series now.  Whats been uploaded that is, anyway.  Already making some notes.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Was he tied down to a chair with his eyes propped open and his head locked so his face was facing the tv?

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Kor, think of it this way

MST3K

I'm the Mad in this Project, and Tobe here was my test case

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So you would suffocate him if he refused to watch all the movies?      I forgot if it was in Joel or Mike's eras but I did see at least once where one of those 2 refused and the mad in charge cut off his air.  The host finally had to go in or suffocate.  Though much the same thing happens if Gypsy stops running things so the host can talk to her with her full intelligence since most of it is running the satellite it leaves her with very left over.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I've watched all 13 movies in a row before.  I made a day of it.  I got up at 5am and watched until nearly 9pm.  I was so SICK of LBT by the end and I didn't watch LBT for another 3 days after that (which is unheard of for me.  I usually watch at least 1 per day).  Afterwards, I too noticed some strange things.  When I was in school, kids would do some horrible nasty thing and I was surprised by it, when I normally wouldn't be because they do it all the time.  I started humming LBT songs in class and my teacher said "Now what song is that?"  "I remember it from somewhere, but I don't know where it's from."  My thought after that was "oooooh, S***!" :lol I was also more cheery than I usually was.  Yeah, I won't be doing that ever again.  Advise to all of you:

If you must watch all the LBT movies in order, spread it out over a couple of days!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yes.  Something like:
Day 1:  1-7
day 2: 8-13
Day 3: the tv series.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Tobe, that was one of the funniest things I've ever read on here about the series.  :lol:  You've already brightened my day (and it just started and will be a long one).

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Emofoot lol

Awesome review man. I agreed with almost everything too. :lol

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
Quote from: Tobe,Jan 28 2008 on  09:47 PM
Petrie is still riding the shortbus.
you made me laugh until I coughed with just this line...

you know the actors/actresses pretty well, I only know Aria Noelle Curzon, Anndi McAffee, Bernadette Peters (who I SWEAR should've sung, since that's kind of her claim to fame,) Thomas Dekker, John Ingle, and Tress MacNeille...

or did you IMDB it?

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I knew Jack Bauer.  Not recognizing that would be like not recognizing Chuck Norris or Samuel L *obligatory vulgarity* Jackon.    I was just curious on Pterano and looked it up in IMDB.

Series will be a little bit.  I'm through half and have some rather interesting revelations on it but tonight there was an unexpected reunion with my old "promising local band" mates that haven't spoken in a decade.  Not to mention the drummer, my ex, being... well dead.  yay life!

Going to talk things through with one of them tomorrow.  Depending on how that goes I might get through them tomorrow night.  I may end up needing some lunacy (and alcohol) to undo the past rearing it's ugly head.

~Tobe (My poop floats!)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Honestally, I laughed so hard at the Jack F'ing Bauer part. It was hilarious!!! :lol Hmm, after reading this, I'm seriously thinking about doing this experiment. Maybe I'll just have to gather up the movies, sit down with a soda and some popcorn and put on the tv, put in the movies and press play. Wonder how that will go. :lol: