The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Who wants to see an uncliched dinosaur movie?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
The concept of the leaf-eaters being "the good guys" and the meat-eaters being "the bad guys" is a very stupid cliche, as meat-eaters cant help their diet.

I'd like to see a dinosaur movie with the predators in the spotlight. Who's with me?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Like walking with dinosaurs? That's been done.. they don't take sides they just show what it could've been. I don't think that something like the LBT but with meat eatters would catch on.. since kids would probably start crying everytime "Littleteeth" (=p) ate some leaf-eater..
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I mean like "Raptor Red", a best-selling novel about a predator.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
The book Jrassic park. It far better then the tv film of it. ON the book the little girl the one that don't eat meat take a raptor in as a hatchling. can't remember much about it but that part really stick in my mind since the raptor shows the location the nest on the island and the US airstrike it killing all the raptors in that area.

-Threehorn

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, "Raptor Red" is actually a book that told froma raptor's point of view in the Jurassic Period.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Someday I will read Raptor Red.... ;)  I've wanted to for some reason (even though the carnivorous dinos aren't really much of an interest to me).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't know why, but I'm not fascinated in raptors any more than in any other kind of dinosaur. Especially since Jurrassic Park most people seem to be especially fascinated with raptors. Probably its the same fascination that would make a cheetah more interesting to most of us than, say a hyenah. (sorry for the wrong spelling).

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Speaking of Jurrassic Park, they are making a third sequel to it. Yes, there will be a Jurrasic Park 4. :rolleyes:
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know. It should be good if it an even be as good as "Jurassic Park 3", which was much, MUCH better than #2. I'm a "Jurassic Park" fan, if you haven't noticed.  :D

Well, my point was is that leaf-eating dinos have had enough attention. I'd like to see a different kind of dinosaur movie. Told from a different point of view. That's all.

Carnivores have actually always been my favorite kind of animal, so don't be surprised that I'd want to see a dinosaur movie like that.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
^ I really thought the third one was horrible...too much action and killing...why not investigate more about the mystery of InGen while they were at the compound?  :unsure:   That would've made for a stronger plotline.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Whatever. I don't know why they didn't. All I do know is that it was good enough to suit my tastes. Well, if you don't want to see #4, don't, is all I can tell you.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I never saw the second Jurassic Park movie. I liked those which I saw, but they didn't enthuse me as much as many other movies. I can't pinpoint what it is that makes me not like them that much.
There is good music, the dinosaurs look great, usually they do tell a story...
Still it is more action than story, but I can't say for sure why I'm not a great fan of Jurassic Park.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I thought Jurassic Park was a wicked film! The music was outstanding as well! True it relies more on action than a plot but I guess that's why I liked it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
#3 was not as good as #2. Why bring back Sam Neill when he didn't even appear in #2? It made for some akward dialogue , that's for sure. I saw it, and it was mostly action, it didn't have the FEEL of the first film, or even the second film at its best moments.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, cool, but JP#3 is still my second favorite. Sam Neill is needed, or else it can't be a good "Jurassic Park" movie, as I have no love for #2.

Anyway, getting back on topic, another reason I want to see a theatrically released movie told from a predator's point of view, is because I'm tired of cute and cuddly leaf eating dinosaurs. I think its time the predatory dinos had their moment of being the leading characters. I know none of you agree in the slightest, but that's what I think.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, I think that's because people identify with cute leafeaters better than T-rexs.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
But if they gave it a shot, people could and would relate to carnivorous dinosaurs just as well. The predators can't help their dietary needs, you know.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Very true.  But the last time a meateater was a protagonist was in "We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story, which was basically a LBT rip-off sent into modern-times.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Universal is not going to make LBT a JP for kids....at least I hope not.  :unsure:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Actually, Nick, "We're Back" ws based off of a book that was written some years earlier.

Fine, Arvens, whatever, but let I ask you one thing. Do you have any pets with sharp teeth? If you do, do you love that pet any less because of its dietary needs? I think not. So, what's the difference with meat eating dinosaurs? The idea has potential and I will never be dissuaded from it.

I would like to see a movie told from a predator's eyes and have it take place back in the jurassic period.

No offense to anyone. I do realize that my typing style was intense for that last post.