The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Batman: The Animated Series

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Feb 6 2010 on  02:59 AM
If it helps, Schumachar has made a commentary for the film where he spends the entirety of it apologizing for the film.
Apologizing isn't good enough!  I want blood!  He effed up up two Batman movies!  The bat nipples were unforgivable, as was the Bat Credit Card!
the Bat Credit Card!  And let's not forget the Robin/Anfred kissing scene.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I remember it and I own a DVD that has five episodes on it which proves my love for that show after all its better than any of the other Batman cartoons (especilly that lame "Batman: The Brave and The Bold" show,what a piece of crap), everything about it is great including apmasphere,something that it did very well unlike other Batman shows which have a knack for being bright and colorful as opposed to the dark and brooding apmasphere of The Animated series.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The animated series of the 90's was great.  No idea how any other recent shows have been.  

Intro of the 90's animates series:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-u07UEDT5I

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
The recent show 'The Batman', as it's called is okay, but it's not as good as the 90s series from Volume 1-3. It's better than the WB years of the 90s animated series which are on the Fourth DVD Volume, though.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I definately remember that intro, heck, whenever I see it I'mlike "oh yeah,this is gonna be awesome" and I always loved the part where you see Batman on a rooftop in the shadows, then Lightning strikes and you see him for a brief second.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thats actually a good thing. although batman forever had a great soundtrack with  songs including Seal-Kiss from a Rose and U2- Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss me Kill me. the movie itself wasn't that great, but it was ten times better than Batman and Robin. B &R kiled the Batman series for nearly a decade
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I found Volume 3 on DVD finally!   :D  Now I have the complete collection!   :birthday  I haven't watched any of it yet but I
m sure looking forward to it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I hope you have fun watching all those episodes.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
what is your favorite episode in this series F-14 Ace?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not really sure.  There are so many that I love.  
I'd have to say "Heart of Ice"
"Heart of Ice" takes the cake though.

It was tragic and depressing but very well written.  It completely redefined the character of Mr. Freeze, unlike the horrible version shown in Batman and Robin.

"Think of it Batman, to never again walk on a summer's day with a hot wind on your face and a warm hand to hold. Ohhh yes... I'd kill for that."

"The Man who Killed Batman" was another one I really love.
This scene is my favorite part of that episode.  Again, Mark Hamil is such a great Joker, second only to Heath Ledger

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Heart of Ice, great episode.  Though the 2nd I won't watch since it has her in it.  I hate Harley Quinn as much as I do Joxer from the Xena series.  

I guess the series stopped since the main person either got bored, or they ran out of ideas.  Or maybe some of both.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh man! "Heart of Ice" was a brilliant episode.  Whoever wrote the story for Mr. Freeze MUST be given a freaking award!  They so deserve it. :)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Feb 21 2010 on  09:48 PM
Oh man! "Heart of Ice" was a brilliant episode.  Whoever wrote the story for Mr. Freeze MUST be given a freaking award!  They so deserve it. :)
^
"Heart of Ice" got an Emmy Award for best writing.

Oh yeah, I also love "Joker's Favor".  The ending is pretty funny and ironic.  I know Kor wouldn't like it though because it has Harley Quinn in it. :DD

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
hEart of Ice was a very good episode. mine would either be the episode with the grey ghost or the Episode where Harvey becomes two-face.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Grey Ghost one was good.  The 2 face ones tended to be also.  I don't recall how quick they made harvey into 2 face.  I think there were some episodes before they did that.  

It wasn't as rushed I think as it is with the pre crises superboy, turning him and lex Luther into enemies very fast where you only got to see them as friends for a minute or 2 at most.  

Though in those cases I'd wait until season 2 to turn Harvey or Lex into enemies.