The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Youtuber Reviews all 14 sequels

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I stumbled upon a Youtube video where a youtuber called Jenny Nicholson reviews all 14 TLBT movies. I didn't agree with mostly of what she said (she ranked TLBT IV at number 11 WHAT?!), but overall it's a cool video to watch and it's interesting to see the opinion of someone who didn't grow up with the franchise.

Here's the link for you guys to watch and leave your thoughts. She gives a shout out to this forum several times throughout the video, if you're reading this Jenny welcome to the great valley ;)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-8zmGr0geQ[/youtube]
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
“Go Jenny! Go! Go! “

It is ambitious to review all 14 Films. Good for her.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
“Go Jenny! Go! Go! “

It is ambitious to review all 14 Films. Good for her.

True. I've been thinking about doing it in my blog for years but never managed to get around to do it. I thought about doing it during lockdown but eventhough I've rewatched all 14 movies and TV series in March and April I feel to close to the franchise to be objective.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
It is a pretty big task to undertake. I've thought about doing the same in the past, but ultimately time and dedication are lost on me. That doesn't mean I wouldn't one day actually do it, but right now my schedule is far too busy.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
My issue with attempting sometning like Jenny is cost. I’d habe to biy all 14 films at 3.99-9.99 USD a piece. I just can’t afford to do that right now. I spent my spending monies on books. :D

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My issue with attempting sometning like Jenny is cost. I’d habe to biy all 14 films at 3.99-9.99 USD a piece. I just can’t afford to do that right now. I spent my spending monies on books. :D
You should try the 14 movie pack then.  It's rather inexpensive for a multi-pack.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-The-Land-Before-Time-The-Complete-Collection-14-Films-DVD/223972979199?epid=12029516291&hash=item3425d471ff:g:x-8AAOSwswdekAYJ

Hammy

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yeah, some of Jenny's takes are pretty poor in my own opinion. I don't know what on Earth she is talking about with LBT 1 having no themes or lessons, or about the dinosaurs being "ugly" because they have detailed wrinkles and muted colors. Also, VII below XI? Engage me in fisticuffs, Jenny Nicholson.

Also, every time Jenny says "Brontosaurus", I just think of this.

You could make the case for Littlefoot and his species being brontos, as that taxa is now coming back into use among the apatosaurus name, but Doc? Doc is a diplodocus, as his name suggests.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Yeah, some of Jenny's takes are pretty poor in my own opinion. I don't know what on Earth she is talking about with LBT 1 having no themes or lessons, or about the dinosaurs being "ugly" because they have detailed wrinkles and muted colors. Also, VII below XI? Engage me in fisticuffs, Jenny Nicholson.

Also, every time Jenny says "Brontosaurus", I just think of this.

You could make the case for Littlefoot and his species being brontos, as that taxa is now coming back into use among the apatosaurus name, but Doc? Doc is a diplodocus, as his name suggests.

She also called Mo a swimming dinosaur and Petrie a flying dinosaur. I'm not gonna judge her on this, since paleontology is probably not one of her areas of interest. I did cringe every time she said something like this, but hey, the video was about the quality of the movies plot and character wise, not about the species of each character.

If you're reading this Jenny, Ducky is a Saurolophus, not a Parasaurolophus, Mo is an Ichtyosaur, a swimming reptile that looks like a dolphin (not related to dinosaurs at all), and Petrie is a Pterosaur, a flying reptile that is also not related to dinosaurs. There were many species of longnecked dinosaurs, they're called sauropods. Littlefoot's design is a mesh between an Apatosaurus and a Camarasaurus. But sure, Brontosaurus was very closely related to Apatosaurus, so the confusion here is acceptable. As for Doc, he's a Diplodocus.

sordessie

• Ruby
    • View Profile
The positive is this video is actually how I found this forum! I didn't quite agree with most of the takes though. I think some of the films deserve a little more credit where due but good points were made too. It feels more 'personal opinion and tastes' than proper review. And nostalgia might just be getting to me. (Still, seven so low? I cry). I've always wanted to do movie reviews and a series of Land Before Time sequels would be on the list should I ever get to it. Maybe when I move.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
The positive is this video is actually how I found this forum! I didn't quite agree with most of the takes though. I think some of the films deserve a little more credit where due but good points were made too. It feels more 'personal opinion and tastes' than proper review. And nostalgia might just be getting to me. (Still, seven so low? I cry). I've always wanted to do movie reviews and a series of Land Before Time sequels would be on the list should I ever get to it. Maybe when I move.

Welcome to the forum sordessie ;)

If anything it's a good thing that this video helped people find our community.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Jenny is a true legend to review all fourteen sequels in one YouTube video. Regardless of what her opinions are, we should applaud her for taking the time to do that. I guess COVID-19 brings out the most unexpected and entertaining stuff from all of us.