The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Information on the series

Noname · 72 · 11047

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Noname,Jan 5 2007 on  08:14 PM
Is YTV available in the US? Is anyone here Canadian?
Hey, I'm Canadian.  
YTV is a canadian station, channel 20 in my location.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As for recording the series, I have no nice way to do so aside from setting up a digital camera in front of the screen.

And I missed the first episode, too :(  i didn't know it was on already and I was gone all day.

The bad news is that the show comes up on Fridays around noon.  There is no way I can catch that, with school . :cry  That will end up being very unfortunate if it doesn't air on any other network, since nobody else here seems to have a chance to catch the show, either.  Sadly, it will be impossible for me to be of any help with the show airing when it does.

was ANYONE here able to catch Episode 1 of LBT?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, I have a potential solution to our problem!

I am going to invest in a TV tuner/recorder card for my computer, to allow me to record the shows when not at home!

If the admins will allow, I will post a temporary link (yousendit, likely) to download the video.  This action still needs some discussion but it shouldn't be a huge concern.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
^ Before you invest $$$ do make sure it actually aired in Canada first. ;)

As to, "it will hopefully appear in the US" it may not if nobody picks it up.  It can happen...I'd be surprised they'd go so far and not have a backer, unless CN has backed out and they're trying to find someone else.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I checked YTV's listings and is does indeed have Land Before Time serries on it.   :cry2  :mad No fair! :cry http://www.ytv.com/programming/shows/

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
It's not fair because YTV is a Canada-only station and is not accessable to anyone in America, or anywhere outside of Canada.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I suspect its because they didn't get a US broadcast for it.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Did you check the website? They show Littlefoot and Ali  :blink:
It's probably just a reference to LBT 4, or is it?
 :^.^:
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've been thinking about this too. On the one hand the creator of that page doesn't seem to be an LBT expert, so the choice of the image may be arbitrary. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Ali make another appearance in the series. Of course I don't know and till we see it I'm afraid we can only speculate; which is what we've been doing all along.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Some info: Here's the wikipedia article on Chomper:

Chomper is a character in the Land Before Time films and TV series. He is a Tyrannosaurus, which is known as a sharptooth in the Land Before Time movies. He is bilingual, being able to speak both the herbivore language of Littlefoot and his friends (heard as English to the viewer), and the "Sharptooth" language of Tyrannosaurus, which seems to consist of grunts, roars, and clicks. Littlefoot and his friends originally found Chomper as an egg and took care of him as surrogate parents until he was found by his real parents. He left the Great Valley with them and was not seen again until The Land Before Time V: The Mysterious Island, where he was living on an island with his parents. Now that the landbridge which connected the island to the mainland has been destroyed, he and his parents cannot get off the island.

In the TV series, Chomper is accepted into the Great Valley and currently lives with Ruby in a cave. Chomper's parents told Ruby to take care of him.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Yeah, that's probably it, I'm not putting my hopes up. However, if you take a closer look that Ali isn't quite the same as the one on the cover of lbt 4. Picture from the series? Fanart? Or maybe just my imagination.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
(Kind of missed Petrie's post,  :blink: )
Ruby? Chomper living with Ruby? A sharptooth in the Great Valley? Hun?!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, it was from Wikipedia.  As such, we have to take the info with a grain of salt.

As for the Ali seen in that photo, it could be the real deal.  How?

Well, if we take a look at both LBT 2 and LBT 12, we can see quite a change in gang itself.  This is the result of the slight changes the artists have made over the years.  They were so small, we hardly noticed them.  Only ones that are far apart make us notice such a difference.

Perhaps this is the result of the slight changes she would've experienced over the years if she was in LBT 5 and up.

Think of it as growing up.  I highly doubt anyone around here looks like their baby picture.  I bet there are those in their teens that look at their childhood photo and ask, "Was that what I looked like?"

I think it could be the result of how much Ali has grown.  Besides, I do see some of the old Ali in that pic.  This new Ali look will take some adjusting to. :)

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Here's another thing from wikipedia to take with a grain of salt, but one which would explain a lot:

The Land Before Time is an animated television series, loosely based on characters from The Land Before Time film series drawn and written by Judy Freudberg and Tony Geiss. It is currently in development by Universal Animation Studios, and premiered on YTV in Canada on January 5, 2007. It is expected to premiere on Cartoon Network in the United States after the DVD release of The Land Before Time XII: The Great Day of the Flyers. It is made as traditionally-animated with computer-animated backgrounds, which the past sequels from The Land Before Time X: The Great Longneck Migration onwards have used. The main bad guys are Redclaw, a Tyrannosaurus, and two unamed Velociraptors.

Note that the release date of the twelth movie is February 27th.

The important thing is:

It is expected to premiere on Cartoon Network in the United States after the DVD release of The Land Before Time XII: The Great Day of the Flyers.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Sounds like somebody's having a fun time on wikipedia.  :rolleyes:

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I didn't add or change anything on wikipedia, if that's what you mean.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm sure he didn't mean anything in that direction Noname. He was simply refering to earlier cases in which Wikipedia provided wishful thinking from fans, or simply false information rather than facts.

At least the presence of Chomper in the series is a definite fact. Aria mentioned this several times and some of us received a photo from the cast of the TV series including the future voice of Chomper.
While everything at Wikipedia must be taken, as you say, with a grain of salt (interesting phrase I didn't know before) there may possibly be some substance to the claim.
We shall see.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Check that! Turns out the picture of Ali is the same as the one on LBT 4's new cover. When they re-released it on DVD  

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
That's correct. While some of the info on wikipedia is truthful, anyone can edit it, so anyone can put in false information. For example, the whole Chomper living in the Great Valley with Ruby could be false, but it could have been confirmed by a Canadian viewer who saw the first episode. I guess we won't know until official confirmation comes out.