The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Discussion of "A sudden change of species"

Ducky123 · 283 · 26218

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Alright, I'll look forward to reading it in the afternoon  :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just two quick questions:

1. Are y'all confortable with the speed of the action? I personally wouldn't mind some more speed though it's really fine considering that we all do have a life (I guess :p).

2. Would you like me (or anybody else for that matter) to PM you if it's your turn to post in the RP? Maybe after three days of inactivity? This would also apply for my other RP (don't wanna doublepost)
Inactive, probably forever.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, maybe some more regular posting would be a little better, though obviously if someone has a lot going on it's understandable why they might not have the time. Maybe something like, at least a post every few days? (I do have a life - honest!  :lol)

And yeah, if I don't post for a bit and it's my turn, I won't mind if someone PMs me to give me a nudge along :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay :) How about the others? Oh, and it's Anonymous' turn if I recall correctly. :yes

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
1. Are y'all confortable with the speed of the action? I personally wouldn't mind some more speed though it's really fine considering that we all do have a life (I guess  :p ).

In my opinion, I think that a modest increase in the pace of action would be good.  At least, like bushwacked said, a post every few days.

2. Would you like me (or anybody else for that matter) to PM you if it's your turn to post in the RP? Maybe after three days of inactivity? This would also apply for my other RP (don't wanna doublepost)

This sounds like a good idea to me.  If it ever becomes my turn in the RP and I don't post within a day or two then it will be because I am more than likely unaware that it is my turn.  So a helpful nudge in the form of a PM would be much appreciated on my end.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think the Gang should agree to Chomper, or maybe we'll simply have the grown-ups calling for their young ones since they're playing in the evening... whatever you guys prefer :yes

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^ Either way sounds fine to me.  Perhaps their parents could begin calling them home while they are debating which game to play next?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So it looks like the gang are all heading home for the night.  What is the next item in the agenda for the RP?  Does the gang simply wake up the next day or is something else planned?

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd really like to go ahead and get the story going. Ex. go ahead and get the Gang changed asap. Maybe have Chomper make his wish, and everyone changes tonight. I mean, if we go over another day before they change, that could be months of RPing.

I don't wanna forceful, but it's just mostly been boring so far. I wanna get into some action and drama already.

What's everyone else think?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am open to whatever everyone thinks is a good idea.  

A concern that I have with having the wish tonight, is that if the rainbowfaces were to enter the valley now and offer Chomper's wish then that would mean that the other children would not be present to witness the event, as the other children have already left with their parents or grandparents.  If they all made a wish the night before, then they could assume that the wish turned them into sharpteeth and thus have enough foresight to meet up with the other "changed" members.  But if they were not present (except for chomper, of course) then they would have absolutely no context for why they have been changed.  Of course, if they all end up sleepwalking to a common destination (which I seem to remember us talking about earlier, but I am not certain if we agreed to anything or not) then that would resolve that difficulty.  Another way to resolve that difficulty, I suppose, is to have each of the gang individually decide to seek out Chomper after the change.  This would be a reasonable decision by each of them, in that if one suddenly changed into a sharptooth species it would be logical to seek out the only other sharptooth in the valley for assistance.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sure, I'd be up for that. And yeah, looking back I think most of us said the sleepwalking idea would be good - where they all have a dream, similar to the one rhombus mentioned earlier, and wake up near to where Chomper and Ruby live. That would mean after the initial confusion (putting it lightly :p), they'd still need to try and sneak out of the valley.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I guess it's kinda too late to join this RP, huh? I've been reading it with passing interest over the past few months, but wasn't sure if I wanted in or not. After reading the ideas you have for it at least, it does sound pretty fun. :) I guess all the slots are filled though. :p

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^ I am currently playing two characters, Spike and Mama flyer.  If you are interested, you may take over Petrie's mother. :yes  Spike is the character that I am really interested in exploring in this RP.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm sure there'd be some characters free for you - if you want him, I'd give you Guido?

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Bushwacked: Unfortunately I've never seen Great Day of the Flyers (I know... I know... I'm a heretic  :cry ) so I have no idea about Guido or his personality. :p I appreciate the offer though.

Rhombus: I'll consider it, but only if you're sure, since... I don't want to impose.

(runner up)
(runner up)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^  It's alright, I don't mind at all.  I simply chose to take Mama flyer because no one had taken her and we were hurrying to try to start the RP.  She is all yours if you want her.  :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So it looks like the gang are all heading home for the night. What is the next item in the agenda for the RP? Does the gang simply wake up the next day or is something else planned?
Next day sounds fine :) I'd say the Gang meet somewhere and the Rainbowfaces appear out of nowhere (like in LBT 7 maybe? Whoosh, and there they are? I don't want to prolong this any longer (I totally agree to you, von. Was just waiting for Ruby to do something but... yeah)).

I guess it's kinda too late to join this RP, huh? I've been reading it with passing interest over the past few months, but wasn't sure if I wanted in or not. After reading the ideas you have for it at least, it does sound pretty fun. smile.gif I guess all the slots are filled though. dino_tongue.gif
You could have one of the Rainbowfaces for a start :yes Later, we might introduce OC's (in a year at the current pace :bang) so you could get involved right into the action... Or you could have one of Chomper's parents who will be important later...

I am open to whatever everyone thinks is a good idea.

A concern that I have with having the wish tonight, is that if the rainbowfaces were to enter the valley now and offer Chomper's wish then that would mean that the other children would not be present to witness the event, as the other children have already left with their parents or grandparents. If they all made a wish the night before, then they could assume that the wish turned them into sharpteeth and thus have enough foresight to meet up with the other "changed" members. But if they were not present (except for chomper, of course) then they would have absolutely no context for why they have been changed. Of course, if they all end up sleepwalking to a common destination (which I seem to remember us talking about earlier, but I am not certain if we agreed to anything or not) then that would resolve that difficulty. Another way to resolve that difficulty, I suppose, is to have each of the gang individually decide to seek out Chomper after the change. This would be a reasonable decision by each of them, in that if one suddenly changed into a sharptooth species it would be logical to seek out the only other sharptooth in the valley for assistance.
I agree. The "wishing should happen the next day. It'll probably be the only event of the day - we'll move right to the actual "change of species" after that. When the Gang awake (should we do it similar to how rhombus described it in his fic "The Seven Hunters"? ---> The Gang having sleepstories?

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I guess my only reservation about Mama Flyer is she might not be a very active character soon after the transformation. :p BUT... I could totally get behind a rainbowface, given I loved them in 7. :DD

(runner up)
(runner up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd be eager to hand you my Rainbowface, though I'd also like to keep her :p

How about you, TAP? Would you mind to hand over Mimus to Pterano?