The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Wisdom teeth taken out...All four of them...

Keni · 30 · 2751

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ugh!  I remember having my wisdom teeth removed.  No fun at all. :(

Hope you get better soon. :)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Why is everyone I know getting their wisdom teeth taken out? In one month, I can count you, my girlfrend, my math professor, my theatre manager, and my friend Dusty. I still have mine  :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe it's a fad.  Everyone cool is having their wisdom teeth taken out.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Feb 16 2008 on  02:42 AM
Why is everyone I know getting their wisdom teeth taken out? In one month, I can count you, my girlfrend, my math professor, my theatre manager, and my friend Dusty. I still have mine  :D
I think it's because back in the prehistoric era (Or sometime that old back then) humans used to have bigger jaws were our wisdom teeth could grow in just fine. But then as we grew and got more sophisticated our jaws began to grow less and less until our wisdom teeth didn't have any room to grow in between our jaw bones and other teeth. The results being inflicting us pain and problems as they try to make room to grow in.

It's what I read in the booklet they gave me and why and how we have problems with our wisdom teeth and why we eventually have to take them out if we suffer problems. Which in my case were annoying little aches and biting my gums.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I heard about that too. I also heard that wisdom teeth were originally designed to replace lost teeth, because back thousands of years ago tooth loss at a younger age was more common.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
I hypervenatlated when I was getting mine out. So much so that they had to switch off the gas and turn on oxygen.
I was so loopy after. I wanted to go to the mall and everything.  :lol

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Four, eh?  Seems to be the average.  I had my four taken out three years ago.  Don't be jealous, but I felt no pain after they were removed :huh:.  In fact, something's up with my pain receptors so that I only feel superficial pain (minor cuts, scrapes) but no deep pain :o.  My dentist has never had to numb me to fill cavities 'cuz I don't even feel the pain :P:.  Just another attribution to my strange self :lol.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That does sound lucky, though it can have disadvantages also I would guess.   Sounds like I'm the only one who still has their wisdom teeth.