The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Games you would've liked to see get ported...

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Inspired by a moment from the AVGN's Godzilla game review where a Godzilla tournament fighter game for the SNES looked interesting to him, but it ended up not going to the US, and remained only in Japan. Basically, are there any games that looked good/interesting to you, but they never got exported to your country?

I have two cases: 1. Choro Q HG3 (Or, as it's English title would've been, Road Trip Adventure Avenue.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadget_Racers...2_video_game%29 I owned the original Road Trip (Or, in the US's case, in Japan Road Trip was the 2nd of it's series, Choro Q HG2.) I had a similar thing happen to me like AVGN with the Godzilla fighter: The Playstation magazine I bought said the game would have an American release in May 2003, but it never got ported. Thanks to youtube, several years later I could finally see what the game would've been like, and IMO it looked great. It's kind of bittersweet to me..

And my 2nd case: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klonoa_Heroes...u_no_Star_Medal  I would've liked to seen this game in America, because I like both RPGs and Klonoa, so the mixture would've been neet to play.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I would like more Monster Hunter titles released in North America, i bought the one on wii and got addicted to it (played about 120 hours on it). So i hope more future releases are localized to North America.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I would sure like to see the one Castlevania Arcade game get ported to the Wii or at least be released in american arcades.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I'd like it if they released more Tales of games in the U.S. I've played and beaten every single Tales game in the U.S and I've been hoping for a new one someday.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Saw: The Video Game.  It was suppose to be released over here in New Zealand, but for some stupid reason, it never did see the light of day over here....no word on why or anything like that.  The website I buy off at times, they just stopped listing it and never had an explanation on why themselves.

So yes, that's one game I wish would be released over here in little New Zealand.....

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Fatal Frame IV.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Earthbound. The Ninty RPG hit Japan and the US but never made it over to Europe. It's the game that features Ness and Lucas (for those who have seen their incarnations in Smash Bros Brawl). A bit past its day but would still love to see it in action and play it first hand

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Aug 18 2010 on  04:30 AM
Earthbound. The Ninty RPG hit Japan and the US but never made it over to Europe. It's the game that features Ness and Lucas (for those who have seen their incarnations in Smash Bros Brawl). A bit past its day but would still love to see it in action and play it first hand
Darn straight!  I want that one to appear so badly!  Let's hope for a VC release.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm waiting for them to port Oblivion to MSdos. Also, Crysis to the sega genesis.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Campion1,Aug 18 2010 on  10:11 AM
I'm waiting for them to port Oblivion to MSdos. Also, Crysis to the sega genesis.
Nobody makes anything that runs on MSdos anymore so don't get your hopes up.  

I'd like to see Ace Combat X ported to the PS2 but I know that will never happen.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I would like to see Devil May Cry ported to the Atari 2600 and NES, I wonder what that would be like  :lol

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'd like to see the Super famicom game "Mario and Wario" ported to the Wii virtual console. :yes

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Campion1,Aug 18 2010 on  10:11 PM
I lol'd. :lol

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Campion1,Aug 18 2010 on  10:11 AM
I think the machines would explode if ever a port was made! LOL! Would love to see Crysis on an old school console :lol Wonder how that'll turn out :p

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Honestly?  The other Gundam Games.  Huge hits in Japan, would love to see them here.  Especially the arcade ones.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
When Dragonball Z Budokai 3 first came out, I was really hoping they would port it to the Gamecube like they did with the first two games. Unfortunately, it remained a PS2 exclusive as far as I know. It is easily the best Dragonball Z game ever made period.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, adding to this thread
(Holy Necroposting)
All of the Final Mix versions of Kingdom Hearts.  Finally got to try the 2nd one, and it was A-FREAKING-MAZING.
Also, Tales of the World 2 and 3.  The first one was good, but the other two are supposed to be like a hundred times better.  
DO WANT

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Seiken Densetsu III.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf