The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

a Time of Tragedy

Nick22 · 405 · 41009

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm not sure how much sucess we'll have, but all right" Littlefoot replied. "Come on Rhette let'd find the Old One and talk to her...the least you can do is ask.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Well if not at least Rhett can take a little satisfaction in knowing that we tried to help him. That's what friends do they try and help each other out" Shorty said.

"Thanks guys it really means a lot to me but........... " Rhett started.

"But nothing Rhett come on you never know what could happen . Maybe the Old One will feel so bad for you that she'll let you stay with Ali. I know I would have let you stay if I were her. We're taking a shot and hoping for the best. Please RHett don't give up hope there's still hope. Stranger things have happened now come on"Shorty said nudging Rhett along and walking beside him to follow Littlefoot to find the Old One

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As the three of threm searched fr the Old One, search had come over to Ali, to take her to the nest of the first prospective family. Ali was quiet, as they went along, and there was little said between them as the Old One lead them towards the southwestern part of the Valley, where two adult longnecks stood , apparently waiting.
_
The larger of the two, which was the father, came up to them. "Hello, Old One"" he said formally. "I am Nitter, and my wife 's name is Anita You must be Ali.." He said looking at Ali, who tried to smile, but could muster only a faint grin. "We are profoundly sorry about your mother, rest assured we will do our best to help you through this very difficult time. "
Anita came up to them. She was brown-colored with a lighter shade underneath, her face was a kind face, and she was a creature who could make you feel at ease. Nitter was a darker shade of brown, with some yellow mixed in..he was a firm creature , but was good-natured at heart.
"We have six children, Ali... a pretty big family, but if all goes well, you'll fit right in with the others." Anita said.
_
The Old One nodded to Nitter , Anita and Ali, as six young longneck came up to them and lined up in a line. 'I'm leaving you now Ali, I will return at sundown to take you back to your nest., and prepare for the second family tommorow.." The Old One said. Ali nodded, and The Old One turned and began to walk away.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
At the sight of the Old one Rhett scaredly back pedeled and turned to walk away nervous about talking to her. "OH no you don't "Shorty said trying to stop Rhett. "This is your big opportunity RHett. " Shorty said. "That family has six kids if Ali joined there'd  be no chance for me to stay with them. "Rhett said. "Please, Rhett the worst that could happen is that she'd say no" Shorty said and turned to the Old One and gave a little smile and bowed his head in respect to her. He didn't really know how to phrase the question so he'd let Littlefoot give it a shot first.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Forgive me children, but I have business to attend to" the old One said, smiling fondly at them. "rhette has something to ask you.. its quite important' Littlefoot said.
The Old One paused. "Alright, Rhette, what is it you want of me?" She asked looking clearly at Rhette.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Rhette's eyes went wide and Rhett gulped he tried to make words come out but all that came out were small squeaks.

Shorty sighed. "You see Ms. Old One Mam Rhett was wondering if he could stay with Ali's family? Ali and her mom had been there for Rhett for a long time ever since Rhett was a little older then a baby. Rhett is deeply saddened about Anna's Death and he is deeply saddened about the chance of maybe never seeing Ali again. Please let Rhett stay here with Ali. Rhett doesn't really have anyone else that he can turn to and I don't want Rhett to be sad all the time. I know you don't normally do this but Ali is like family to Rhett can you please make an exception and let Rhett stay with Ali if Ali and the new family agrees to it? Please"? Shorty asked trying his best to help Rhett.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Old One shook her head. "Rhette, I can't do that, I'm sorry. By the the time Ali is with her new family, we will already be on our way out of the Valley. secondly, the herd is more able to care for you than we would be for Ali, and that is why her mother asked that she be placed in the valley. Anne's death has deeply impacted this herd, there is talk that we will not be coming back here once we leave.." The Old One paused.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 27 2007 on  03:07 PM
The Old One shook her head. "Rhette, I can't do that, I'm sorry. By the the time Ali is with her new family, we will already be on our way out of the Valley. secondly, the herd is more able to care for you than we would be for Ali, and that is why her mother asked that she be placed in the valley. Anne's death has deeply impacted this herd, there is talk that we will not be coming back here once we leave.." The Old One paused.
"Thanks anyway Shorty .  But like I said to Littlefoot before. Life as I know it is doomed. I'll never be able to see Ali again and wrose I'll never get to see any of you guys again. I might as well just give up now it's over. I'll see you later or on second thought I probably won't because of my herd. " Rhett said sadly turning away from Littlefoot and Shorty. Way Rhett saw it he had nothing. There were no other kids in the whole herd aside from Ali and now that she was gone Rhett was forced to leave any true friends behind and never see them again. Anna may have died but deep down it felt like Rhett died. If he couldn't stay with his friends what was the use in even trying to be happy? He knew he'd never be happy anywhere else.

"Rhett wait" Shorty called he wished he could do something. Why couldn't the Old one be more reasonable? He knew how upset Rhett was and he couldn't blame him. He really had no one to turn to at all now. But it seemed like the Old One didn't really care how Rhett felt about this. Shorty stared angrily at the Old One how could she not understand Rhett didn't want to stay with them? It took him so long to make friends with the others and now he had to do it all over again. Littlefoot's grandfather was extremely wise maybe he could try his best to run Rhett's problem by him. It couldn't hurt and if his grandfather had ideas on how Rhett could work through this maybe he could help Rhett feel better.

Shorty ran off to find Littlefoot's grandfather there wasn't a moment to spare.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I 'm not finished you two. Come back here" The old One said clearly, and the two of them stopped. "There is talk of us not coming back, but I will not hear of it. Anne's death was a tragedy, it could happen to anyone of us, such is the risks we take in being a migrating herd. I knew Rhette thatt you were close to Ali and her mother, I'm not blind. But since you are not a member of her family, I can't do anything for you. Ali has no immediate family left, only a handful of distant cousins. it is among those I'm sending her, to find a place she can belong..'
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Quote from: The Great Valley Guardian,Aug 22 2007 on  09:48 PM
Longtail had been walking for a few minutes, and then started to whine as he said "I can't see a thing, I'll see if I can find Ali from the air." Longtail then spread his wings and jumped into the air, using his keen eyes to search for his friend...
'Yes!' Longtail looked down to the others still walking and cried out "I've found her, come on lets go say hello!" He then procceded to dive out of the sky twoards Ali's current nesting place, spreading his wings just enough to slow his rapid decent and land on the ground....

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(OOC: Ali has already left her nesting place, she's with the first prospective family, just for clarification GVG)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 28 2007 on  10:22 AM
"I 'm not finished you two. Come back here" The old One said clearly, and the two of them stopped. "There is talk of us not coming back, but I will not hear of it. Anne's death was a tragedy, it could happen to anyone of us, such is the risks we take in being a migrating herd. I knew Rhette thatt you were close to Ali and her mother, I'm not blind. But since you are not a member of her family, I can't do anything for you. Ali has no immediate family left, only a handful of distant cousins. it is among those I'm sending her, to find a place she can belong..'
"Ya see Rhett it's not so bad. You and the Old One's herd will be back. And besides we'll come for a visit." Shorty said.

"I don't think that's possible Shorty we're a migrating herd in other words we don't stay in one place for very long. In other words you might be traveling for days and still not be able to find us. " Rhett said sadly.

"Oh right" Shorty said disheartedly.

"Why couldn't I have been Ali's brother?" He angrily said to himself.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 28 2007 on  02:22 PM
(OOC: Ali has already left her nesting place, she's with the first prospective family, just for clarification GVG)
OOC: Thanks for that, I've been away for five days...^^;

Longtail landed in a nearby tree, and asked the others....."Well what do we do now?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"If you were Rhette, then you wouldn't feeel the same way about her"the Old One said sagely, and Rhette stiffened. "I'm been around a long time Rheette, and I can tell what someone is feeling by looking at them."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 29 2007 on  11:33 AM
"If you were Rhette, then you wouldn't feeel the same way about her"the Old One said sagely, and Rhette stiffened. "I'm been around a long time Rheette, and I can tell what someone is feeling by looking at them."
Rhette hadn't really thought about that. He was just so worried about this. He felt the same way about Ali and probably always will. But since they'd be traveling for so long Rhette knew he really had no chance to be with Ali . She'd end up marrying Littlefoot or something. He knew that it would never work out between him and her now.

"How could you tell something like that just by being older? "Rhette asked almost thinking The Old One was a mind reader.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I'm a good judge of feelings, this is a very sad time for all of us, so you are naturally very sad, Rhette. There is nothing you could have done had you been there, those fast biters could easily have killed you as well. And we wouldn't want that Rhette. " The Old One sighed. "You have a crush on Ali, don't you?' She smiled faintly.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 30 2007 on  02:14 PM
"I'm a good judge of feelings, this is a very sad time for all of us, so you are naturally very sad, Rhette. There is nothing you could have done had you been there, those fast biters could easily have killed you as well. And we wouldn't want that Rhette. " The Old One sighed. "You have a crush on Ali, don't you?' She smiled faintly.
Most of the time he would have probaly shook his head with a loud lying "No, of course not" But, this time he nodded his head kinda embarassed. "Yeah, I really do love her. That's why I lied to her so often I wanted to impress her. But I know things would never work out especially not now. I have got no chance whatsoever now of ever being more then a friend" RHett said sadly.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"You don't know that Rhette, you can't know that for sure. ' The Old One replied. "Friendship is all you need at this point, young one, Love comes later, much later. lying to her was not a good thing, Ali believed what you said, and since your 'stories; were proven false,it is only natural that she will look at you skeptically. rhette, the only way that you could stay here in the Valley with Ali is if the family that adopts her asks me for that permission to let you stay with them. without that, I can't let you stay. " the statement caught Rhette by surprise, there was a chance , granted a slim one, of staying in the valley after all.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Sep 2 2007 on  12:30 PM
"You don't know that Rhette, you can't know that for sure. ' The Old One replied. "Friendship is all you need at this point, young one, Love comes later, much later. lying to her was not a good thing, Ali believed what you said, and since your 'stories; were proven false,it is only natural that she will look at you skeptically. rhette, the only way that you could stay here in the Valley with Ali is if the family that adopts her asks me for that permission to let you stay with them. without that, I can't let you stay. " the statement caught Rhette by surprise, there was a chance , granted a slim one, of staying in the valley after all.
"I hope that her family let's me Great One. I know I screwed up big time. I shouldn't have done what I did. Staying here is the only way I can gain Ali's trust back. Staying with her is the only way I can show her how extremely sorry I am. Staying here is the only way I can prove myself to her. I have really changed since then Old One trust me. I just feel that staying here with Ali is the only way I could prove to her that I'm not gonna be a stupid fibbing fool. I want Ali to be my friend first and in order to do that I need to show her the real me. That I'm a much better guy now. There's no way I can prove that if we leave"RHett said.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"time is short then, rhette. You are going to have to do this at night, after Ali leaves her host family of that day. Because the families have asked that they have privacy when having Ali visit, ii don't want you or the others bothering her." The Old One said sternly.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: