The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Playstation 5 Reveal

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's finally time.  PlayStation 5 is finally being revealed.  Here's the video.  WARNING!!  2 Hours Long!

Note: Skip to 59:17.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuLci-lSeCo[/youtube]

I'll come back when I'm finally done with this.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 06:04:00 PM by pokeplayer984 »

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here's a picture of the new system.

From left to right:

Controller, PS5, PS5 All Digital Edition, Headphones, Remote Controller, Controllers in Recharge Station, HD Camera

Wow!  They're really going all out with this two-toned look.  It's kind of grown on me if I'm being honest.  We'll see how things go.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sony, all you had to do was give me a game I was interested in and I would likely buy it.  You grabbed my attention with the new Spider-Man game.  If you can capitalize on that, you can expect this to be my Christmas present this year.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I am so friggin' stoked for Horizon II Forbidden West! Horizon: Zero Dawn is one of my favorite games on the PS4. The sequel looks like it's going to be amazing! I am definitely going to get a PS5 in the future for that game alone. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart will also be fun to play with the kids. They loved the reimagining of the first game. I still haven't gotten around to playing Spider Man and with The Last of Us Part II coming out next Friday, it'll have to wait a little longer. I am very excited for the next gen of gaming!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
a new Ratchet and Clank game? shut up and take my wallet!
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not sure I'm sold on the design, but some of the games looked promising. Spider-Man on the PS4 was good so that might be something to keep an eye on.

I also noticed that the controller looks to have motion control so they might be jumping on the gyro aiming like Nintendo has done since the 3DS (which I'm personally a fan of so that's cool, though might make the controllers expensive like for the Switch haha)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm personally not a fan of the two-tone color design, but otherwise it looks fine. Curious to see the different specs and price difference between the digital and normal version.

Sadly none of the games shown really piqued my interest. The Spider-Man game should be good though.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
It was an interesting showcase for sure and I like the design as well as the library of games intended for it. A good show to be sure.

But I doubt I will be snagging one just yet because there is so much more I wish to play and enjoy with my current generation consoles before leaping blindly at a new iteration. Let's face it, a lot of gen 1 consoles always have teething problems and by the time you've bought into it, they are already working on version 2 which is the "we've learned from our previous mistakes" model whereby storage space is larger, graphical tweaking and performance improves and that one grand idea that wasn't at day one release suddenly pops up.

I will probably land me a PS5 some time in the future but I'm just gonna sit this one back a while.