The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ali is back!!! I thought this day would never come

Noname · 79 · 14092

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
She's back! I saw it on wikipedia!!!! I really hope it's right!! This is shaping up to be a great series! They haven't forgotton the early episodes! We've waited 11 years for this day!!! I can hardly wait for the seventh episode to be posted (actually I can wait, but am
excited anyway.)

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Woah
I hope this is right. Who the hell is Red?! I just hope this side-plot doesn't shadow Ali's return.
I would've prefered if she had returned in a film, oh well, one can't have everything.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
He's right!!
I'll post it up as soon as the episode is uploaded!
They gave her an....interesting...voice though.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
yay! to bad I'll have to wait till the series is put on DVD.
Wrong!  Here's the link to the episode:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...21F37601988414E

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, Ali's return was a bit anticlimactic. :(
The sidestory wasn't particularily interesting, and it really overshown Ali's return to the Great Valley.  

Ali also seems Very different now, as to be expected, I suppose.  She's actually difficult to judge in episode 7 since she is seen and heard from so rarely in this episode...
For the first Ali show in over 10 years, she sure didn't make much of an appearance. :cry

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I suppose it is; still this episode accomplishes quite a bit:

-It reintroduces Ali (obviously)

-It introduces Red (who may or may not be seen again in certain episodes )

-It reintroduces the Old One (who never had much of a character in the first place)

-Most importantly, it does NOT have Ali leave the valley at the end, even though this is a possibility. It's also possible that this episode was created in order to make good on the promise at the end of the fourth movie, which has now been fulfilled. Still, if this episode was going to be the ONLY one with Ali in it, they probably woulden't have introduced a friend of her's (Red); why go to the trouble of making a whole character if he's only going to be use in a single tv episode? Was it just me, or does Red remind one of Shorty?

-Finally, we now have, by the end of this episode, Littlefoot, Cera, Spike, Ducky, Petrie, Chomper, Ruby, Ali, and Red in the valley together. That's more than we've ever had at once. Of course, it is possible that Ali won't appear again (I hope that this isn't the case; her herd is or was migratory, you know), and probable that she won't be back for at least a few episodes even if she is back.

I was surprised by the lack of Littlefoot's grandparents, or the appearance of any of the parents. Still, this was a good episode, but not the overwhelming spectacle that we had been secretly anticipating all these years.

EDIT: This episode marks the third important non-main character (not including the parents/grandparents) to return from the movies; Chomper returned in the first episode and became a main character, Tria probably came in the second episode (with Tricia), and now Ali is back, but for how long, and how often will she be seen? Was it only for this episode? Will Red also return?; it doesn't matter too much if he does, in my opinion.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
I hope Ali won't stay there forever - I doubt her herd is going to let her stay in the Great Valley. Red didn't interest me too much - he was a one-demensional character...and I also didn't like the voice they gave Ali. I was expecting something similiar to what she sounded like in LBT4. I noticed that her eyes were a LOT brighter, too. I'm still waiting for the writers to step out of the box and create a Pachycephalosaurus-like visitor, that meaning aggressive, surly, and a dino that won't solve all its problems in a single epi...a neat idea came into my head just now. What about a dumb (here meaning unable to talk) dinosaur? That would be quite interesting.

Ryuukokoro

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ratiasu,Feb 9 2007 on  08:49 PM
What about a dumb (here meaning unable to talk) dinosaur? That would be quite interesting.
And... who is Spike again?  :lol:

This was an awesome episode! I don't think it was too anticlimatic for an Ali reappearance. Yes now that you mention it, she didn't get too much screentime, but hopefully she will appear in a couple more episodes to flesh out her character a bit.

I really LOVE Red (I guess if we're going by his Wikipedia name...? I don't know why you would call him Red, though, he's not red at all. I thought they were saying Ret). I loved Shorty too. The know-it-all little boy characters always amust me. Hee hee. Like that bully deer in Bambi II, he's so cute!!  :lol

The scenes with Chomper running from the longnecks was quite exhilerating!! When he said "Please don't hurt me" I was all "Awwwwwww!!"

And we get to learn where Chomper and Ruby live! In the 'secret caves'! This implies that they DO hide from the adults of the Great Valley. (Why else would they call it a secret?) Man, when Chomper said it was a 'long story' I soooo wished I had seen eps 1 and 2!!

But...I MUST address one thing that has been getting to me since episode three. Does anyone else notice...that Chomper has...erm....boobs?  :blink:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Yes I noticed that.

I don't think what they did to Ali in the episode was a big deal. It could have been worse, in my opinion.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ryuukokoro,Feb 9 2007 on  09:16 PM
Quote from: Ratiasu,Feb 9 2007 on  08:49 PM
What about a dumb (here meaning unable to talk) dinosaur? That would be quite interesting.
And... who is Spike again?  :lol:
I mean someone who isn't a main character. As for Chomper's chest, he doesn't have breasts - they're just defining his chest muscles a bit. Well. What little he has. I also wished that Chomper actually growled and didn't keep on making human-imitating-animal-growls noises. I mean, they're fine, but I just wish he would go "GGRRRRR" like an actual animal instead of "GggRRRRR" like a kid pretending to be a lion or something.

Ryuukokoro

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ratiasu,Feb 9 2007 on  09:48 PM
As for Chomper's chest, he doesn't have breasts - they're just defining his chest muscles a bit. Well. What little he has.
LOL. Yeah, I know. Defining a little TOO much is what I meant. I mean, if they want to make him muscular they could give his arms more than 3 inches of thickness and cut back on the man-boobs!  :lol

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Did anyone expect Ali's herd to go on a rampage? Surely, they coulden't have thought that Chomper was a lethal threat. Still, a migrating herd that has seen many dangers would be likely to develop paranoia... I wonder how Bron's herd would react? Now that we see that it is perfectly feasable for an old guest character like Ali to return, the possibility of other characters returning is wide open. If Ali could come back, it seems that just about anyone can.

As for the... chest comments that you are making, you should know that that's probably more accurate to show; theropod dinosaurs are the direct ancestors of birds, and in many birds, up to 2/5ths of the muscle mass may be in the chest area. In modern birds, this helps them to flap their wings. That said, there was one slightly disconcerting shot...
Still, it doesn't matter too much.

EDIT: See this site for information about bird muscles: http://www.paulnoll.com/Oregon/Birds/Avian-Muscle.html

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I happen to be a fan of Ali's, so when DarkHououmon told me I was extremly happy to hear. The reunion between them could have been a bit better, but I am glad Ali has returned. I hopes she sticks around for the next episode, and the one after that, and the one after that one, and one after that one, and that one after that one, and...that...one...(faints) XD

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I hope they listen to you KingdomKey =P
I was afraid this could happen, that's why I prefered if her return happened in a film instead of an episode from the series. I really hated this Red (or Ret, or whatever) character. I did find Littlefoot and Cera's jeoulosy quite cute :D
But this episode was more centered on Ret and Chomper, than Ali or anyone else, since she didn't leave she'll probably stick around for a while. Did you noticed that the Old One changed color? Where's Ali's mom? The members of the herd also changed color, and looks, they're all grey and pinkish and don't look at all like Grandma and Grandpa, like they did in LBT 4. Ali herself is a bit weird as well. After 11 years, I'm just glad that she's back, however this wasn't the great adventure that I imagined after the LBT 4's ending anouncement.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
After a total of 8 sequals and 6 TV episodes, Ali finally returns.  However, it's a bit of a disappointment.  I really wish it was more centered around Ali.  I didn't like the plot all that much, but I did enjoy Ret being around. (Yes, that is his real name.  NOT Red.  Though to be honest, I can see how anyone can make that mistake.) Ret is an interesting charcter and definately reminds me of Shorty.

Now, I expected more from this episode, but I hope Ali sticks around for at least a few more episodes.

There was one other thing that kind of bothered me.  Ali giving into being friends with Chomper so quickly.  Why?  Well think about it for a second with Ali's relationship with other sharpteeth, and I'm sure you'll understand.  The fact that she is food to sharpteeth, would make it difficult for her to have even the slightest friendship with a sharptooth, even a friendly one like Chomper.  I was expecting it to start with Ali feeling uneasy about such a thing, and it growing on her.  Then again, she probably feels safe with her friends and her herd being around, so maybe we'll get a nice little scene where Ali discusses how she feels about Chomper.

The reintroduction of two songs, "Friends for Dinner" from LBT 5 and "It's not Fair" (Yes, that's the official name now, action9000, so go ahead and change what I called "Cera's Song" to "It's not Fair".) from Episode 5 was nice.  The possibility of more reintroductions of songs is definately looking up.  There may even be a possibility of the classic and popular "If we Hold on Together" being sang by the group.  I, for one, can easily imagine the group singing such a beautiful song.  Though I hope they don't do anything to it and keep it as is.  That goes the same with several others when and if they make a reappearance.

I won't be working on the lyrics to the songs until tomorrow.  On Saturdays, I don't get much time to work on stuff like that.  So don't expect them to be given to you until then, action9000, but definately change the one I called "Cera's Song" to "It's not Fair", okay? :)

Well, gotta go now.  See ya later. :^.^:

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I think that Ali's readjustment to Chomper would be a long subject more suited for a sequel than a 22 min TV episode.
There are many stories to be told about Ali, and all this time she wasn't around, let's see what they do about that.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
On closer listening, one realizes that "Red" is actually named Rhet, which, in the abscene of closed captionaing, could also be spelled Ret, or, the name newly used on wikipedia,
Rhette.

Ryuukokoro

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Noname,Feb 10 2007 on  11:29 AM
On closer listening, one realizes that "Red" is actually named Rhet, which, in the abscene of closed captionaing, could also be spelled Ret, or, the name newly used on wikipedia,
Rhette.
Oooo, he's french!  B)

Ryuukokoro

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Noname,Feb 9 2007 on  10:26 PM
Did anyone expect Ali's herd to go on a rampage? Surely, they coulden't have thought that Chomper was a lethal threat. Still, a migrating herd that has seen many dangers would be likely to develop paranoia...
Yes, I seem to recall that particular herd being a little too paranoid, mostly influenced by the Old One. Like in the movie when they refused to help Littlefoot's grandfather. It does seem in character that they would overreact to a baby sharptooth.

Poor Chomper! When they had him cornered against the stone wall I thought they were going to eat him.  :blink: