The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time XVII: The Terror of the

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, I'm going put all of my stories for this one here in this thread.  There will be another thread for part 2.  I'm trying to follow the rules so that I don't get thrown off the Great Wall or have Dil sicced on me.  

Chapter One: The Rise of the Terror of the Mysterious Beyond (Gallim POV)
Gallim was a Bothtooth. Gallim actually admired Sharpteeth, though he thought them inferior. While most Bothteeth would probably only eat clams and things like that, if they ate meat at all, Gallim was different. The thrill of the chase. Watching your prey die, it amused him. He loved the taste of blood. He even liked Sweet Bubbles so much because it reminded him of blood. Yes, he was a Sharptooth inside, in the darkest sense.

"We are special son." Gallim's father told him. "Why?" the young Gallimimus asked. "You see, we are neither Sharpteeth nor Flatteeth." said his father. "Yes, I've noticed. We're both." said Gallim. "Precisely." said his father. "We can survive the changes that are affecting the rest of the world. Our kind can switch diets while the others will perish. Perhaps we can come in time to help the others, but it seems that fate has decreed that our kind should be the ones in charge. Even if the others die out, we stand the best chance of staying around. As such, we need to make sure that we have as much power over the other kinds as possible so that, if the others don't hold up, we can take over." said his father.

Gallim liked the idea. However, right before he came of age, his father and mother, involved in a local feud, had perished. Gallim had avenged their deaths, of course. However, there was still their plan. It looked like he would have to take it upon himself to bring in the Bothtooth New World Order.

He would need Sharpteeth to begin his conquest. Flatteeth henchmen, at least to start out, wouldn't do. He would start by practicing misdirecting leaf eaters by using his leaf eater speaking ability. This would help him for later when he would take over many places, including, he hoped someday, the Great Valley itself. He was of the special kind after all and could speak both Sharptooth and Flattooth.

He found a very promising accomplice. One simply known as "Sharptooth" by the local leaf eaters. Gallim was wise enough to try and talk to Sharptooth from a distance, not wanting to become a meal. Soon, his idea of misdirecting leaf eaters got Sharptooth's attention. Sharptooth was certainly brutal and could bring down leaf eaters, but it wasn't easy and easy work seemed to please him if he didn't have to fight so many leaf eaters at once.

Gallim had learned that Sharptooth also had a brother named Red Claw. However, he didn't know where Red Claw was. Gallim hoped to meet Red Claw soon as two fearsome Sharpteeth would speed up his plans. However, he needed to work with the partner he had. Besides, getting too many Sharpteeth when he wasn't quite ready to handle that many was a sure way to be made dinner if he wasn't careful.

They began one day around dusk, wandering around. The two had agreed to split their takings half and half. Sharptooth, who was bigger and stronger, well, somewhat stronger, as Gallim had quite a bit more strength than he let on, was upset that he wouldn't get more. However, Gallim reminded him that he was the brains of the operation. Sharptooth had given in.

Gallim told Sharptooth to go and hide and roar when he would signal to him. He went send the leaf eaters off and they'd go away from the main herd, which would be going off away from, as they believed, Sharptooth. Gallim and Sharptooth would double back away from them and go and eat any stragglers.

Gallim came to a clump of trees where Club Tails, Longnecks, and some others were there. They kept apart due to herds always being separated. Gallim wanted to blend in and so get them to focus on him so as to get the Leaf Eaters from accidentally stumbling upon Sharptooth and giving the trick away.

He went and ate sweet bubbles, which he liked. A Club tail told him to go away, that he wasn't a club tail and so wasn't welcome there. Gallim didn't mind and said he understood herd segregation and said that it was normal.

He next went near some longnecks. However, Grandma and Grandpa Longneck didn't appear to mind him. He found this odd, as herd segregation seemed to rule supreme out here. The Club Tail told the longnecks to tell Gallim to go away. However, they refused.

Gallim, having gotten the attention of everyone enough, signaled Sharptooth behind his back, out of the eyes of the others. Sharptooth roared, as they had agreed.

Gallim said that he thought that he had seen Sharptooth nearby and was heading a certain way, and had thought that he'd lost him. He sent them away from Sharptooth. Most took off to save themselves. Gallim had Sharptooth move out of their way in time and he was hidden. The plan was working.

However, the longnecks stayed to make sure he was all right. He assured them he was. They told him they were glad that Sharptooth had gone the other way, for their daughter Arianna and grandson Littlefoot had no idea of the danger of Sharptooth. The two longnecks then left.

Sharptooth came out. Gallim told Sharptooth that the herd segregation made life so easy for them. He said that if the Leaf Eaters were to ever learn to work together, the two of them would be in hot water. Sharptooth said that sadly Sharpteeth suffered from pack segregation as well.

Gallim said nothing. If there was one thing he feared more than Leaf Eaters working together, it was Sharpteeth working together. No, best to leave things the way they were. The other kinds were as strong as they were united and as weak as they were divided. Gallim wished to keep them really divided.

Gallim knew where the Longnecks had come from. As he knew they were tolerant and, as such, dangerous to his new world order, they must die now before they could be a threat later. Gallim grinned at Sharptooth and said "I've decided. We're having longneck steak tonight." The two laughed maliciously.

They came near the sleeping longnecks, who were with their daughter. The grandson seemed to be missing. Gallim was going to kill the male one first, but, before he could get too near, he turned and saw that his partner had gone off.  “You fool!” he muttered angrily under his breath.
He went after his partner, for, though he could bring down a Leaf Eater, three full-grown longnecks at once by himself seemed, as of yet, beyond his ability.  He followed his partner, cursing the stupidity of Sharpteeth under his breath.  
He came to a sort of watering area, and saw a young Longneck and a young Theehorn.  Well, they had found the grandson at least.  He was going to let his partner do his work.  He’d get some of the meat, he figured.
However, they saw his partner and ran for it.  They were yelling.  He saw Arianna coming.  He couldn’t let the mother show up.  His partner was too busy trying to devour the kids and he would be caught unaware if she showed up.  Gallim decided to delay.  After all, trickery was his specialty.  
“Hello there.” he said.  “I heard my son calling me.” she said, trying to get past.  Gallim blocked her path.  “What a great mother you are, letting your kid wander off in the middle of the night.” said Gallim snarkily.  “It’s Littlefoot.  Today is his 5th Star Day at dawn.  I fear, though, that he may be in some kind of trouble.” said Arianna.  “I’m sure your son is probably just playing  a game.” said Gallim.
They both heard the kids running from Sharptooth and also Sharptooth cry out in pain.  His partner had gotten hurt!  “I’ve got to get to Littlefoot!” said Arianna.  His plan was in danger.  It was time to act.
“I’m afraid I can’t let you do that.” said Gallim.  He snarled and she realized what he was.  “Bothtooth!” she cried.  He leapt at her and struck her with his claws.  She turned and tried to kick him.  He bit her.  He then turned and ran circles around her, for he was one of the fastest runners in the world.  He did cartwheels on his hands, spinning and slashing at her as he moved past.  
It seemed he might be able to fell her, but then………….POW!  She whacked him with her tail.  He went flying many feet into the air.  He hit the ground, winded and sore.  It was lucky he was so physically fit or else that blow would have done a number on him.
His partner came out, chasing after the two children.  The mother confronted Sharptooth.  “Kill her now!” Gallim yelled in the Sharptooth language at his partner.  His partner didn’t need any persuasion, as he went for the mother instead.  Arianna and he seemed evenly matched.  He eventually jumped into the air and started shredding her back with his mouth.  However, the wounded Longneck attacked back and he ended up slammed with her tail.
As the mortally wounded Arianna, Littlefoot, and Cera ran, both Sharptooth and Gallim moved to strike.  However, then it happened.  The ground rumbled.  The earth shook heavily.  A chasm began to appear.  
Gallim watched as his partner fell toward the edge.  Arianna rescued the children and knocked his partner, as it appeared to him anyway, to his death.  Gallim was knocked like crazy by the Great Earthshake, but, in part due to his speed, was able to survive.  
When he got his bearings again, he thought the Threehorn must have fallen to her death, Sharptooth seemed dead, Arianna had to have died from her wounds, but, he couldn’t find him, Littlefoot was gone!
Gallim had never intended to lose a target and he wouldn’t start now.  He used his sniffer to track the Longneck.  Eventually, he found him nearby, crying over Arianna’s death.  Gallim let out a long cruel laugh.  The crying longneck turned and said, frightened, “Who’s there?”.  Gallim didn’t reply.  Littlefoot, thinking it to be just the wind, resumed crying and moved on.
Gallim advanced forward.  He might have gotten Littlefoot, but then, suddenly, he disappeared!  Gallim went looking for him, and eventually found where he had gone.  However, he met Rooter.  He asked Rooter where Littlefoot had gone, but Rooter, suspicious of him, said he didn’t know Gallim and told him to be on his way.
Gallim was furious!  Even though he’d brought down a Longneck, he’d lost his partner and had already had an escapee.  Gallim kept looking for Littlefoot, but could not find him.
“So, you get away little longneck.  I hope that I get you someday Littlefoot!  In the meantime, I’ll take over the Mysterious Beyond!  I’ll use trickery to get food and rise in power.  I will be known as the Terror of the Mysterious Beyond!  All shall fear me! “ said Gallim.  He began to sing.
“I’m the cleverest and most  fearsome dinosaur you’ll see.
All shall fall before my lies and trickery.
This is going to be so much fun!
My reign has officially begun!”.  He finished and then laughed coldly.
He eventually sought out Red Claw.  Red Claw had been injured in a fight as a child and hence got his red claw and his name, his old name being forgotten.  The Sharptooth had first tried to attack him.  However, Gallim was very athletic and leapt into the air, damaged the T-Rex’s eye and also cut his face.   Red Claw had tried to leave, surprised that a Leaf Eater, or so he thought, could be so dangerous.  
“I’m not a Leaf Eater you fool!” said Gallim in the Sharptooth language.  “You don’t look like a Sharptooth!” said Red Claw back in the Sharptooth language.  “I’m a Bothtooth!” said Gallim in Sharptooth.  
Gallim had helped Red Claw get many easy meals, which Red Claw loved.  In time, Red Claw showed promise of reaching the level of his brother, and perhaps one day surpassing it.  Gallim tried to teach Red Claw the Leaf Eater language, as it would be helpful in leading Leaf Eaters into a trap.
Sometime after meeting Red Claw, Gallim had come across two Egg Stealer brothers named Ozzy and Strut.  Ozzy definitely was the brains of the operation but Gallim took them both.  He now had a Sharptooth and two Egg Stealers working for him.
Gallim also befriended the Domeheads of the Mysterious Beyond.  The ones in the Mountains that Burn were particularly to his liking, as they were quite ruthless.  Also, they were Bothteeth like himself.  And, he heard from them that there were even Domeheads in the Great Valley itself.  
Many cold times had gone by and he eventually found his first two Leaf Eater henchmen, a pair of flyers named Rinkus and Sierra.  They were perfect for him, and, were, like himself, ambitious and willing to do anything to achieve their goals.
Red Claw had later started to command an army of Fast Biters, with the Utahraptors Screech and Thud as his chief lieutenants.   They had started to take over the Mysterious Beyond.
However, Gallim’s plan was dealt a setback when Red Claw, having been tripped by Littlefoot and Chomper, had fallen down a cliff.  Red Claw had survived, but had amnesia and, though he later regained most of his memory, couldn’t tell Gallim exactly what had happened.  
After about 20 cold times from the day of the beginning of his reign, Gallim now had most of the dinosaur world under his thumb.  He had gotten his fellow Gallimimuses Odul and Ela and Finley and Liz to join him.  There were only two places left now that weren’t under his thumb, one a mysterious valley of Sharpteeth, called, the Valley of Sharpteeth, that had a rather hidden entrance and thus had escaped him.  He would send Red Claw there soon.  And, of course, the most fertile valley in the world, the place where he hoped to set the capital of his Bothtooth New World Order: the Great Valley.  
Gallim, Odul, Ela, Finley, and Liz moved toward the Great Valley.  He had now gotten a reputation as the Terror of the Mysterious Beyond, though, luckily for him, nobody had tied the title to him.  He grinned with glee.  Behind him, his shadow appeared to be a Sharptooth in the light of the rising sun.   Soon, he thought smugly, the whole world would be his.  He would take over the Great Valley from within.  

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Chapter Two: The Ruined Star Day (Littlefoot POV)
Tomorrow, at dawn, would be Littlefoot’s fifth Star Day.  It would be five cold times to the day that his mother had laid his egg.  He walked back home with his mother as it began to get dark.  Littlefoot had finally gotten up the nerve to ask something that had been troubling him since he had heard the Treehorn say “Threehorns don’t play with Longnecks!”.  
“Mother, why must the other kinds be apart?  Why is it that way?” said Littlefoot.  Arianna thought hard how best to reply.  She had always hated the separation of the kinds too, as had her parents.  However, nobody dared speak out against it.  She sighed.  “As I said, it has always been that way.  I never really liked it.” said Arianna.  “Then why don’t you do something about it?  Refuse to put up with it!” said her son.  
She sighed.  “It isn’t that easy.  And it takes both sides.  If the other side won’t act, then you only look like a fool.” she said.  “Perhaps you have to act first and then, maybe someday, the other side will act.” said her son.  Arianna said nothing.  This made sense to her.   It seemed so strange that her young son had a wisdom beyond that of many elders.  
“Mother, are Sharpteeth all evil?” he asked.  Her son sure knew how to ask the hard questions!  “Dear, that is hard to say whether someone is good or evil based on what they eat.” she replied.  “However, they cannot be our friends as they seek to eat us.”  “What if there was a nice one?” Littlefoot asked.  Arianna sighed.  “Nobody has seen such a thing.   Nobody has tried much.” said Arianna.  “if there were such a thing?” asked Littlefoot, not to be unanswered.  “Then, I guess you could be friends.  IF it was for real and not a trick.” said Arianna.

Littlefoot saw his grandparents return.  “Sharptooth was spotted.  However, he went the other way, away from here.” said Grandpa Longneck.   “Sharptooth?  Around here?” said Littlefoot in shock.  “He went the other way Littlefoot, don’t worry.” said Grandma Longneck.
Littlefoot had gone to bed with his family.  However, he was woken up in the early morning by a hopper.  He went after it.  He met Cera again.  He knew they weren’t supposed to be together, but he didn’t care as he hated the separation of the kinds.  Cera apparently didn’t fully believe in it either, or else she would have left.
They were playing together when they heard a loud THUMP THUMP!  They turned and saw him.  Sharptooth!  “Sharptooth!” yelled Cera.  They both knew they were in danger of being a meal.  They turned and ran.  They kept yelling.  Littlefoot called for his mother.
He and Cera ran into a thorn patch.  Sharptooth went after them and Littlefoot was nearly eaten.  Sharptooth had gotten hurt and damaged his eye.  Now he was madder than ever.
He and Cera came out of the thorn patch, the beast right behind them.  Mama Longneck was there.  She turned and faced Sharptooth.  There was a big fight.  
Eventually, Sharptooth leapt into the air and attacked his mother’s back.  NO!  thought Littlefoot.  His mother was able to tail whip the beast away and she, Littlefoot, and Cera turned and ran.
Then, it happened.  The earth shook.  A big chasm began to appear.  Many dinos nearby fell into it and perished.  Sharptooth was sliding toward the canyon.  Littlefoot and Cera  were being pulled with him.  His mother grabbed him and Cera and tail whacked Sharptooth off the cliff.  Cera and Littlefoot and his mother ran different directions.
Arianna knew she wouldn’t last long.  She was glad to know that her last act had been to rebel against the separation of the kinds, for she had saved a Threehorn.  It was not up to her to right the wrong of the separation of the kinds.  But she knew, in her heart, that there was someone who could.  Her beautiful Littlefoot.
Littlefoot was with his mother.  She seemed really weak.  He didn’t understand why.  She tried to move but couldn’t.  She wanted to tell her son to follow his heart, as she knew he could do a lot to help the world.  She made sure that he could recall the way to the Great Valley.  She then said “I’ll be with you, even if you cannot see me.”  Littlefoot was taken aback.  “What do you mean if I can’t see you?  I can always see you.” he said.  Arianna knew she was about to leave the world.  “Littlefoot, let your heart guide you.  It whispers, so listen closely.” she said.  She then died.
Littlefoot cried out to her, but she didn’t reply.  Littlefoot couldn’t believe it.  His beloved mother, dead!  He cried and cried and cried.  He looked up to see the dawn coming.  His Star Day, though he didn’t attach that term with it yet, was right now.  This was the worst Star Day of his life!
He went onward, knowing there was nothing he could do for Arianna now, except make sure he fulfilled her last wish and got to the Great Valley.  He still cried.  As he went onward, he heard a cold evil laugh.  It made him terrified.  “Who’s there?” he said.  He couldn’t find whoever it was and assumed that it was just his imagination.  He continued on.  At one point, he fell and landed on Rooter, an old Ankylasaurus.  
At first Rooter had seemed grumpy and thought Littlefoot weak for crying.  After learning what had happened, he comforted Littlefoot.  Littlefoot had felt that his mother was foolish to have tried to fight Sharptooth.  Rooter told Littlefoot that it was nobody’s fault and that it was all part of the Great Circle of Life.  Eventually, Littlefoot went on his way.
He eventually found Cera again, and also met Petrie the Flyer, Ducky the Swimmer, and, lastly, Spike the Spiketail.  They had all continued toward the Great Valley.  Cera had been the most into kind separation.  Worse, for him, he found that the monster that had killed his mother was still alive and the Gang had barely escaped him.
Littlefoot led them toward the Great Valley, using what his mother had told him.  He urged them on when they wanted to stop.  Eventually, though, the others all got tired.
They went after Cera and nearly died in the Mountains that Burn.  The place was creepy, with skeletons, tar, lava, and evil Domeheads.  They only just barely got out of there.
Later, Littlefoot and his new friends had defeated Sharptooth for good, sending him to his death in water.  He then saw his mother’s spirit, who sometimes had talked to him.  She had led him right to the entrance to the Great Valley.
He and his new friends found their families.  Petrie, like himself, had lost a family member, in this case his father.  Littlefoot had no idea of the whereabouts of his own father or if he was even still alive.  Also, Petrie had also mysteriously lost his uncle Pterano too.  Cera had lost her mother and siblings a few cold times earlier in a Threehorn quarrel over food and location.  Ducky’s parents adopted Spike.
Grandma and Grandpa Longneck were glad to see Littlefoot.  However, they, upon not seeing their daughter, had asked him what had become of her.  He had broken the bad news.  He had never seen his grandparents cry so hard.
He himself was sobbing hard.  He openly vowed aloud at that moment that, in memory of his mother and what Sharptooth had taken from him, he would never celebrate a Star Day again.  Also, he vowed that he would hate all Sharpteeth.
His new resolve was put to the test a short time later, however.  After trying to rescue one of Ducky’s parents’ eggs from two Egg Stealers, they had accidentally gotten the wrong egg.  It had hatched into a Sharptooth.  It was a baby T-Rex, the very species that had killed Arianna.  
Littlefoot and the others ran.  However, Littlefoot came back.  The creature wasn’t chasing after him.  He recalled what his mother had said that it was possible that there could be nice Sharpteeth.  Was this one of them?
He was friendly to the little guy, and even gave him a name, Chomper.  They soon became friends.  But was this a nice Sharptooth or had Littlefoot just made his biggest character misjudgment ever?
As the years went by, Littlefoot continued to not celebrate his Star Day.  The others did, even if they didn’t know the term “Star Day”.  Even after learning the term from Ruby, he still didn’t celebrate it.  This continued into his teens and seemed likely to continue around his 25th Star Day as he came of age.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Chapter Three: Soul Mates  

[Not Written Yet]

Chapter Four:  Grown Up

[Not Written Yet]

Chapter Five: Longneck Love

[Not Written Yet]

Chapter Six: Sharptooth Love Part 1: Red Claw’s Return (Chomper POV)
Chomper had left home, having come of age.  He wasn’t very popular in the Sharptooth world.  Ok, that was the understatement of the epoch.  He was the laughingstock of the Sharptooth world.  Any Sharpteeth that he had met had laughed at his refusal to hunt Flatteeth or eat them.  He had eaten bugs for years.  However, as he grew into his teens, he started to eat fish and mammals and even non-saurian birds.  He still ate bugs with those, of course.  He wasn’t starving but he could be eating better, but he knew what that would entail and he wasn’t willing to go through with it.  After all, Littlefoot had risked his life to save him and he wasn’t going to betray that by eating Flatteeth.  
His mother and father had given him a tearful hug and kiss goodbye and had wished him the best of luck.  His father had said that he hoped that he found a mate.  Chomper had  had trouble suppressing a laugh.  If he could go without eating Flatteeth again, for he had, though Littlefoot could never have known and he never was going to tell him that he had in fact eaten Flateeth meat between the time he first left the Great Valley and the time Littlefoot and his friends had met him the second time, that would be enough of a miracle without the chance of getting romance when he was viewed as a, for lack of a better word, weirdo.  

His parents too had taken a lot of flak from other Sharpteeth.  Chomper knew that they couldn't be with larger groups of Sharpteeth as others saw him as an oddball.  He felt that maybe now, with him gone,  his parents could live better without him.  It wasn't a pleasant thought.  

He always had been haunted by what he had almost done that fateful morning.  He had been trained to hunt Flatteeth but luckily had never encountered any that his parents hadn’t gotten first.  However, that morning was different.  He could smell the Longneck, the Spiketail, the Threehorn, the Swimmer, and the Flyer.  He had come upon them.  They were asleep.  He had stood there, deciding how best to attack the group of them without brining damage to himself.  
The Longneck had woken up, gotten up the others, and the Threehorn had gotten up last.  They had seen his shadow and took off.  He had followed.  They could sure run, but he was a Sharptooth and that meant he could chase after them.  Try as they might, he was right behind them.  Eventually, they ran into a corner.  They were trapped against a cliff wall.
Rather than turn and beg for mercy or try and make a brave last stand, they had just cowered, hunkering down, shaking in terror, with their eyes shut, awaiting their ends.  It would only have been too easy to have had five Flateeth for breakfast that morning.
However, as he had glared at them, happily, hoping to bring down the Longneck first, he suddenly recognized the markings of his friend from the Great Valley.  Littlefoot had taken him in when he doubted any of the others would have, as he recalled that they had all ran from him and only Littlefoot had come back.  The Longneck and his friends had taught him the Leaf Eater language.  He had practiced it and studied Leaf Eaters from a distance, or, in what time they had left, when his parents had caught them and they had begged not to be eaten.  His was a fast learner and had picked up a ton of things from the Leaf Eaters in the Great Valley, supplementing what he had learned since then by spying on them.  
He had always wondered why the Leaf Eaters ran from him.  What was it about him, he had thought, that they so disliked?  He even tried to ask them, but they always ran before he had gotten close.  It had made him weep and weep.  
One day, he got up the courage to ask his mom and dad why the Leaf Eaters hated him so.  They had found this question odd but answered anyway.  They said that he and they were Sharpteeth and that they ate Flatteeth and that the Flatteeth knew it, or could guess it.  His parents had assumed Flatteeth to be rather stupid animals.  He had told his parents that he knew that they were smart.  His parents had always doubted him.  
One day, they gave him Flatteeth meat.  He knew what it was and long refused to eat it.  He instead ate dragonflies and other bugs.  However, after not being able to get enough bugs, he had one day actually taken a bite and found that he had liked it.  After all, the Flatteeth were already dead, he reasoned, it wasn’t hurting them anyway.  He did, know, however, at that moment, that he may someday be an enemy of the Flatteeth.
He had been taught to hunt by his parents, and they had practiced on mammals, which, not being Flatteeth, he had consented to.  He had finally killed one sometime before he met his friends again.
His friends, no, he hadn’t killed them.  It wouldn’t be right.  After finding that, as his friends had feared and he had been too naÔve to see, his parents would indeed eat his friends, he had hid them.  Later, he had protected them from a Giganotosaurus.
Later, he recalled that, after being able to get off that island when the tide had come in low one day, he and his parents had gone to the mainland again.  Things had gone well for a few cold times until Red Claw, the evil Sharptooth, had gone after him.  He had challenged him and his assertion that he could just boss around the other dinosaurs of the Mysterious Beyond.  Red Claw had gone after him, sending his Fast Biters after him.  Screech and Thud were Red Claw’s two head lieutenants.  
Chomper had met Ruby the Fast Runner and her family sometime before meeting Red Claw.  It was lucky Chomper found them first, as his parents tended to still have the annoying habit of viewing friends of his as dessert.  Ruby was a Bothtooth and hence ate meat like himself, so she wasn’t as put off about him as the Flatteeth he had encountered.  After seeing that he wasn’t attacking her,  she had come close and even showed him to her parents.  After they had initially freaked out, they too realized that he was friendly.
He had gotten his parents to swear on their honor not to eat any new friends of his.  They did, so he brought Ruby and her family over.  Ruby’s parents had fainted, but, after finding that they weren’t dead, realized that they could trust the two Sharpteeth not to eat them.
Eventually, his parents had consented to having him go with Ruby in the dead of night, telling her to look after him.  Red Claw had fallen for the trick and had watched his parents for a while before figuring out that he had been had.
Red Claw had eventually tracked them down and he and Ruby had to leave her family and go to the Great Valley.  Littlefoot had already mentioned him in the past so he had not too much trouble getting in, though some residents like Topps and Mama Iguanodon had mistrusted him.  
After he and Littlefoot had tripped Red Claw, who fell off a cliff and surely must have died, Screech and Thud had fled.  Chomper and Ruby had gone back home.
It had been many cold times since then.  As he passed near where he had met Ruby, he saw an Oviraptor who looked vaguely familiar.  She turned and ran.  “Sharptooth!” she yelled.  He recognized the voice. “Ruby?” he called.
The Oviraptor was shocked that he could talk and much more so that he knew her name.  She ran right into a rock.  She turned around to face him, terrified.  “How can you talk and how do you know my name?” she asked, trembling.
“Ruby, you know me.  We went to the Great Valley together to hide from Red Claw, Screech, and Thud.” he said.  Ruby stared at him.  “Chomper?” she said in shock.  He nodded.  She ran up to him and hugged his legs, for, he admitted, he had a growth spurt or two since they’d last met and his head was out of her reach.
“I’m so glad to see you buddy.  I thought you were going to kill me for a moment there.” she said.  “Nah, I already killed ten guys today.  I only kill 10 per day.  You’re fine Ruby.” he said.  She knew he was joking and they both burst out laughing.
They both had come of age.  He just now at 20 and she at 22.  She was still single though.  He knew that he wasn’t likely to find romance as a Flattooth friend.  However, he asked Ruby why she hadn’t found Mr. Right yet after three years of being of age.
“Chomper, I often feel underappreciated.  I feel unimportant as nobody listens to what I have to say as they feel that what I have to say is unimportant.” she said.  “I don’t believe that.” said Chomper.  “Thank you Chomper.  However, sometimes I wish I could be in charge to be important as being in charge makes one important.” said Ruby.  “You already are important.” said Chomper.
“Guys don’t just appreciate me.  Perhaps it is my carefree personality.” said Ruby.  “Their loss.” said Chomper.  “Chomper, there are other things going on around here.  Bad things.” said Ruby.
“I’d hoped that I was the worst ëbad’ thing to happen around here lately.” he said.  She smiled weakly.  “No such luck buddy.  For one, Red Claw has come back.” said Ruby.  “Red Claw is dead!’ said Chomper.  He’d seen Red Claw fall.  
“He’s back, I’m afraid, and so are Screech and Thud.  And, even worse, he’s gotten more Fast Biters.  He’s been worse than ever around here. “ said Ruby.  “Well, I’m older now.  Maybe I can take him.” said Chomper, flexing his muscles.   Ruby laughed.  “Chomper, Red Claw has been around longer than you.  He probably won’t be that easy to beat.  You got lucky last time.” said Ruby.
“And Chomper, Red Claw isn’t the worst of the news.” said Ruby.  “There have been many fatal attacks around here.  None of my own kind have been hit at all.  But others haven’t been so lucky.  Many Spiketails have died. The Leader of Tippy’s herd was killed.” said Ruby.  “Was it Red Claw?” Chomper asked.
“We’re not sure, but it doesn’t appear so.  The Spiketail Leader didn’t appear to see it coming.  He appeared comfortable with whoever he was with.  He certainly wouldn’t have been comfortable with Red Claw.” said Ruby.  “Swimmers, Threehorns, Club Tails, even Sharpteeth have been found dead.  Egg Stealers too.  However, there seems to be one kind that seems to be really getting it.” said Ruby.  
“What?” said Chomper.  “Longnecks.  Who is behind this seems to have it in for Longnecks or be looking for someone who is a Longneck.” said Ruby.  
Chomper immediately thought of Littlefoot.  Luckily he was safe in the Great Valley.  But what about Rhett, Shorty, Ali, and Bron?  Were they in danger or were they….were they…..?
“The being is known just as the Terror of the Mysterious Beyond.  Attacks are happening pretty much everywhere.  Your area must be one of the few ones not to have hits.  Sharpteeth aren’t hit as much.  As for the Terror of the Mysterious Beyond, nobody has seen the creature.” said Ruby.  “Any safe places out there?” Chomper asked.  “Yes, the Great Valley has had no hits yet.  The Great Wall appears to be working.  I doubt they even know much of it is going on." said Ruby.

“How are things in the Great Valley?” Chomper asked.  Ruby shook her head.  “Haven’t been back there yet.  I could have but never got around to it.” said Ruby.  Chomper sighed.  How he missed his friends!  

"Herd separation seems to be on the rise lately.  It’s such a pity.  We need to cooperate to fight this fiend, not stick to our own kinds so we can die alone which is what we’ll do if we stick to our own kinds.” said Ruby.  
The two walked on.  He was glad to hear that Rhett, Shorty, Ali, and Bron weren’t among the dead.  They walked into the middle of a desert.  That’s when they saw him.  Red Claw!
 The evil Sharptooth came toward them.  “Hey, you, hand over the Fast Runner, she’s mine!” said Red Claw in Sharptooth to Chomper.  “No!” said Chomper.  “Screech, Thud, Regulas, go teach our friends some manners!” said Red Claw to his two Utahraptor minions and a new Velocirpator minion in Sharptooth.  They advanced toward Chomper and Ruby.  “Run!” Chomper told her.  She didn’t need telling twice.  
The two ran.  Eventually, they were cornered.  Though Chomper had never killed another dinosaur before, he was thinking of breaking that habit, as it looked like he would die otherwise.  More and more Fast Biters were closing in on them.  Red Claw approached, grinning.  
“Before I rip you into bits, might I have the pleasure of your name?” Red Claw asked in Sharptooth.  “You know me stink breath!  My name is Chomper!” said Chomper in Sharptooth back.  Red Claw grinned maliciously.
“Well, well.  I’ve been waiting to meet you.  I got my memory back.  You and your Longneck friend will catch it!  Get me the Fast Runner.  I want our friend here to watch her die first before we end his miserable life!” said Red Claw in Sharptooth.  “Sure thing Master.” said Screech in Sharptooth.
Chomper would not let them take Ruby while he still drew breath.  He beared his teeth, bracing for what surely would be some fights to the death.  
“Hey you, leave him alone!” cried a voice in Sharptooth.  They all turned.  A blueish green female Sharptooth with hazel eyes was glaring at Red Claw and his minions.   “Going to kill him over food.  How barbaric!” she said in Sharptooth, shaking her head.  “This doesn’t concern you.” said Red Claw in Sharptooth to her.
She came up to Screech, Thud, and Regulas and whapped them with her tail, sending them flying.  “You!” said Red Claw angrily in Sharptooth.  “I guess it concerns me now.”  she said back in Sharptooth.  Chomper laughed.  
Red Claw advanced toward her.  However, Chomper used the opportunity to go on the offensive.  SLASH!  He used the hooked talons that were attached to his back leg to slash at Red Claw.  The red Shartpooth howled in pain.  “Run!” yelled Chomper in Sharptooth.
His new friend and Ruby certainly didn’t need telling twice.  They ran for it and were able to give Red Claw the slip.  “I’ll get you, and your girlfriend too!” yelled Red Claw in Sharptooth, unable to find them.
“Girlfriend?” said Ruby in shock.  “Nice job.  What’s his problem?” said Chomper’s new friend in Sharptooth.  “That was Red Claw.  He doesn’t like me.” said Chomper in Sharptooth.
“The Red Claw?  The most feared of our kind, Red Claw?” she asked in Sharptooth.  “Yep.” said Chomper in Sharptooth.  “Oh my!  Daddy says that I’m  certain to get myself in trouble one of these days!” she said in Sharptooth.  “That was awfully brave of you to help Ruby and I.” said Chomper in Sharptooth.  “Ruby?” she asked in Sharptooth.
“She is my Fast Runner friend.  We’ve been through a lot together and so I don’t eat her.” said Chomper in Sharptooth.  “Pleased to meet you.” said Ruby in Sharptooth.
“I’m Andromeda.” said the female Tyrannosaurus in Sharptooth.  Chomper’s red eyes locked with Andromeda’s hazel eyes.  A funny feeling came over him.  He’d never felt this way before.  Something about her made him want to smile.  He was glad that Ruby couldn’t see eye level with him anymore.
“My name is Chomper.” said Chomper in Sharptooth, feeling as though he’d eaten a bunch of wriggling mice, even though he knew he’d eaten only fish and a bird for that day.  “Chomper, cute name.” said Andromeda in Sharptooth.  “Yeah, my Leaf Eater friends gave it to me.” said Chomper in Sharptooth.

Andromeda snickered.  “Good one Chomper.” she said in Sharptooth.  “He’s serious you know.” said Ruby in Sharptooth.  “Oh very funny joke you two.” said Andromeda in Sharptooth.  “It’s no joke.  Though I do have a great one about the Fast Biter, the Longneck, the Fast Runner, and the Egg Stealer.”  said Chomper in Sharptooth.  “Oh for the love of….” said Andromeda in Sharptooth, putting a claw to her head in exasperation.  “Well Chomper, that went well.” said Ruby.
“Yes, Andromeda, I am serious.  I can speak Leaf Eater too.” said Chomper in Sharptooth.  “I think you are pretty Andromeda.  It’s best that you cannot understand me as I don’t see how we could….oh who am I kidding?” said Chomper.  
“I cannot understand what you said.  You know Leaf Eater.  Bet it makes it easy to hunt.” said Andromeda.  “It might, if I’d ever hunted a Leaf Eater.” said Chomper in Sharptooth.  “You haven’t?” said Andromeda in Sharptooth.  “Never have, never will.” Chomper lied in Sharptooth.  He didn’t want to say in front of Ruby that he had once hunted his very good friends before recognizing them.  
Chomper turned to go.  “Where are you going Chomper?” said Andromeda in Sharptooth.  “Isn’t it obvious?  I’m a freak.  I’m friendly with Leaf Eaters.  I’d like to thank you for helping me with Red Claw.  No Sharptooth, well, except Mommy and Daddy, would ever do that for me.” said Chomper in Sharptooth.
Andromeda felt sorry for her new friend.  He is so sweet.  He’s so unlike the other guys I’ve met.  They just want me to be the pack leader.  He was friends with the Fast Runner, and was going to fight Red Claw to protect her.  To even think of taking on Red Claw and knowing it was Red Claw, he’s got guts.  Maybe he can get over this Leaf Eater thing.  Andromeda thought.
“Chomper, I like you.  I’d like you, and, er, Ruby, to come with me to meet my parents.  I’m sure they’ll like you, er, once they get to know you.  You’re braver than any guy I’ve ever met.” said Andromeda in Sharptooth.  Chomper’s green face turned bright red.
“Well Chomper, I think you have a girlfriend.  A girlfriend you have Chomper.” said Ruby, smiling at him.  Chomper said nothing.  He was definitely entering a new phase in his life.

Chapter Seven: Sharptooth Love Part 2: The Pack
Chomper and Andromeda came to the Valley of Sharpteeth with Ruby.  The T-Rexes glared at Ruby, and Chomper and Andromeda, guessing what they might have had in mind, quickly shook their heads at them.  They backed off, frowning.
“What is this place?” Chomper asked his new friend.  “The Valley of Sharpteeth. “ said Andromeda.  “I’ve never lived in a Sharptooth herd.” said Chomper.  “Herd?  We live in packs.” said Andromeda   “So, who is in charge of the her…..I mean pack here?” Chomper asked.  “My father.” said Andromeda.  “Your father?” said Chomper.
Chomper felt uneasy.  It was only a matter of time before her father found out he was a weirdo.  That he was nice to Flat Teeth.  He’d been mocked by other Sharpteeth before for that.  He’d had to keep his frustration in check too, because, outside the Great Valley, no Flatttoth would come near him because of what he was.  They never bothered to take the time to get to know him.  He was fed enough, that was true, but he could  easily supplement his diet with Flatteeth meat.  Didn’t the Flatteeth realize that he knew many of their strengths and weaknesses from his time in the Great Valley and that he was very bright?   If he chose to hunt them, they would surely fall before him.  
He thought about the Great Valley.  It had been many cold times since he’d last been there.  Would they still remember him or would they have forgotten about him?  No full-grown Sharptooth had ever been allowed there before and he was in doubt that he’d ever be allowed to see Littlefoot again.  
Andromeda took him and Ruby inside of the valley.  Chomper noticed that this valley only seemed to have one entrance and it had narrow edges on either side of the main canyon entrance where one could hide without the enterer knowing they were there.   There were other T-Rexes like himself here.  
No, not like me.  Nobody is like me.  I’m one of a kind.  Chomper thought.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll say that your writing is getting a lot better, L&AT!

I don't know how to put it, but it seems to be getting less cheesy. You're explaining things a little better, and giving that villain some time to develop a personality, too.

I would argue about the "Chomper not having to eat dinosaurs when he's grown up" bit, as that still doesn't seem feasible to me, but it's your story. As long as it's still a good story, I can look past that complaint.

I'd say keep up on this, and keep working on your writing, too. I'm actually started to get interested in this, if only a little. :)

Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Consider the Spinosaurus, eats a lot of fish, is bigger than a full grown T-Rex would be.  Also, we can assume there might be some big mammals.  Also, it says that he is, while not starving, could weigh more.  He knows this but is doing it out of respect for Littlefoot and the Gang of Five and Ruby, particularly Litltefoot, who went after him at the end of film V.  

We must assume that there are other creatures other than Flat Teeth, Sharpteeth, Bothteeth, Egg Stealers, small mammals, and fish in LBT world, even if they aren't shown.  

I also, if you noticed, have set Ruby up for a possible moral dilemma, as if Gallim's New World Order works out, she could at last be in charge, which, as she feels underappreciated, would prove tempting, perhaps, to join Gallim and turn on her friends.  

I admit I find I'm much better at writing novels and short stories than movies.  (Also, I'll admit, my song making, with rhymes, could be much better, but I do the best I can.)

Also, I wonder if anything I've hinted at should be obvious to any dinos not in league with Gallim: that while Egg Stealers, Sharpteeth, and Flateeth are all falling prey to his sneak attacks, that omnivores are unscathed.  

(Eventually, Chomper is going to figure this out, but can it be surmised that he could be the first and that nobody would see it sooner, particularly someone nice like Ruby who might also see the pattern?  (She actually does mention it, but doesn't put two and two together here.)

I admit, the title "Terror of the Mysterious Beyond" implies that Gallim has been to the Great Valley, which, when I first came up with the term, never occurred to me.  However, he could have been there before years ago.

Gallim's kind might not be anywhere near the Great Valley (he can run really fast, faster than Ruby or Yellow Bellies) so nobody would know he's an omnivore.  

Also, let's face it, if Chomper eats Leaf Eaters currently, killing them too, he can't show his face near the Great Valley ever again.

I also admit, there are movies and stuff for films 14, 15, and 16 i plan to do too to develop the Gang of Five more.   I have some work on film 14 done already, a basic idea for film 15, somewhat of an idea for film 16, though less than 15, as I don't even know what types my villains would be, other than that I want a longneck villain.  

I'm also trying to make it closer to actual LBT.  I could easily have Chomper secretly have given into the Sharptooth side, be whacking Leaf Eaters for food but not telling Ruby, and eventually the Gang of Five would find out, and then he'd have to do some huge act of redemption to get back in their favor, but then the plausiblity of him ever being back in the Great Valley or being in contact with the Gang of Five is now thrown into doubt.  It's a tricky situation either way.  

Personally one of the things that I disliked about The Fox and the Hound is that, though Tod and Copper are friends forever, it appears that they will NEVER be able to meet again without putting Tod in danger.    I don't want that for Chomper and Littlefoot.  

In the actual movie, once I get all the parts together, I actually intend to show the screen view from Gallim's POV so nobody can see him and tie him to the villain till he is revealed later.  Gallim is actually going to be a Prince Hans type of villain (in fact, I thought of having the voice of Hans voice Gallim).  (Ideally, I'd have had Tony Jay, the voice of my favorite Disney villain Claude Frollo, but sadly Mr. Jay is no longer with us.)

Also, you can see that Chomper has considered eating Leaf Eaters.  If Littlefoot and the Gang of Five and Ruby were to turn on him or dislike him, he might be really pushed that direction.  You can tell he's ticked that Leaf Eaters don't even want to go near him just cause he's a Sharptooth and he feels betrayed.  Also, if some Sharpteeth start liking him in addition to the Gang of Five turning on him, he'd be really in a bind.  

Also, consider what it would do to Litltefoot if he were to find out that his attempts to change Chomper from that path have failed and Leaf Eaters died when he could have smashed the egg or let Chomper die in the Sinking Sand.  You do realize what that would do to him, particularly as he already lost his mother and you can see that hurt him so much that he isn't celebrating his Star Day.  Also, consider all the times Littlefoot has defended Chomper from Cera and the others.  Do you realize how much it would pain Littlefoot to find out that, after all he did to stand up for Chomper, Cera had been right????

(BTW, I'm not saying I don't want the plot to go that way.  In fact, it is going to head that way in some way, but this isn't the time for it so soon.   ;)     Chomper has already established that he has been less than honest as he never told them he did try and hunt them in film V and also that he has eaten Flatteth before when they last met (the reason for that is the same reason that younger Littlefoot eventually ate foods he didn't like, he got hungry enough, I mean, pretty hungry.  The same thing happened with Chomper and meat.  Chomper isn't afraid to hunt mammals, just Leaf Eaters and Omnivores.  As for hunting Sharpteeth, a more veteran or larger hunter could do it, but he's only just come of age.  He'd be risking quite a bit to hunt a Fast Biter.  One would have to hunt a Leaf Eater first (not that they can't fight back) but you usually don't just attack a Fast Biter, you usually have to deal with a pack if you go for one.  I had thought about adding the Chomper's parents weren't allowed to join Sharptooth communities because of their son's odd behavior (even between Films II and V, he only eats Leaf Eater meat as he kept being fed it.  He is still friendly with Flatteth then too.   I should add that.  It would show what his choices are costing him and how easy it would be for him to turn on his Leaf Eater friends, if only to end the suffering he has to go through for it.

Chomper even feels that he is giving up having a family for his decision to not hunt Flatteth and he is willing to do it, though he is very sad about it  

And, again, what thanks does he get from Flatteeth for making all these sacrifices:  Mostly they avoid him and have shouted their hate at him just cause he's Sharptooth.  

He has practically NO Sharptooth friends and now Andromeda, who appears to be caring, as she risked her neck to help Chomper and he feels strange (in a romantic way) around her yet he has got to be thinking  "As soon as I tell her about my Leaf Eater friends, she's going to dump me."  

Also, considering that if all the other Sharpteeth are hunting Flat Teeth, then Chomper, by going after other stuff, has less to compete with to get it and can get more of it.  He seems fitted to live alone or with Ruby for the rest of his life.  Unlike many Sharpteeth, he doesn't have to share with a pack.  (Though if he joins the Sharptooth pack, he may have to turn on Flatteeth as he would stick out like a sore thumb and be banished from there for his odd behavior or whatnot.  

Also, Chomper has stepped into a hornent's nest of another sort.  Sharptooth packs are won one of four ways.  

1.)  A dominant male takes over, killing his rival and any who stand in his way.

2.)  Inherit it from father who is pack leader.  

3.)  If the child of the pack leader is a daughter, marry daughter and get it through marriage.  (Note, Andromeda is a pack leader's daughter so Chomper might stand something to gain if he marries her.)

4.)  If the daughter doesn't marry, usually some male will take the leadership from her family, barring that she would hold it by force like Queen Elisabeth or whatnot (which doesn't happen often, but could happen.)

Chomper seems likely to lead the pack in the story below due to 3.  While Chomper would certainly make a loving mate, there are others who'd like to wed Andromeda, not because they want to be a good mate to her, but because they might want her father's role as leader.  

The pack leader already gives a good deal of power to his son-in-law upon marrying a daughter and eventually the leadership role itself upon his death or resignment.  (You can, I guess, step down.  Should have mentioned it in the list above.)  Some others might want that and want Chomper out of the way, especially if they view him as a weirdo who they feel doesn't deserve it.

Littlefoot, on the other hand, has a problem of his own.  He is the last of his herd and, I guess, though this is kinda ruined by Topsy having Tria while a grandfather, that Grandpa and Grandma Longneck cannot have kids anymore and that Bron, being single, is also unable to have more kids, that can still procreate.  Hence, Littlefoot is the last hope of his old herd and needs to find a mate.

First, he is like "I'll never marry.  I don't need a girl.", but later, after seeing all of his friends in love, is regretful that he's the only Longneck of his age in the Great Valley.

Then Ali comes and Littlefoot has hope of continuing his herd.  However, he too has a complication: Rhett and all the time he's spent with Ali that Littlefoot didn't have and how he's going to win her heart.  

It will be especially interesting when Chomper and Andromeda cross paths with Littlefoot and Ali and see how things go.  

And, let's not forget Gallim and what he might do to keep the Gang of Five, Ruby, and Chomper apart as their friendship doesn't bode well for his plans.  

I've only gotten started on this story, trust me.   :D

PS, while Chomper is not skin and bones, he could definitely use a lot of fattening up.  He does come to eat other dinosaurs, but luckily he finds some nice substitutes for Flatteth.   :celebrate  :cheers