The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Humanized LBT

Dalekdino · 614 · 115200

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Here's a comparison of my Littlefoot in his PJs pic see what you think.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^Where do you get these memes if you don't mind me asking? People use them all the time on DA but I never found out where to get them or how to fill them for that matter...

Anyway, is it just me or is the old one looking better than the new version? Littlefoot's hands appear a little too big to me in the new one...
Inactive, probably forever.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Dec 6 2014 on  10:47 AM
^Where do you get these memes if you don't mind me asking? People use them all the time on DA but I never found out where to get them or how to fill them for that matter...

Anyway, is it just me or is the old one looking better than the new version? Littlefoot's hands appear a little too big to me in the new one...
What you think they old is better!? Well I disagree there. His hands look too small for me in the old one, and I really wasn't happy with how I did the feet in the original either, and I'm not happy with the face..

Anyway here's a link to the meme.
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Redraw-meme-416327275

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, that's just my opinion anyway...  :unsure:

Anyway, thanks for the link.
Inactive, probably forever.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

I thought as in the LBT TV show Ruby and Chomper are close friends. I'd do my human versions of them bonding.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Dec 8 2014 on  05:38 PM
Nice :)

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Awww, this looks like sibling bonding! ADORABLE!

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: CeraTheRed,Dec 10 2014 on  06:12 AM
Awww, this looks like sibling bonding! ADORABLE!
Yes Ruby would be the nearest thing to a sister for Chomper as he's an only child. And Littlefoot is kind of his brother figure too.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

This is Ruby's nightdress I've made for her and will be seen in future pics. I made it one of those long fancy night gowns as Ruby is a princess in my human LBT world.

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Pretty. It really gives off a princess vibe...particularly an Anime princess. I like this a lot. Dang I'm behind. I wish I hadn't gotten into another thing not long after I got back into LBT...

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: CeraTheRed,Jan 11 2015 on  08:38 AM
Pretty. It really gives off a princess vibe...particularly an Anime princess. I like this a lot. Dang I'm behind. I wish I hadn't gotten into another thing not long after I got back into LBT...
Glad you like and think it's princess like:) I thinking of doing a pic Ruby in this nightgown again while sleeping next to Chomper as their closes friends and Ruby is like an older sister to Chomper. Like I did Cera and Tricia, Littlefoot and Ali etc., sleeping together. Also maybe Ruby and all the other female characters having a pillow fight or something.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

I thought I'd draw Ruby and Chomper sleeping together, as in the LBT TV show they live in a cave together and Ruby is pretty much a older sister figure to Chomper.

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Awwww, they look so CUTE sleeping together! Ruby makes the BEST surrogate sister to Chomper...and only sister, since Chomper us an only child.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: CeraTheRed,Feb 2 2015 on  05:12 PM
Awwww, they look so CUTE sleeping together! Ruby makes the BEST surrogate sister to Chomper...and only sister, since Chomper us an only child.
Glad you like it.  Yes she is and you can also say Littlefoot is a good  brother figure to Chomper too.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
I was unsure about this a long time because I'm not usually someone to give a thorough feedback, (mostly because I don't know what to say) but I want to make an exception here. I hope you think this is helpful and I hope you don't get this the wrong way, I'm just trying to help out. This is about everything you do and not just about the art inside this topic

So, to make it a little bit organized, I'll go with some steps.

1) Take the time you need

A lot of your drawings are good when it comes to the idea, but they also look like you should have spend more time on them. Your major problem are white spots inside colored areas, like here. On some characters you did a fine job (Cera's hair) but just look at her shirt. There are a lot of white spots there and on other characters too. It is a fact that some of them are a result of the paper you're using, but take your time and try to make the coloring as clean as possible.

2) Stick to one kind of art (traditional/digital/etc)

A lot of your drawings are traditionally drawn characters pasted into digitally drawn backgrounds like this: http://fav.me/d7kyvn1
There is only one thing to say here: don't do that.
There might be some ways for this to work but pencils, colored or not, are very hard to fit inside the perfect coloring you get when drawing digital. If you'd use other ways to color your traditional pictures (markers for example) it would look better, but unless you have years of experience, doing this in a way that it looks real is really challenging

Now, putting something handdrawn into a real environment is something else and while also not that easy to pull of, it is at least easier. But - take yourself time again and also put some thought into that. I'll take this for an example: http://fav.me/d7sld0j

If you take something out of a picture, pay attention to how that is done. There are still some parts there you can cut away, like some white spots on his back or where his front leg knee is. In some other ones you removed parts of the outlines as well. Just pay some attention to what you're doing when making this.
Then comes the thinking: If a dinosaur would be there, he would affect his environment, too. Like, the blanket would be a little pressed down where he stands and he also would create a shadow. Another thing are colors. They work out here, but think about this: what color has something you see at night, at morning, at noon or afternoon. Or just look how the colors seem in the picture, and then adjust your drawing so that it fits.

Long story short: your drawing needs to influence the place you put it into and the place needs to influence the drawing.

3) Sizes

This is also a very important thing to get some consistence in a lot of your drawings. I don't say you need to draw the Gang as bis as they should be (and believe me they're big, I once did the math and Littlefoot would reach 4 meters, they're dinosaurs after all) but it would be very good if you establish one size per crossover, like, how big are they in my world, in the world of Hyrule etc. And then stick to that. As I said, your pictures will make more sense then and consistence is important.

4 (the last point) Do what you can and don't do what you can't.

This one is about every drawing where you placed something in front of a background you haven't done yourself.
It's pretty obvious what I'm saying here, but if you want backgrounds, draw them yourself. Same goes for photos you want to put the characters into. Before you are about to do this, let me tell you that very often it looks more professional to just show the drawing how it is. Without taking the characters out and putting them inside something you haven't done yourself.

Long story short: try to make everything contained in your drawings yourself.

Well, I don't know what else I can add here except this: This one depends on what you want to do. If you're okay with your ability to draw as it is now, that is just fine.
But if you want to become better, start pushing yourself. Don't be like "man that's too advanced for me etc", just do it, and also take your sweet time if you need it. It might be frustrating but if you really want to get somewhere, you will make it through. And you will start to learn more and more if you stick to it.

Because the route is the goal, or rather the experience you get when you decide to take it. ;)

I hope this was somewhat helpful to you

RockingScorpion

Oh, and one last thing: If you wanna start improving, maybe you can do some practice on perspective. Some of your drawings ( http://fav.me/d8gvbjk ) struggle with just that. ;)

And of course, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
^
My God I did not see this coming.... Well I'll reply to you about this properly in a PM.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

This is my android version of the Plated Sharptooth aka giganotosaurus from the land before time 5.
Just note I won't do a ton of humanized stuff from LBT 5 as it one of my not soo favourite sequel's.
But the ones I really hate and won't do any humanizing from are LBT 6,8,11 and 13.

Anyway the weapons for this android version of Sharptooth is the big claws on his right hand, and a laser cannon on his left arm.

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Again, AWESOME! The Plated Sharptooth was actually pretty cool. I LOVE his design here!

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: CeraTheRed,Feb 20 2015 on  04:31 PM
Again, AWESOME! The Plated Sharptooth was actually pretty cool. I LOVE his design here!
Great! :)