The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rinkus & I

Jrd89 · 11 · 1893

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Guys, I can't help it. I've been thinking a lot about Rinkus in my head over the last 2 days. I can't hold it in anymore guys. I know i'm just imagining, but I HAVE to say it. I want to open up what i'd want as an lbt rhamph.

For the last 2 nights, i've thought of Rinkus at night when i'm in bed..and it's very comforting and has helped me relax and fall asleep faster.

I mean it guys, If I were a rhamphorhynchus..  I'd want Rinkus and I to develop a deep bond of friendship (no, i'm not talking about LOVE-love O_O...

Just to have a very strong friendship with Rinkus). Nothing would please me more than to become best friends with each other.

I mean it. I'd do anything with Rinkus. flying around and skimming the waters fishing together, visiting a waterfall, exploring a cave, going for walks, sitting down and taking a nap, having a quiet talk, a pat on the shoulder, a hug of friendship, farting together! :D lol! , rubbing our fat bellies after a big, delicious fish meal, burping, playing/twirling our tails around... i'd want to do all of those things with Rinkus... just him and I spending time together having fun with each other in a deep, strong friendship.  

Rinkus and I...  two rhamphorhynchuses... the best of friends.    Awwh. ;) heh heh.

I know some of you may be thinking "one-shot co-villain.. nothing special at all.." But no. I see a (fictional-fanfic) friendship between us.  

I would love to become Rinkus's best friend, guys, I really mean it. He and I would make one funny duo together, and i'd love to do all of the things I listed above with him. I'd do anything to have many fun times and make good memories through a strong friendship with Rinkus.

There, guys, I spilled my heart out. That's what i'd want to have happen. Rinkus and I..  two rhamphorhynchuses.. bonded as best friends/buddies. :D What do you think? I'd LOVE to develop a very strong friendship and become best friends with Rinkus. I make a great LBT rhamph, too. (in "Flyers")  

And I'd love to become Rinkus's best friend and be the best two buddies ever! ;)

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
One last time..(so this thread is on top of the list) :)

If I were an lbt rhamphorhynchus, I'd want Rinkus and I to be BEST friends with each other!  :D

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Oh goodness...this just sounds too cute! Considering I am indeed somewhat of a "flyer boy" myself (mainly due to the fact that Petrie is indeed my favorite member of the gang). Not like Rinkus is my favorite out of the trio, but...dawwwww!  :wub

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thank you, anonymous!!    :wub   thank you VERY much! :D  ^_^ That was a very touching reply. :)

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You should write a fanfic about it^^ I'd like to read that, esp. since I don't really see Rinkus as the 'nice type.'
I mean, yeah, he can be somewhat gentle and non-confrontational, but I got to see his sneaky, kind of scheming side, which downplayed the character for me a little.
Don't get me wrong, I still like Rinkus. He's sort of like a Pterano in that aspect. He isn't bad, but he does bad things. I think he just got carried away with all that magical mumbo jumbo on the Stone.
Sierra, on the other hand, while I don't think of him as intentionally murderous, I see as someone who's clearly assertive and plans ahead. He's calculating, moody, and carries out his plans. I don't really see either of them as 'evil'.
I would like to see this as a fic, Jared, I think you should give it a shot^^
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Struteggstealer: That's exactly what I think about Rinkus. I know he can be gentle. Of course he was sneaky and scheming with the stone and all... I understand.

He can be somewhat gentle and non-confrontational, but I got to see his sneaky, kind of scheming side, which downplayed the character for me a little.
Don't get me wrong, I still like Rinkus. He's sort of like a Pterano in that aspect. He isn't bad, but he does bad things. I think he just got carried away with all that magical mumbo jumbo on the Stone.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Not to burst any bubble or anything, but didn't Rinkus suggest to torture Littlefoot to get the information about where the stone landed from him? In the scene where he "cuts his throat" with a finger (not a gesture standing for gentle attitude) he definitely actually uses the word "Folter" (Torture) in the German version while I don't quite remember the words in the English version. An adult ready to torture children (or anyone for that matter) would not appear too saintlike or likable in my opinion.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, didn't know he actually said that in the german version. In the English version, it goes like this.

"Why not simply let the longneck tell us where it is..." *Makes the slitting a neck motion* "...Or else!"

Anyway, I don't know if Rinkus is that... stable either. He looks like he tries to play the part, to get other's to do what he wants. Very manipulative, but in a more suble way.

Thinking about him, kinda makes me think about that mastermind criminal in ManHunter.  :blink:
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Malte and Vaughn: Awwh. :(  guys....     Well, I have my own views and opinions of Rinkus (including the fanfic "flyers of the mysterious beyond". I don't only view Rinkus by his behavior only from "cold fire".)   I understand you both and you have the rights to say what you think of Rinkus.

(Guys, for those of you who don't know... I have a social form of "aspergers syndrome" I know I may say weird things sometimes, :( and some of you think "No, Jared, you do NOT understand Rinkus correctly. You couldn't be more wrong!"

Sometimes in my head, I think and imagine stuff that I could do (as a rhamph) with Rinkus in my head sometimes. Please forgive me.)

I understand that he and Sierra wanted to take command and over-turn Pterano when they reached the stone.

It's just.....(don't call me a stupid, brainwashed idiot for this. It's my view of Rinkus)

I see potential in Rinkus that an average typical "stone of cold fire" viewer doesn't look at. He is not limited to just "the stone of cold fire" for me.

(In the fanfic world, as a rhamphorhynchus) I see him as a potential friend, I see him and I getting along very well as friends and spending fun time together.

Now Sierra is the one i'd be scared to death of, and is the flyer that i'd be expected to get yelled by and be punched by, slapped/hit by, or snarled at, or threatened by.

I just.... I just see potential things in him that the typical average Rinkus watcher doesn't see. And he can be a nice, fun, kind, playful, neat friend in a fanfic (like in "Flyers")

He's not hatching a death plot here (nintendoofah's "flyers" drawing of him, me, and Luke, and i'm talking to him as happy as ever): http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/026...h64-d38409o.jpg

and guys, really really take a  look at this one Flipperboidskua did, me "feeling" the soft leaf bed, and look at Rinkus's smile.. (no death plotting going on in his head there. ;) ) :

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/248...kua-d3656o6.jpg

I'm sure Rinkus and I could be best friends. (I include "fanfic" Rinkus in my views of him.)  

That's my view of Rinkus, guys. You have the rights to your own opinions. (I understand the "bare-boned" cold-fire-only, fanfics-don't-count Rinkus..:( ) But for me... (I don't care if you may think i'm wrong)

I include Rinkus's "Flyers" behavior to me in my view of him, guys. (I don't limit him to his "cold fire" behavior alone)

I'm sure he'd be nice to me,... meeting a very shy, nervous rhamphorhynchus (me) who's new to the area..which is what he did (and it was exactly how i'd want him to treat me) in "Flyers of the Mysterious Beyond" (and after all, guys.. you can write a fanfic anyway that you want to.)

:( :( :( Please understand me and my personal view of Rinkus, guys. It's not limited only to "the stone of cold fire" for me personally.  I'd go ahead and give Rinkus a chance. I don't see him being a bad guy towards me at all. :( :( :(

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Jan 3 2013 on  06:47 PM
Very manipulative, but in a more suble way.

That's kind of my thoughts on him, Von^^
while I didn't perceive him as a bad guy, I also could see he wasn't a very nice guy, but then again, searching for PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWAH (Aladdin ref :p) can change people.
Same argument can be used for Strut. He was lazy, and at first, didn't want anything to do with eggs, or with getting revenge, but Ozzy's needling got to him, as well as the fact that Strut didn't want to be blamed for losing the egg, so he blamed it on the kids. Not that he hated them, but because he didn't want to be punished :p
Knowing Ozzy, I can't say I blame Strut^^

With Rinkus, he's kinda the same case as Strut - the henchman just sort of dragged into it, so they have to play the part, even if they don't want to.
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Do I look good as a rhamphorhynchus (in the middle, the tan one with the blue eyes) here, guys? :) :) what's your opinion, what do you think of me as a rhamphorhynchus? how do I look?:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/248...kua-d3656o6.jpg