The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Nintendo Wii

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just recently heard that their changing the name of the "Nintendo Revolution" to "Nintendo Wii" (Pronouced "We"). Nintendo Revolution has never really been on my want list (So far all I've heard about it was that you can download old games and play them on it O.o) but anyway...

Now I know Nintendo Revolution isn't the most creative name, but come on, Wii? Just the 2 words themselves sound utterly retarded together and (Like many others have said) there will be plently of jokes about it :lol: Like Here and Here :rolleyes:

Here's the remote...

Well I suppose the whole childish concept of it isn't too bad and the name has some meaning to it, but the phrase "Nintendo Wii" just doesn't seem right if you say it together and just sounds dumb :lol

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
HAHAHAHA sorry its kind of cute and at the same time wierd realy. I think I might of seen this at wal-mart?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Sounds like an old April Fools joke.  :lol:  No...it's still going to be Revolution to my knowledge. :)

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Heh, really? I was starting to think that but I've seen it in more than one places so I was kind of starting to believe it.

It does sound rather April Foolsy now that I think about it :lol

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I dunno...the new Nintendo console doesnt sound as bad as people make it out to be. The name "Wii" is actually a japanese word which means "together" if I remember rightly. I'll admit, the name does sound a little corny and much hasn't been revealed about it's capabilities but Nintendo have always been the one who bring out the more innovative designs and concepts. They may not exactly be the best sellers but I like them for what they produce. The DS's duel screens work out well (depending on the game), the Gamecube's controllers, I think, are the most comfortable to whole out of the current battling consoles and well, the N64 trident shaped controllers were definitely the weirdest but they worked perfectly for the games that were out for them.

As with everything else, I'm remaining patiently optimistic about the Wii (despite it's name) :P:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Actually, I'll take back what I said earlier....its new name is going to be Wii after all.  :P:

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
I just want an Xbox 360 so I can play Halo 1 in better graphics and Halo 2.  And then Halo 3 when it comes out next year.