The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Saw VI - True Jigsaw Accomplice Theory Discussion

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
This may be confusing if you have not seen all of the Saw movies.

As Saw VI comes closer and closer, a thought dawned upon me until I realized it now. At the end of Saw IV, it is revealed that Hoffman is Jigsaw's new accomplice as he is listening to a tape recorded for him at John's autopsy. However, right before the movie ends, Jigsaw mentions that Hoffman will be tested like everybody else. This brings us to the main question at hand:

Who is most likely going to test Hoffman? Who is Jigsaw's true accomplice?

This probably will not be revealed until Saw VII because the cast for Saw VI has already been announced, but either way it's still something to think about. Well there are many ideas as to who the person to test Hoffman is, therefor making them the true accomplice to Jigsaw. There are five main ideas that have been brought up:

Jill Tuck - Jill Tuck is John's ex-wife, so a lot of people believe that she will be the one to test Hoffman, making her the true accomplice to Jigsaw. While that is possible, it is very unlikely as well. If you notice in Saw IV and V, Jill is pretty much made the prime suspect to become the new accomplice. To reveal her as the official apprentice after the finger has been pointed at her for two movies straight would be entirely anticlimactic, and since the Saw series is well known for it's amazing twists at the end, this would be too predictable. It's almost as if the producers want everyone to believe Jill is the accomplice just to throw us off in the end. I personally hope it's not Jill Tuck who tests Hoffam, and I hope she is not the true accomplice.

Minor Character - Some people have thrown in the idea that a minor character will come out of nowhere and be the accomplice. These minor characters include Daniel, Eric Matthews son because he survived the game in Saw II, Brit and Mallick because they survived the game in Saw V, and Detective Fisk because he appeared briefly in Saw V and has not been developed yet. In my opinion, making a minor character all of a sudden become the accomplice to Jigsaw is so ridiculous. None of them have any reason to want to join Jigsaw in the first place, and it above all is just nonsense. I strongly believe a minor character will not test Hoffman and be the true accomplice.

New Character - There is the idea that a brand new character will be shown in Saw VI and will become the one to test Hoffman. This makes no sense whatsoever because the producers could grab just about any random actor, give him some backstory, and turn him/her into the accomplice. Who would want to see Miley Cyrus as an apprentice serial killer? Not me!

Dead Character - Some people are crazy enough to actually believe that a previously dead character like Amanda, Strahm, or even Jigsaw for that matter, will come back to life by some random means and be the accomplice. That's just a load of nonsense! Saw is not a paranormal movie series, so adding something like that is just stupid. Besides, it's better that somebody else is carrying out John's work while he's dead.

So what's the fifth choice? Who is most likely the one to test Hoffman and turn out to be Jigsaw's apprentice from the beginning? Well to answer that we must answer this question first. Who is the only other main character in the Saw series that we have no proof that he is dead? Who is the only character that the police have not found a body for? That my friends is none other than Dr. Lawrence Gordon

Well this post is getting way too long so I'm going to end it here, but in my opinion, Lawrence Gordon is the perfect candidate to be Jigsaw's actual accomplice and the one to test Hoffman in the end. There is much evidence to prove this theory and I will gladly post it, just not right now.

So what do you guys think? Is it Jill, some random character, or Lawrence?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm...interesting.  I never did think about Dr. Lawrence Gordon as being a Jigsaw accomplice.  Ya might be onto somethin'.  I really do doubt it's Jill Tuck.  That'd be too easy :rolleyes:.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Here's my theories about whoever Jigsaw's accomplice might be:

I doubt it will be Jill, though it's just because I think that would be too obvious.  Even if she is the one who tests Hoffman, I doubt think she'll keep making traps.

As for the possibility of the accomplice being a new character, I also doubt that. However, me and other Saw fans suspect the new character of William to be John's brother.

Any who, I have prime suspects if Hoffman is not Jigsaw's accomplice:

1. Brit. I've ruled out Mallick as dead, based on that shot we got of his arm.  The thing that struck her as suspicious to me is how she quickly figured out how the final trap in the 5-Become-1 game worked. And, it was clear she, er.... "donated" less blood for the last trap, maybe she had more to do after that game.

And my other top suspect:

2. Dr. Hefner. The coroner who examined John's body in Saw IV. I began to get suspicious of him when the writers revealed he would be returning in Part 6. Thinking back to before Saw IV came out, I was wondering why they would bring Hoffman back after being only in one scene in Saw III, unless he was going to have a bigger role in the plot. Also, he had to be present when Hoffman played the autopsy tape, I'm sure that even if he isn't the accomplice, he's going to have a much bigger role this time around.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Those are interesting ideas you have there, but there is one main reason why those two characters would be a little too farfetched. Like I said, making a new character the accomplice, especially one with so little screen time, would kind of really be ridiculous. Technically Mallick didn't die at the end of Saw V, he just went unconscious. Brit might have been just really smart to figure it out. Also, Jigsaw kind of made it obvious that they were supposed to work together, at least in my opinion.

Anyway, here is my evidence to prove that Dr. Lawrence Gordon is still alive and could be the one to test Hoffman. This is organized in order by movie:

Saw 1. Jigsaw despises murder, so it would make no sense that he would slit Detective Tabb's throat, which would most likely kill him.

Lawrence immediately recognized the brand new clock, whereas Adam completely disregarded it as important.

Jigsaw was conscious during the bathroom scene, meaning he was the one to electrocute the chains. Lawrence most likely pulled Adam's fake death scheme to show that the rules had to be followed in order to survive the game

Jigsaw made it clear that he would leave Lawrence to rot at 6:00. Jigsaw didn't get up to leave until AFTER Lawrence crawled out of the room. Jigsaw had plenty of time to leave both of them to die

Jigsaw more than likely passed Lawrence in the hallway since Lawrence only had one foot. Jigsaw could easily pick and carry Lawrence up and save him.

Saw 2. In the very beginning, the tape shows a cloaked figure limping over Michael's body. Jigsaw was not limping out of the bathroom, so it could indicate that it is Lawrence because he only has one foot.

The very first trap, the Venus Fly Trap, required Michael to cut his eye out. Jigsaw is not a surgeon at all, so he would not have come up with something like that.

This is the big one. Amanda's Needle Pit was full of used drug needles. Jigsaw must have a contact who has access to such needles. Lawrence is the prime candidate.

Amanda and Daniel end up venturing into the bathroom from the first movie. Lawrence could have led them there to help them understand their game a little more.

I'll post the other three movies later, but there's something to get us thinking.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have the Saw IV DVD, and Darren Lynn Bousman said on the commentary that they are just going to leave Dr. Gordon's fate up in the air, as on ongoing mystery for the fans, that's why I doubt Dr. Gordon will be the accomplice.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I remember that, but considering that Saw VI and Saw VII are being made by new staff that was involved with the previous movies, perhaps they might bring him back? That would be the best twist.

Anyway, some more clues from Saw 1 and 2:

Daniel and Amanda run through the hallway before entering the bathroom. Notice there is no sign of Dr. Gordon's body there, so he must have gotten out of the hallway.

Xavier had to cut a patch of skin off his neck in order to have the final number for the safe. Dr. Gordon probably could have planned this since he would know how much blood someone can shed without bleeding to death.

This could have been coincidence, but when Gordon explains that he is never in any of the family photos because he is usually the one who takes them, Adam finds the picture of Allison and Diana held hostage.

Jigsaw would have no idea how the nerve gas affects the human body. Dr. Gordon could have provided him with that information.

How did Jigsaw acquire all the medicine and heart rate monitor in Saw 2? Dr. Gordon could have supplied him with all of that.