The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Regarding ANY LBT 14 Topics

Petrie. · 468 · 71760

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I take that as "Anndi is going to voice her again, probably" :yes She got kinda defensive in that comment which might indicate she's gonna do Cera again...
Inactive, probably forever.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
I can't really say she's definitely going to voice Cera again, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.  ;)

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I really hope they DO acknowledge that Chomper and Ruby were there or else explain why they aren't.  Otherwise, I'm going to miss those two.  

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
This is some really exciting news if it's true.  Until I hear anything official however, I'm not going to get my hopes up.  This still could be a hoax.  Unlikely with all the evidence, but any number of things could happen that makes Universal scrap the movie before it's released.

One thing's for sure though.  I'm going to actually buy this next movie.  I normally pirate movies before I buy them because I don't want to waste money on crap movies.  Unfortunately I only buy like 1 movie a year because 99% of them are so terrible I wouldn't buy them even if they were $1.  But I want to support the series.

I just hope they release it in Blu-Ray (1080p) quality.  Maybe even 4k later on.  But I'm betting it's just going to be a crappy DVD.  But if they release it in Blu-Ray or 4k, it will be the FIRST movie in decent quality.  DVD's were acceptable in 2005 and even in 2007 when LBT 13 was released.  But come on Universal!  It's 2015 now!  You've gotta keep up with the times!

LOL.  I just had a thought.  If they actually release this movie on Blu-Ray, I'll actually have to install a Blu-Ray player in my computer.  Maybe I can buy it digitally somewhere though.  But if it's DRM infested, I'll pass.  I want to actually OWN the content that I purchase.  *Sigh.*  It's so much easier to pirate than to buy legitimately.  

So I basically have two choices:

1.  Buy the Blu-Ray and a Blu-Ray player and rip it into an MKV file.
2.  Buy it digitally and remove the DRM (not an easy thing to do, let me tell you!)

I can't wait to get new screenshots and design new images for thelandbeforetime.org and here on the forums.  That is, assuming the quality is better than a DVD.  Otherwise we're stuck in the early 2000's with the quality of images we can have.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I hope they still make DVD versions as I don't have a Blue-Ray player on my computer or at home!  Maybe Chomper has one.......

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether,Mar 29 2015 on  06:53 AM
I hope they still make DVD versions as I don't have a Blue-Ray player on my computer or at home!  Maybe Chomper has one.......
If you are referring to me the answer is no. I do not have any Blue - Ray.  Also the more time that goes by the more excited I get for LBT 14  :)
Life Is Good

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I've been looking at the Twitter accounts for the voice actors recently. Felix, Rob and Anndi tweet regularly, and Aria tweets sometimes. Couldn't find a Twitter account for Jeff though. None of them have been talking about the movie recently, but Anndi just mentioned she works a lot from home here: http://www.anndi.com/blog/?p=419.

I'm inclined to think that Anndi's voicing Cera again because there wasn't another new actress in that picture with Felix, Aria and Jeff (the rest of the speaking GoF), so I'm guessing she probably sent in at least some of her lines from home. And I agree with Ducky 123's take on that other Anndi post too.  :)

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: AllegroGiocoso,Apr 13 2015 on  11:15 PM
I've been looking at the Twitter accounts for the voice actors recently. Felix, Rob and Anndi tweet regularly, and Aria tweets sometimes. Couldn't find a Twitter account for Jeff though. None of them have been talking about the movie recently, but Anndi just mentioned she works a lot from home here: http://www.anndi.com/blog/?p=419.

I'm inclined to think that Anndi's voicing Cera again because there wasn't another new actress in that picture with Felix, Aria and Jeff (the rest of the speaking GoF), so I'm guessing she probably sent in at least some of her lines from home. And I agree with Ducky 123's take on that other Anndi post too.  :)
It's possible  :exactly
Life Is Good

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
According to Linkedin, this animation production checker started her work last September and ended this February.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/teri-mcdonald/9/1a6/220

Seems like some progress is getting made! It also seems like most of the movies she worked on have 2D animation. :D

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: AllegroGiocoso,Apr 15 2015 on  08:05 PM
According to Linkedin, this animation production checker started her work last September and ended this February.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/teri-mcdonald/9/1a6/220

Seems like some progress is getting made! It also seems like most of the movies she worked on have 2D animation. :D
Fantastic news  :)
Life Is Good

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
^

Oh so it looks like it is stilling going to be mostly 2D animation.
Thank God for that.

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
So the film is retaining it's 2D animation, that's really cool. Not a lot of shows or animated movies are doing that these days.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well spotted!  :exactly That's definitely good news!

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Interesting to note that a new "Curious George" movie is about to be released straight-to-DVD in a couple of months that this checker appeared to have worked on as well. That being said, I wonder if that DVD in particular will come with a trailer for the new LBT movie...? Depends on if its ready, I guess, though I have my doubts.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Anonymous Person,Apr 16 2015 on  02:52 PM
Interesting to note that a new "Curious George" movie is about to be released straight-to-DVD in a couple of months that this checker appeared to have worked on as well. That being said, I wonder if that DVD in particular will come with a trailer for the new LBT movie...? Depends on if its ready, I guess, though I have my doubts.
It's highly possible...... but of course I wouldn't be surprised if there was no trailer
Life Is Good

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
https://www.facebook.com/FelixAvitia?fref=ts

Don't know how to say this..... When you click on the link there should be a thing called "posts to page" and there was a person who mentioned how excited he was for LBT 14. Naturally there were comments that came along with it. The point I'm trying to make is we might get more info in the summer.

Sorry I can't directly give you the info. Just click the link and go on from there
 :)
Life Is Good

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Took me a bit to find it but now I did. Allow me to quote what has been said :)

User:
Felix Avitia You know, I am REALLY excited that a new Land Before Time is coming out later this year (or perhaps going to be released early next year)! I am saying this, because ALL of the Land Before Time movies and the show have been a HUGE part of my childhood! However, I do have a few questions for you: Is the new LBT movie going to be 2D or 3D animated? How long is the movie going to be? And lastly, do you want to tell us any more details of the plot and characters of this new Land Before Time movie?

Felix Avitia:
Hi! I can't really say anything more about the plot but I really like the story! They are still animating right now and I may do some ADR later this year when they finish it. So excited about LBT 14 and can't wait to see it too!

User:
Felix Avitia: Me neither!

User:
Felix Avitia: Could you please tell me what animation technique is being made for this new LBT film? Is it going to be similar to the older sequels or the newer sequels of The Land Before Time series? Or is it going to be 3D animated, like Toy Story?

Felic Avitia:
I'm not sure. I will ask if and when I see them again. It was originally planned to go straight to DVD.

User:
Felix Avitia: What animation studio is making the new Land Before Time movie? Besides, are you 100% sure that the new LBT film is coming out?

Felix Avicia:
Universal Animation was the production company. I was told they are drawing it frame by frame. Yes XIV will be coming out at the end of this year or early next year. That's all I know so far. Hopefully summer I will know more.

User:
Felix Avitia: Thanks!

Definitely going to keep an eye on his facebook page ;)

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Same here. With the movie's potentially serious tone, I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least one slow song in the mix. But, considering the styles of music that vary, you never know what to find.  :yes

I'm also hoping for completely different songwriters than the two cabaret girls that we've had in much of the movies, but as long as Ms. McBroom's lyrical content doesn't further degrade, I wouldn't mind having their company again.