The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fact or Crap!

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
correct the writer Dan O'Bannon was originally goin to call it STARBEAST then STAR MEMORY but both titles whernt good enough for the title then while typing Dan desided to name it ALIEN cause of how much the name was used.

fact or crap the design for the alien in ALIEN was created by H.R. GIGER?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
One moment, if my answer was correct it is my turn to come up with the next one:

Fact or crap?
US President Andrew Johnson held a cow on the lawn of the White House to provide him with milk.

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
whaa ta a cow to pravide milk? uh I do recall hering this ate school I'll go with fact?
a cow in the white house lawn where did this come from?a cow!mooo :lol: !

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It is crap. While in fact one US president did keep a cow on the White House lawn it was William Howard Taft who did so, not Andrew Johnson. Your turn pokeplayer.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Fact or Crap:

In the Anime, Sonic X, on episode 77, Miles "Tails" Prower ends up being the one with the hardest decision of his life, killing the one he loves to save the whole Universe from the evil Dark Oak.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't know the game. Somebody who does needs to answer the question.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,May 11 2006 on  09:16 AM
I don't know the game. Somebody who does needs to answer the question.
You don't need to know about the game to answer the question.  Especially when the answer is on a certian website.

Oh, and further more, the Anime, Sonic X, doesn't have much to do with the game.  It only has the charcters related to the game in it. :)

Tinysaurus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Crap. I don't think a children's show would have more mature theames like Tails killing somebody...

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I'm sorry, but I got a little impatient of waiting for someone to guess it right, so please forgive me.

It is actually a fact.

Here's the lowdown of the whole final battle.  Sonic and Shadow (a black hedgehog that is Sonic's rival.) had transformed into their super forms to face the evil Dark Oak's ultimate form.  He had transformed into a black dwarf star.  What was different about this black dwarf star was that it was about to implode with a force so powerful, it would destroy the whole universe. :o

What was worse, he had created a forcefeild that stops all animal based life forms from attacking him. :blink: Despite this, both Sonic and Shadow tried to attack Dark Oak, but upon touching the forcefeild, they were paralyzed.

That's when Cosmo, a plant based life form that looks more human than plant on the outside, activated her ultimate power.  A power she could only use once.  With her amazing power, she cut right through the forcefield and attached herself to Dark Oak, immobilizing him and deactivating his forcefield and freeing Sonic and Shadow. :wow

Now, it would still require a very powerful attack to finish Dark Oak for good.  However, Cosmo knew that once Dark Oak was destroyed, she would be gone too.  Yet, she was willing to give her life to save everyone from the evil.

She then told the one she loved, Miles "Tails" Prower, to use the Power Cannon on Dark Oak.  Tails couldn't do it, for he knew that the blast would destroy Cosmo as well, and he loved her too much to do that to her.

Cosmo explained to him how it was the only way to defeat Dark Oak.  After that, there was a very tearful goodbye between the two lovers.  Sonic and Shadow entered the Power Cannon while still in their super forms to ensure the blast would finish Dark Oak, for it required someone who could use the Chaos Emeralds, which is what gave them their power.

Then, with one last goodbye, Tails pushed the red button that would activate the Power Cannon, launching the final attack, thus finishing both Dark Oak, and sadly, Cosmo as well. :(

Sonic searched in vain for anything left of her.  Hoping for a miracle of some sort that she was still alive.  Yet, all that remained of poor Cosmo was a small white seed, which he gave to Tails, knowing how much he loved her. :cry2

Here is a picture of the one who sacrificed herself to save the universe.

And here is the love of her life, who had to kill her to save the universe.

And yet, it still qualified for Y7. (7 and older for those who don't know.)

Also, after all this, there are those who belive Cosmo will return.  Most likely from the seed.  I do see that as a possiblity.  After all, she is a plant. ;)

-------

Well, with that explained, it is now a free for all.  The turn goes to whoever can come up with a Fact or Crap! statement first. :^.^:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Fact or crap:

Director Tim Burton, known for his sometimes queer films actually at one time worked for Disney animating cute animals.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That's correct. I don't know the English title of that Disney movie with the Fox and the hound, but he was involved in that one and in "the black cauldron" too.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
^ You bet he worked on the Fox and the Hound and by the Black Cauldron decided it wasn't what he wanted to do....too cute for him I guess. :p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
^ There are some scarry characters in the Black Cauldron though.

The two early reformers John Wyclif (England) and Jan Hus (Bohemia), inspite of the large distance between them) kept an almost constant contact with each other using carrier pigeons to discuss theological questions.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know, I'll just take a guess and say that's a huge piece of crap. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Indeed! It begins with the fact that Wyclif died in 1384 while Hus was born around 1370.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^I recently read on article on them.  I find it interesting that they got charged for the same crime and got the same punishment. (Burned at the stake. Ugh! :blink:)

Anyways...

Fact or Crap!:

In the show, The Powerpuff Girls, there was a time that Blossom (The Red-haired Leader.) got a crush on one of the villians.

I'll accept a guess on this one. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My whole knowledge of Powerpuff Girls is seeing about three or four minutes of them while I was visiting a friend  ;)
My guess is it is crap.

^^I recently read on article on them. I find it interesting that they got charged for the same crime and got the same punishment. (Burned at the stake. Ugh!
Actually Wyclif was not burned at the stake while he was alife. The church would have liked to do so, but Wyclif had very important friends (from the house of Lancaster) who protected him. The very same council that convicted Hus who had been greatly inspired by Wyclif's writings (unlike Wyclif Hus was burned on the stake) did the same for Wyclif. Wyclif was dead for almost 30 years by that time! another 15 years later they actually dug up Wyclif's remains and burned him posthumously about 45 years after his dead.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure I can do this, but the Powerpuff one I believe is fact, and the only reason I have even an inkling of reason to believe its so is because my sisters liked this show so I constantly heard it in the background. ^^  Doesn't she go for that monkey guy?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Malte has it right!  It is crap!

The one that actually got a crush on a villian was Buttercup, the green eyed black-haired member of the team.

There was an episode where a gang who called themselves the Gangreene Gang, (They were basically a gang where all 5 members had green skin.) was causing havoc in Townsville. (Mainly bully related stuff, but rather harsh ways of doing it.) Buttercup had ended up getting a crush on the leader of the Gang, Ace.  Ace knew that Buttercup had gained a crush on him and used that to his advantage.  He invited Buttercup over and had some alone time with her.

Meanwhile, the other members of the Gangreene Gang make a phony phonecall that Buttercup is in danger to her sisters.  Her sisters, Blossom and Bubbles, take the bait and end up trapped under a bunch of car-related junk.  Soon, they are trapped inside the same stuff, this time compacted into a cube, and are about to be dropped into a lava pit.

At this moment, Ace and Buttercup are dancing to some rock music.  In the whole dancing thing, Buttercup punches a wall hard enough to knock it down and sees her sisters about to be dropped into a lava pit by the other members of the Gangreene Gang.

Buttercup figures out what's going on and is both heartbroken and angry at the same time.  She then saves her sisters and beats up the members of the gang that made the phony phone call.  She then beats up Ace for breaking her heart.  Poor guy ended up with a bloody nose for breaking her heart.

The episode ends with Buttercup apologizing to her sisters.

Well Malte, it's your turn. :)

Oh, and thanks for the latter info. :^.^: