The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Problems that could hurt the Vita

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
*Note: I'm not trying to bash the Vita, I'm just pointing something out.*

I've found out that the PSVita uses an OLED screen and two disadvantages that could hurt the systems sales.

Burn-in - Objects that are always shown on-screen such as health meters, ammo count, and maps could get burned into the screen.

Outdoor performance - OLED screens perform very poorly outdoors, so that could be a problem when you want to play it outside :confused .

So what are your thoughts on that?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That is true witrh the whole image burning thing.  Happens to LCD TVs too if a game is paused for a while, it could easily burn the image into the screen itself.  But....still not stopping me from getting a PS Vita, I still want one, so yeah XD

I might not play it so much as outdoors really though, I'd probabally just want to play it in my room, or if I have a job, on my breaks at my job or whichever.  Playing outside would be tough for me as if I'm concentrating on the Vita while walking, I may not see where I'm going ot anything like that.  But it's still good to know regardless.