The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Into the Black

Serris · 1584 · 101528

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As Marita and Rose finished changing Gittsun's bandages, the sound of a heavy boot step alerted them to the figure that came striding around the corner a moment later.  The tall, muscular Hokkaido wolf glanced at them, hand resting uneasily on the hilt of his sword for a moment before relaxing.  
"Well...what do we have here?"
He said, voice soft, and cultured...

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Gittsun blinked at the wolf, eying his military armour. "A little early for halloween, isn't it buddy? Listen, do you know how far the hospital is? I'm not exactly in dancing shape here," he said, indicating his leg.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we're just taking him to the nearest hospital' marita said ' can you take us there? we dont have a car..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The figure in the coat nodded.
"I can get you there.  Come on.  Follow me."
He said calmly...

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Gittsun stared at the wolf's sword as he lead them down the dark passages. It looked sharp enough to slice through steel.

"So... who are you?" He asked uneasily, holding Marita and Rose a little ahead of him.

-----------------------------------

Marcus reached the end of the alley he'd been following and leaned out cautiously. He looked out into a main street, but at this early time of morning it was deserted. Movement across the street caught his eye. Through a convenience store window, he could see a young human stacking shelves, preparing for the day ahead.

Perfect. He couldn't risk going to a hospital, but it looked like he'd be able to fix himself up DIY-style. He crossed the street, making sure nobody was looking, and pushed open the door while slowly pulling out his revolver.

The man inside heard him and looked over his shoulder. "Oh, sorry sir. I'm not open to customers yet."

Marcus closed the door and flipped the bolt lock shut. "I'm not a customer."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The wolf paused for a moment, then looked back over his shoulder.  
"My name is Kojuuro, and I'm offering to help you.  That's all you need to know at the moment."
He said softly, turning back around, making his way down the street towards the hospital...

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Soon enough, the huge neon sign announcing the city hospital loomed over the group. It wasn't too soon; the new bandage Marita had wrapped around Gittsun's wound was already beginning to soak through.

"I'm not... ow... gonna complain about the morphine, that's for sure," he announced to the others, wincing.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Marie followed Maritas and Rose inside, as they helped Gittsun into the hospital. ' we ned a doctor' Rose said to the clerk ' Hes missing a chenk out of his leg. he'll need a skin graft to repair it i think..
- a couple of doctor, one of which was an anthro eagle and the other a large saint Bernard, came up to them ' wheel him in into Room 107 for surgery' the Saint Bernard sad as he easily picked up Gittsun and laid him on a stretcher..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Just then, a repulsor-ambulance landed and some EMTs wheeled in a Shetland Pony. The pony in question was an Augment mare รณ on her forehead, just below her mane, was a spiraling metal horn. Just like that of the mythical unicorn.

IV tubes ran into her arms and an oxygen mask was placed on her snout. She gave no movement or sound as they hustled the mare into the detox unit.

One of the nurses, a lean Fruit Bat sighed as he adjusted his HMD. "Anne again?"

An Augment orderly shrugged his metallic arms. "Judging from that 'radio horn' implant and her tan coat...yeah."

"What'd she do this time?"

"Looks like she OD but we don't know what."

The nurse sighed. "The doc'll order a full tox screen."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Gittsun stared at the strange pony as she was wheeled past, then groaned as the Saint Bernard knocked his leg. "Watch it will you?! Thanks girls, if it wasn't for you I probably would've died back there."

"And thanks to you too, uh... Kojuuro. Will you guys be hanging around? Maybe I could treat you all to a drink when I'm fixed up?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
sorry, sir' the st bernard whose name was roller said. the eagles name was flightwing. DR Flightwing spoke up' you're lucky it was only a chunk taken out. missing a whole leg, or both legs would be even worse..;' yeah, this operation should only take about 3 hours ' DR Roller said.
_ a drink would be fine Marita said ' solong as its not too alcoholic.;' i could go for a bourbon actually' Marie said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Bourbon? A girl after my own heart," Gittsun chortled. "How about you, furball? You've got 3 hours to spare, don't you?" he called out to Kojuuro as the doctors started to wheel him away.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Kojuuro chuckled a little.  
"Hm.  I suppose I can spare the time.  After all, I highly doubt that the person I'm looking for will go anywhere in that time."
He said, grinning...

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Gittsun snorted. "You sure do love being mysterious. Guess I'll see you all after they slap a band-aid on this, then." The orderlies wheeled him away, pushing the gurney through a set of double doors. Gittsun banged the back of his head. "Watch it I said! I'm not airline luggage," he complained, his voice growing fainter as he was taken away.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Soren rubbed his forehead as he shut down his computer. A sip of his now cold tea and the headache from the pill he took melted away.

Heading up to his guest room, he knocked on the door. "Lily, Axel! Do you want breakfast?"

-------------

Doctor Gibson injected carbizal, a general purpose antidote to most synthetic depressants into Anne's IV line.

-------------

The Human at the store gulped as he laid eyes on Marcus.

"What do you want? The cash? The cigarettes? The drugs? Just take them!" he blubbered out.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
All night Lily had one neverending dream; she was floating in green gel. She could vaguely see dark figures walk past her occasionally, in pristine white rooms outside the gel. She reached out and touched smooth glass...and with a jolt realized her hands were grey and clammy, with six long slender fingers on each hand.

When Siren called in, she awoke in a cold sweat, hyperventilating. Anxious not to let Axel see her like this, she took several deep breaths before she woke him up. "Hey," she smiled at him. "Siren wants us for breakfast. How did you sleep?"

(OOC: Last night, both of her eyes had been normal brown. Today one of them has a red iris. Your call if Axel feels like bringing this up.)

----------------------

Emilena woke up in a similar state; the pressure in her lower body was giving her a stomachache. After attempting meditation for a few minutes, she gave up and mounted Adrian instead; she can't possibly function today in this state. Besides, she thought, panting, he might not even wake up...

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The moment Emilena mounted him, Adrian cracked one eye open, blushing.
"Mmmph...G'morning to you, too, Emilena."
He chuckled softly...

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel stirred,  yawning and stretching an arm out. "Hmn. Breakfast? Wha-" He realised where he was and sat up, blinking. "Oh! Yeah, I slept great. How about you? Are you feeling okay?"

He smiled shyly at Lily - but his smile faltered slightly when he saw her iris. I can't tell her now... she won't be able to deal with it... But jesus, what the hell's happening to her?!

------------------------------------------

Marcus stepped forwards and leveled his revolver at the human's head. "Not them. I need a stitching kit and alcohol. Move. Call for help and I'll break your neck."

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Shut up..." groaned Emilena, not interested in explaining herself.

Thirty minutes later she shuddered, gave a large sigh of relief, and rolled off him when she felt he had also finished. Getting off the bed, she walked to his personal computer and, without bothering to sit down, plugged in the flash drive she had stolen.

The computer blithely informed her the file was corrupted. She cursed. She'd removed the flash drive before it was done converting. With the destruction of the Electric Sheep, all of that data was gone forever.

She walked back to Adrian. "We lost all the data. All we've got is what I can remember...and I remember thinking at the time how odd it was that there were so many references to the city hospital."

----------------------------------

Lily smiled. "I'm feeling a lot better! I think the sleep really helped, I was running on steam near the end there!"

She hugged him. "I know I've said it already, but thank you so much for your help. I think you're the main reason I'm still going at this point. I actually feel like I have a friend right now...and that feeling is so nice!"

She got to her feet and opened the door, smiling at Soren. "Sorry to keep you waiting! We'll come down soon for breakfast!"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian nodded, still in the process of pulling on a new shirt.  Once it was over his head, he looked over towards Emilena, then, without warning, wrapped his arms around her in a warm hug.
"Alright.  Well, it looks like that'll be our next destination, won't it?"
He said softly...