The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Were Chomper's parents originally after him too?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
There is one scene where his mother is tripped and she's staring right at him and Littlefoot.  Also, they don't respond to him and Littlefoot until he starts talking (impressive for a newborn!) to them.  Whatever he said causes them to pause and hug him.

However, what is interesting is that they don't try and hug him until he starts talking.  Did they originally see him as an enemy or just some pest before he started talking to them?  

Also, how did they forget about Littlefoot?  They'd have smelled him if nothing else.  

(I almost would have thought that he'd told them to not hurt Littlefoot, but, if they'd actually been willing to listen, surely he'd have tried to talk to his parents, in private, about that and gotten them to promise not to eat the kids.)  

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
I don't know if anything he said was comprehensible, maybe just recognizable

fanciful_flyer

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://https://reia73.wordpress.com/
I always thought it kinda funny that Chomper helped Littlefoot trip his own parents (though I'm sure at the time he didn't know they were his parents.)
I always assumed that neither Chomper nor his parents recognized each other until that moment toward the end when Chomper decided to talk to them in sharptooth language. His parents' expressions softened when they realized it was their baby, and I suppose from there, they were satisfied and decided not to pay any more attention to Littlefoot. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Chomper put in a good word for Littlefoot, and that had to do with the parents leaving him alone.

Previously, before they recognized him, I'd say that they might have chased him down like they did the others. Carnivores aren't averse to eating each other just because they have the same diet. Um, not sure if this would apply to the LBT universe, but still...  :blink: