The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Wow! Pixels must have SUCKED!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In all honesty, I had interest in this movie for the nostalgia trip alone, but after looking at the reviews and a few other things, I'm totally avoiding it.

I mean, the reviews don't help matters. (One even declared "death of Adam Sandler's career" all together.) Not to mention, he literally did a "copyright takedown" of every video that contained the word "Pixels" in the title. (He even attacked videos that HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS MOVIE!) Now, it's already out on Google Play and Vudu.

If I see it on DVD before the end of September, it'll all but cement my stance of avoiding it.

That's all I have to say on it.

See ya later! :wave

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I might still see it. I don't usually pay much attention to reviews to be honest.

Also, I kind of expected the movie to be stupid. The whole premise just reemed of that. I didn't expect it to be anything that deep or ground breaking.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Honestly, listening to what reviewers have to say is never a good thing... most of the comments are written based not on the movie (independently of the flick) has to offer, but in how it broke someone's expectations... and, in that regard, they have a very low value when it comes to measure the movie for what it is.

I won't see that flick, however, because I don't think that it's going to appeal me. But yeah, sites like IMDB tend to underrate stuff to an almost criminal level... just saying.

That's not saying that every review is like that, though. Some are very well thought-out and can work miracles to help you decide whether you are going to spend time on a movie (or game) or not.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
It's really too bad. The trailers looked pretty interesting from what I saw. I don't really care for Adam Sandler (although to be fair, Eight Crazy Nights did at least look nice) but I was still interested in seeing this just for the video game stuff.

Also Midnight, I do agree with you to some extent. You shouldn't completely listen to what a reviewer has to say but they do help give a general idea of what the movie/song/game etc. is going to be like before you see/play/listen to it.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Oh, Adam Sandler, when will you ever not be a bundle of wasted talent?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
It has to do with Adam Sandler? Good thing I already decided not to watch it. Hotel Transylvania is literally the ONLY Adam Sandler movie I like. At all!

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: CeraTheRed,Aug 23 2015 on  05:32 AM
It has to do with Adam Sandler? Good thing I already decided not to watch it. Hotel Transylvania is literally the ONLY Adam Sandler movie I like. At all!
The fact that Adam Sandler was in the movie didn't really affect my opinion of what I know so far about the movie. Honestly, I could care less what the actors in a movie are and I never really fully understood why some people go crazy (in both directions) regarding the actors in a movie.

But that's just me. I guess I just prefer seeing how a movie is on its own merits instead of judging it based on the fact that one one particular guy is in the movie.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Someone close to me said it was really good, I'm not sure if it's good or not but it's not my kinda thing. I suppose if you want to see it, you see it so you can review it yourself.
8 years with TGOF :yum

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm still planning on seeing it with a group of friends, I don't really care what critics say I judge the movie myself.

It still not released in Australia, it doesn't hit cinemas here until September, don't know why we get it so much later then the USA but we do.

Doubt there will be a DVD until the Australian theater run is over, but you never know USA might bring out their DVD while Australia still has it in cinemas...kinda odd but whatever.

Only seen previews of it, it looks ok...thats all I can say about it.

Will just have to wait for the Australian release and judge for myself.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 23 2015 on  08:23 AM
The fact that Adam Sandler was in the movie didn't really affect my opinion of what I know so far about the movie. Honestly, I could care less what the actors in a movie are and I never really fully understood why some people go crazy (in both directions) regarding the actors in a movie.

But that's just me. I guess I just prefer seeing how a movie is on its own merits instead of judging it based on the fact that one one particular guy is in the movie.
Because the actors in it ARE a part of the film's merits. Also, the fact that Adam Sandler is in a film likely means that it is going to suck.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Sep 13 2015 on  12:30 PM
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 23 2015 on  08:23 AM

Because the actors in it ARE a part of the film's merits. Also, the fact that Adam Sandler is in a film likely means that it is going to suck.
Sandler's been picking roles out of sheer desperation -come on, that's certainly how it feels- for the last two decades or so, but when the source material didn't suck, he did a pretty good job as an actor. I certainly enjoyed a good portion of his movies. The problem being that all the rest are pretty much the same movie with different plots... and Pixels is no exception.