The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask Mumbling

Mumbling · 333 · 32017

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If there was anywhere in the world you could go, Covid-secure of course, where would you go?

What would you do whilst you were out there?

What souvenirs would yuo bring back?
I'm afraid I'm going to have to skip this question for now as my mind is focusing too much one place right now, which would not necessarily be right to share  :p

What was your biggest disappointment, when you watched sequel of any movie, and you did not like the sequel?
LBT 14? But maybe I need to give it another shot. Did not enjoy when it came out.

What movie have you seen that's so bad you left the theatre or stopped watching altogether?
Never left the theatre. I SHOULD have stopped watching "Stasis" on Netflix, but it took me too long to realize that it sucked and then I decided to finish it anyway. So I guess, none? :D

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Have you watched Dink the little dinosaur?

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yep! Studied Latin for 3 years in junior high, sadly it wasn't possible for me to continue in high school since it wasn't offered. It was one of my favorite languages to learn. I've forgotten most of it by now.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
In the Netherlands can you buy both the English original and Dutch dubbed version of a movie/cartoon/TV show or just the Dutch dub of it?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Usually DVDs come with multiple audio tracks on it, so you can pick what language you would like to watch something in. Dubbing only happens for children's shows/movies, so generally we have to rely on subtitles.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
You asked me my favorite Trek series, so I'm curious what's yours :D

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on March 27, 2021, 04:36:18 PM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on March 27, 2021, 04:36:18 PM
You asked me my favorite Trek series, so I'm curious what's yours :D
Haha, very fair!

So unlike you I did watch all the series so far. I don't have any nostalgia towards any series as I only started watching everything a few years ago, starting with TNG, then TOS and then everything else, in order. Just missing a few of the movies since they are somehow not on Netflix? Anyway.

I think my favorite has to be DS9. It really grew on me over time. The characters are the most genuine I have seen on a Star Trek show and for some reason, even though most of the series takes place in the same location, the plot was extremely interesting. It was also the only show where an episode (S4E2) made me completely bawl my eyes out. It was a random episode, not part of the main plot, and completely caught me off guard haha.

However, that being said, I did enjoy the entire thing immensely. TOS is rather sexist in today's point of view, but it still holds up pretty well. Their love for exploration definitely shines through, and I can see why it inspired a whole generation of fans. TNG is good, great cast and stories. Voyager had a "meh' ending but the story itself is amazing, and Janeway is an awesome captain that I look up to. I was pleasantly surprised by Enterprise (except its theme song lol). Really upset that got cancelled right as it started getting good. Probably some of the most relatable characters on that show. And as for the newer shows (Discovery and Picard), they are aesthetically pleasing, but haven't really "caught" me yet. Hope they can turn that around.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you like the movie Shrek from 2001?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I do!

I also once made this giant Shrek out of wood for a weekend event with my girl scout team:

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I enjoyed it but it wasn't epic or anything when I first saw it age 4/5.

Ever been to either Amsterdam or The Hauge?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yes to both! My mother actually lives in Amsterdam, so I frequently go there. The Hague I've been to once to visit our parliament for a day.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's where that man poised himself for war crimes.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you eat cakes?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 11:55:05 PM by Enchanted-Valley96 »

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Have you ever seen the Australian animation Guess How Much I Love You?

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Which extinct animal would you want as pet, if possible?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Have you ever seen the Australian animation Guess How Much I Love You?
No

Which extinct animal would you want as pet, if possible?

Had to think about this for a while. I'm not much into petting animals in general, but I'd love to see a woolly mammoth! :D They just seem really impressive to me.

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
If you lived in Pokémon world, and would get starter Pokémon from any generation, what Pokémon would it be?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If you lived in Pokémon world, and would get starter Pokémon from any generation, what Pokémon would it be?

Charmander! Huggable, warm and always a light in the dark :D