The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

There went a page out of our history here

Petrie · 11 · 1784

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Not many of you will likely know this save Malte and Littlefoot1616 since we were in this together, but we weren't always here.  The Gang of Five was originally at http://p072.ezboard.com/bgangoffive and their whole network of boards was attacked (that's what they said) recently.

Our entire archive (I guess you can say history) outside of this board has been wiped out.  :cry2  I don't think anyone here ever visited it to see the old topics (I did try to bring some over to spark new interest) but it's another LBT board that has truly bit the dust now.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I noticed on my way here.  ezboard was hacked and hundreds of other boards (including another one I joined) were hit.  ezboard's trying to fix the problem now.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm very happy to say that apparently they succeded. I can read the messages in the old GOF without any trouble.  :yes
This is quite a relief for me for I have an almost exaggerated archivist's mind (there is hardly a mail I ever sent which I haven't saved). The old GOF lives.
Littlefoot-1616, you, and I were not the only ones at the old GOF by the way. Though we were (along with New Order) the most frequent posters others who are now here were there too. Weird Raptor for example and Jojo.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
On second look it appears that some messages ARE gone. Luckily it is not the most important ones. The Party room seems to be almost emptied (but who reads the word association game in an archive anyway?) but the land before time messages are mostly still there.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't know how you're able to see anything because this is what I get:

Author  Comment
Malte279
Administrator
(9/2/04 5:53)
   Request to Universals / "LBT Fans of the world unite!&q Hi everybody!
A new member of the network54 forum re-raised one question, that has been frequently discussed, especially among land before time fans who are no residents to the Video / DvD region 1 countries USA and Canada.
It is about the delay that it takes Universals to publish the new sequels in the region 2 to 6 countries ever since LBT 6 (the last sequel to be released everywhere around the same time; December 1998 ) . Considering the fact that it worked out just fine up till then we don't have any sufficient answer to the question why it has to be that way. As it is not likely that any of us will come up with a sufficient answer, I turned to the Universal Studios' homepage (www.universalstudios.com) to check out for a contact address for this kind of questions.
Sure enough they do have a page with FAQs about various issues, ranging from Theme Parks, movies and merchandise to production facilities and so on. Of course our question was not among the FAQs, but there were also contact links to formulas where you could send your unanswered questions (or suggestions) to somebody in charge of answering the questions on the different issues.
This is what I posted at the contact link on "Home Video & DvD":

Dear Universal Studios,
I'm a great fan of the land before movie series produced by you. The question I have however is nothing about the content (about which I can imagine you get frequent mails which may alternately contain praise, complaints, or suggestions most of which are likely to support far too various points to be really considered).
However, the question I have has been brought up repeatedly in several discussion forums where fans of the land before time from all over the globe exchange about the movies. It's about the release date of the new sequels in DvD / video code regions other than region 1 (which is mainly the United States and Canada).
Up to the sixth of the (meanwhile 10) sequels (which was released in December 199 the movies were released about the same time all over the world. However, ever since inhabitants of the other regions had to wait longer for the new movies to be released. The seventh movie apeared about a quarter later in the regions other than region 1. And meanwhile the release date for the land before time sequels seems to be set on the fall subsequent to the region 1 release which is still in December shortly before christmas. Many land before time fans from countries that don't belong to the region 1 would like to know why the release in their countries is suddenly delayed after it worked out just fine up to 1998. Does it not even mean a loss of money to the Universal Studios, if the land before time sequels miss the promising Christmas shopping time in the largest part of the world?
As it is not just me, but many other fans of the movies, in many countries, who would like to know about the reason for their waiting time, I would really appreciate a response.
Sincerely,
Malte

Of course I shall let you know immediately if I get a response. However, as I know it's not just an empty phrase when I say, that LBT fans from all over the world are wondering about this question, it might be helping if I don't remain the only "victim" to the fact of not being a region 1 resident, who asks Universals about it. For all I know there are fans of several countries from various regions who post in this forum right now.
I'm going to ask around on some other forums too. Maybe, just maybe, there will be a positive reaction from Universal's if enough fans from region 2 to 6 countries show enough concern about this issue to bother to ask them about it.
To this effect: "land before time fans of the world unite!" ;-)

Unknown
(6/2/05 8:36)
   Unknown (This post is missing and can not be restored)

Unknown

Unknown

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Those "unknown" posts were people's replies.  That's how it works with any topic I open....the first post is there, but the rest is gone.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
That's a big shame the old GOF forum got hacked! Any ideas to who or why the entire Ezboard database of forums were hacked?! I dunno about anyone else but I can't access anything from the old forum anymore. All the topic under each of the main headings are blank and empty -_- Can't say I was a regular visiter to the old forum once it was archived but still, it's a crying shame that it had to be wiped.  :cry2

Oh well... :(

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That's a major bummer :angry:
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's not the only forum that has that problem.  I guess there are some stuff that just can't be restored.

I heard various rumors going around about the cause, but I'm not certain which is more accurate.