The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart by Mumbling

Mumbling · 528 · 57628

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's great to see another person trying to make a drawing for all the showcases! It's a fun theme that you're going for and it looks like Tickles may have helped Littlefoot and Cera by averting Sharptooth's eyes, whether intentional or not. As for him looking cute, I think part of it might be that his mouth curls up a bit so it makes him seems a little on the happy side. Most of the time angry sharpteeth have it's mouth curl down. It looks great though and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with the rest of them!  :)littlefoot

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks for the kind words, everyone!  :)petrie

It's great to see another person trying to make a drawing for all the showcases! It's a fun theme that you're going for and it looks like Tickles may have helped Littlefoot and Cera by averting Sharptooth's eyes, whether intentional or not. As for him looking cute, I think part of it might be that his mouth curls up a bit so it makes him seems a little on the happy side. Most of the time angry sharpteeth have it's mouth curl down. It looks great though and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with the rest of them!  :)littlefoot

I did intend for Sharptooth to look directly at Tickles, as I thought it would make the drawing a bit more interesting. Cera and Littlefoot are supposed to be side characters in this adventure ;)

Oh yeah, that could be it with the mouth. Then again  :evilsmile looks bad-ass while also smiling, so I'm not sure :P I'll see if I can change the sketch a bit to fix the mouth.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That is true, I should also mention that  :evilsmile has angry looking eyes. Your Sharptooth drawing has the more neutral/normal eye expression, which I think helps towards the more general happy look instead of an evil happy. Who knows though, maybe Sharptooth is just a really big fan of small furry animals?  :PCera

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
*ROARS*
*GROWLS*

Who's a cute, little Tickles? Yes! You are! Good boy!

Edit:

Not sure how much longer the original photo will stay up - but I have revised the drawing a bit. Even with the "mean" mouth and eyes, i still think he looks a bit on the cutesy side... But definitely an improvement. I also cleaned up the lines a bit.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 02:49:35 PM by Mumbling »

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I had some issues with Sharptooth's bad eye - just couldn't get it to look right. Almost seems like it is a pupil haha. And for some reason every time I draw a sharptooth they just come out kind of cute. Oh well  :PCera

When I saw the first version of the drawing, I was going to say that Sharptooth doesn't look menacing enough and that it should better match the mood of the original scene. But, upon seeing the revised version, I actually think the cute angle works a little better. :p I guess because it's already kind of a silly concept. Regardless, I do forward to seeing what adventures Tickles gets himself into next.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
^Who would’ve thought? Tickles being on good terms with Sharptooth of all characters...

Yep yep yep, I’m already loving Tickles’ adventures already! :duckyhappy

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I wonder what kind of adventures Tickles will find himself in. :chompysmile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Tickles decided that those thorny brushes were way too dangerous, and decided to look for another place to stay. After a while he found a couple of other dinosaurs who were foraging for food. Although their taste was quite different from his own, he decided to hitch a ride with the two odd brothers. They never quite seemed to be able to agree on what they should have for dinner, but Tickles didn't care. It was much easier for him to catch insects while on the back of one of these dinosaurs than it was from the ground, and since the brothers didn't seem to care for insects, he could eat as much as his tummy desired. As long as they weren't fighting, Tickles was perfectly content here.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Tickles was everywhere! :D

Love this picture! ^^
Judging by eyes and face expressions, for some reason, Ozzy is for green leaves, and Strut is for egg though? o_0
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm! It's quite hard to distinguish these two without colors, however note that Strut has a dark area around his eyes and Ozzy does not. That should help :D

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I won't lie. I thought Strut was the one holding the egg up as well. If it is Strut on the left and Ozzy on the right, it is certainly a role reversal of what we expect from them indeed!

I like the juxtaposition between eggs and greens. Left eggstealer has a very Ozzy-like calculating face if it is Strut, and right eggstealer has a whimsical expression befitting of Strut, but seemingly is Ozzy.  Regardless, you capture the dynamic between the two eggstealers well! :^^spike
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I figured it was pretty easy to distinguish the two brothers from each other despite the fact that they look very identical. The one on the left is undoubtedly Strut, and the way he is reaching down to snatch those treestars speaks for itself. His eager look only proves to reinforce it all as he was always quite drawn to anything else other than eggs like his brother. Now, Ozzy on the other hand, is even easier to discern, and I don't think I have to mention much besides his grand obsession with eggs, and by the looks of things this poor fellow hasn't had one in a while. He'll be sure to enjoy that one and I don't think he has to worry about the gang ruining his dinner for him yet again. That is if unless the egg happens to belong to one of their family members again :p

Curiously enough, neither of them seem to be having trouble with sharing this momentous moment together, as in the past, they haven't exactly been on the best of terms when it comes to consuming their food, in the worst case scenario being at each others throats foe eating the ''wrong'' food, although that is mostly due to Ozzy's rather dismissal behavior towards his brother. That and Tickles seems to have a very grand time riding on Strut's back without a care in the world. I think you sell yourself a bit short on your ability to make them discernible from each other, as I had no such problems and your added detail on their figures also proves to lessen the weight of that tremendously. :yes

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, I agree it's quite a good picture. As others have pointed out, the two look very similar and to be honest, Ozzy's expression looks more fitting for Strut. Despite that, it's good to see some art about this duo as they were quite amusing characters and the drawing itself is quite solid. And of course, Tickles is clearly the ultimate villain as he's seen with the bad guys far too often... :bestsharptooth

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Seems like these two have started to get along with each other! Maybe Tickles had something to do with it? :p (Unless Ozzy was trying to stomp on the treestars but got distracted by the egg)

The characters all seem to be drawn well and the expressions look nice. A small nitpick that I might say is that when you're shading I find it looks better when the pencil strokes are all consistently in one direction. I see that there's a couple angles done to shade Strut's back. Otherwise great job! :smile

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
And so the Tickles Saga continues. I don't have any major critiques with this one. It looks great. I especially love Ozzy's excited/deranged expression there. Seems he's quite happy indeed to finally have his long-awaited egg supper.
:PAli

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I, too don’t have any critiques to put forward on this drawing. The more you have done, the better you have gotten, and the less I have to say about it negatively and more towards a positive assessment each time. Great job! Tickles seems to be very content with his two new friends right now. Hopefully he will return to his love interest pretty soon. ;)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Ozzy is in “eggstacy” and doesn’t notice Strut grabbing some leaves or Tickles. :D

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Great art, Mumbling! You've got a lot of fun ideas here! :duckyhappy I'm looking forward to seeing what else Tickles will get into. :lol
P.S.: Guess we're part of a select few who can tell Ozzy and Strut apart by their eyes. :OzzyAngry I instantly knew who was who.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks for the comments everyone! I can confirm that Ozzy has this expression because he is finally going to devour that egg, and therefore doesn't even notice Strut. Exactly what Gentle Sharptooth said! :)

I wanted to make something for the Dil & Ichy showcase, but my thumb has been acting up again (too much gaming in home quarantine, whoops! :P ). Rest assured I'll still make the piece when my thumb is back to normal.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Made a lil' something for the fanart prompt Crossover:

Screenshot taken directly from the game Stardew Valley. Tried to put Petrie, Ducky and Spike into the scene in the game's style. Think I did an alright job, though it could have been better.