The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Dragons Reign

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, this is one of the reasons why "Journey to the Island" Is taking long.. I've been doing this story for a while and im pretty proud on how it's turned out.. So far i have 8 chapters. Going to try throwing a whole bunch of creatures into the mix, but enough about that, here is chapter 1!

Be warned! there be goof-ups ahead probably!

Chapter 1
A long time ago, in a world called Enfilioth, lived the greatest, wisest and mightiest of all creatures: Dragons. Long ago, Dragons and Humans lived together in peace, but the humans became jealous of the Dragons greatness and began to kill off the Dragons. As the Dragons began to die out, the Humans became proud and began to hunt all the other creatures close to the brink of extinction. Unicorns were hunted and killed for their magical horns and Blood. Gryphons were slaughtered for their hide and the Dragons were slayen for their scales and their treasure..

As these creatures went closer and closer to extinction, the world began to wither and die. Many of the surviving creatures have searched for good humans, but there were none. Some have began to live in peace with the Elves, some have went into the mountains to search for gold with the Dwarves while others have gone to the Orcs to battle against the humans..

"Another day in Isira, another gang of adle-minded fools arrives.." Mumbled a silver haired man, looking at the five mercenaries that have just entered. "We're gonna be rich!" Laughed one of the mercenaries. The mercenaries dragged a large bag, and by the sound and sight of it, it must have had something inside it. They dragged the bag over to a cart and lifted it up onto the cart. The Silver Haired Man stood up when he saw the bag being torn open to reveal a Dragon. It had blue scales with green markings and had a mane of purple fur. It tried to fly away, but the mercenaries held it down. "Dont let her escape!" Cried out the mercenaries..

The Dragon clawed and slashed at the mercenaries. They dodged the leathel claws of the Dragon, but one of them was not so fortunate. The Dragon slashed upwards at the man, sending him flying backwards. The man wriggled and screamed as the scars began to bubble and melt through his skin, and soon the man was dead.. The Silver Haired Man watched with interest as the gang of four now, struggled to keep the Dragon from escaping. Many other citizens gathered around to watch, unfortunately the mercenaries weren't too happy about that..

A Child went to get a closer look at the Dragon, but the Dragon slashed upward like before and missed the child. "Back off kid! This isn't a petting zoo!" Barked one of the mercenaries. The Child backed away when the Dragon roared threateningly at the mercenaries. Finally, the Dragon began to tire and the mercenaries were able to tie it up with rope. When the Dragon was tied up good, the mercenaries began to get ready to leave..

"Humans and their useless items.." The Silver Haired Man mumbled to himself. "You say something?" Growled one of the mercenaries. The Silver Haired Man did not reply. "You better scram, otherwise ya' might get hurt. Catching Dragons is a hard buisness.." The mercenary said. He was about to go get some provision's when he heard a voice..

"You filthy humans. Always trying to stur up trouble with my kind.." The Mercenary turned around and glared at the Silver Haired Man. "Alright, Listen you!" Growled the Mercenary. He walked over to the Silver Haired Man, Drew his dagger, and was suddenly sent flying backwards onto the cart, ontop the Dragon. The Dragon Began to struggle again and snapped it's jaws trying to cut the rope, but bit onto the mercenaries arm. The Other mercenaries ran to where the cart was and began to try and help their fellow mercenary, but the mercenary's arm was ripped off compleatly.

"Healer! We need a healer!" Yelled one of the mercenaries. Some of the citizens went over to help, while others fled away from the Dragon..

When everyone was gone, the Silver Haired Man walked over to the cart to get a closer look at the Dragon..

"Stay back you filth! Or you might meet the same end as that one there!" Growled the Dragon. The Silver Haired Man looked down at the dead mercenary to see that his whole skin had turned a sickingly green color and his scars were so bubbled up that the Silver Haired Man could not tell if there were any scars. The Silver Haired Man looked back at the Dragon and shook his head. "I do not recall seeing a Dragon like yourself." The Silver Haired Man said. The Dragon snorted and growled at the Silver Haired Man. "I highly doubt you have even seen a Dragon!" The Dragon said. The Silver Haired Man shook his head and walked up to the cart. He pulled out a dagger and approached the Dragon who struggled even harder. The Dragon prepared for a blow that would end it's life but it never came, Instead the Dragon felt that the ropes had been cut. It looked at the Silver Haired Man with surprise. "I am a Dragon.." The Silver Haired Man said. The Dragon laughed at what the Silver Haired Man said and replied: "Sure, I've heard many say that! And were they Dragons? No! They were nothing but lieing, filthy humans!" The Silver Haired Man looked back up at the Dragon and said. "Then why am i releasing you?" The Dragon did not say anything after that. instead it stared at the Silver Haired Man, who turned around and began to walk away. "I am leaving this city, i am taking a boat to the isle of Dorithis. If you wish, you can come.." The Silver Haired Man said. The Dragon thought for a moment and turned it's head to look at a small bag next to it. It ripped the bag open with it's teeth, and a gray cat with blue bat-like wings came out. "What happened? Where are they? Lemme at 'em! Lemme at 'em!" The Cat, slashing at the wind. The Dragon shook it's head and stepped off of the cart and followed the Silver Haired Man. "We are going to Dorithis." The Dragon said, walking away. "Hey! Wait for me!" The cat yelped and ran after the Dragon..

~~~~~~~~
Well, that's chapter 1 so far. How do you like?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Its pretty good.. You've piqued my interest.. :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Here be Chapter 2 then :) And remember: any goof-ups, let me know :)

Chapter 2
The Silver Haired Man walked onto the docks to board a ship, but was suddenly stopped when he felt something rub up against his leg. He looked down to see a gray cat looking up at him. "Me and Krakengard will come with you! but she cant be seen!" A voice said in his head. The Silver Haired Man knew that this voice belonged to the cat. "Krakengard? It really is an unusual name for a Dragon." The Silver Haired Man replied. The Cat mewed and ran off over to where the Dragon, Krakengard, was hiding..

Krakengard peaked her head out from behind a pile of boxes.. The Cat slowed down and stopped infront of Krakengard. She looked down at Krakengard's hands, them up at the Dragons face and gasped. "You have feathers all over your face!" The Cat said. Krakengard only replied with a snort..

The Silver Haired Man walked up to both the Cat and Krakengard, who waited for his plan..

"I need you to go back onto the cart and pretend your dead." Said the Silver Haired Man, looking up at Krakengard. "you keep an eye out and make sure the mercenaries dont come back." Said The Silver Haired Man, now looking down at the cat. "Oky Dokes!" Said the Cat, smiling..

A few hours have passed, and the mercenaries had returned. "Close call, Dulch. Shame we can't re-attach your arm." Said one of the mercenaries. "Dont worry, Filt.. Im used to it.." The mercenarie called Dulch replied. They went to go to where the cart was, only to find out that it's gone..

The Silver Haired Man led a horse dragging the cart onto the ship. As the ship began to set sail, he could hear the voices of the mercenaries yelling out things like "Hey! Wait!" "Thief!" And "He stole our boat!"

The Silver Haired Man led the horse dragging the cart down below the deck. He looked around to make sure nobody was there and took the large sheet covoring the Dragon off. "It's safe.." The Silver Haired Man said..

The Dragon stepped off of the cart and shook it's head. "About time im able to walk around.." The Dragon mumbled to itself. The Cat hopped off of the cart and climbed up onto the Dragon and sat on the Dragon's back. The Silver Haired Man noticed that the Cat's bat-like wings were back. "Shall we introduce ourselves?" The Cat said, stretching. The Dragon looked at the cat, then back at the Silver Haired Man. "Let him introduce himself first, then i will tell him my name.." The Dragon said. "My name is Eldaro. And i suppose you are Krakengard?" Eldaro said, bowing. "How do you know my-?" Krakengard began, but was interupted by the Cat. "I told him, sorry about that." The Cat said, itching it's ear. Krakengard growled at the Cat, but the Cat ignored it. "Thanks for letting us come with you Eldaro! My name is Babidi!" Babidi said, smiling. Eldaro bowed again..

It was night now and the moon shone brightly. Eldaro walked back up onto deck to watch the moon..

Krakengard slept peacefully behind a few boxes. She was not large like many other dragons, but not small enough to be the size of Babidi. She was about the size of a row boat and as tall as a human. Another strange thing about her was that she had ears shaped like that of a cat and she had pads on her feet. Her coloring was very unusual as well. She had blue scales with green markings and a purple underbelly along with purple fur on top of her head, all the way to her tail.. Babidi was more unusual though. She was, of course, A Cat with gray fur that made her look like she had to many mice, yet she had grayish blue bat-like wings..

Krakengard's ears twitched and she woke up. She noticed someone walking down the stairs to get something to eat. Babidi sat where she was, watching the man getting an apple out from a barrel. She licked her lips at the sight. When the man was gone, Babidi hopped down off from the box she sat on and went up to the barrel of apples.. Krakengard looked over from the boxes she was hiding behind and shook her head.. "You really are strange.." Krakengard mumbled to herself. Babidi looked back at Krakengard and pouted. "When you gotta eat, you gotta eat." Babidi said before trying to climb up into the barrel..

Eldaro leaned over the railings, watching the moons reflection in the deep water. The moon had an unusual blue aura around it, and it seemed to have a strange shadow that made the moon almost look like it had a face that looked like a Skull..

"It has never changed.." Said a female voice. Eldaro turned around and saw a woman walking over next to him. "Aro." Eldaro said. Aro had long dark hair and wore what looked like traveling clothes and had a quiver full of arrows worn on her back along with a bow. "Once every month, the moon will have a strange shadow and it will have a blue aura around it. When the aura turns red, it will mean that this world will soon come to an end." Aro said. She too leaned over the railings to watch the moons reflection. "It has had that shadow for more then 13,000 years." Eldaro said, looking up at the moon. "Ten years after the humans began to kill off Dragons.." Aro said, looking up at Eldaro. "Maybe one day, we will be reunited as friends once again?" Aro said. Eldaro looked over at Aro and shook his head. "The Humans have a great fear of Dragons, but it was not fear that turned them against us. I am not sure why, but all of a sudden they just began to slay my kind." Eldaro said, looking back down at the reflection of the moon. Aro put a hand on his shoulder and replied. "One day, they will see." Eldaro looked back at Aro and smiled..

Both Aro and Eldaro walked away from the railings to go below deck to check up on how Babidi and Krakengard are doing..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S: Yes, Babidi is named after the Character from Dragon Ball Z. Krakengard though is a mix of the creature from Pirates of the Caribbean and the game Drakengard

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice work.. keep it up..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Chapter 3:
Krakengards ears twitched when she heard the sound of someone coming down the stairs again. Babidi turned her head to watch as another stranger walked down the stairs and into the storage(Babidi had given up trying to go into the barrel full of apples). A Woman with long black hair and travel clothes looked over at the Gray Cat, then over at Krakengard..

Krakengard growled and hissed at the Woman as she walked closer. "Do not worry. I am a friend of Eldaro." The Woman said. Krakengard's hissing stopped briefly when she heard the name of Eldaro being spoken. "What makes you think we're his friends?" Krakengard growled at the Woman. The stranger did not reply, instead she walked closer and closer to Krakengard, who began to hiss and growl again..

Babidi noticed something strange about the woman. She imedietely ran over to Krakengard and pawed at the Dragons tail. "What?" Krakengard growled at the cat. "Dont attack her, she's an elf!" Babidi mewed. Krakengard looked over at the stranger and saw that she had pointy ears. "An elf, are you? Forgive me then.." Krakengard said, growling and hissing no more. The She-elf bowed and said "My name is Aro, an Elf of the Forest of Eivol. I have traveled far and wide on both sides of Domdula, Bithikus and Goriseus." Babidi and Krakengard exchanged looks, and Babidi walked over to Aro and bowed. "Pleasure to meet you, Aro! My name is Babidi!" Babidi said with a smile. Aro and Babidi looked over at Krakengard, who walked over to Aro. Krakengard sniffed Aro to see if she could catch the scent of Dragons Blood. Sensing none, she held out a claw and said. "My name is Krakengard." Aro shook hands with Krakengard, and noticed that Krakengard had pads on her hands and that Krakengard's grip was very fragile. From what Eldaro had told her, Krakengard's claws were full of a strange kind of venom that would kill a human instently..

Eldaro walked down the stairs to see Aro and Krakengard both shacking hands. Aro, Babidi and Krakengard looked over at Eldaro. "I see you have introduced yourselves?" Eldaro said, looking at the three who nodded. "We should rest up. tomorrow we arrive at the isle of Dorithis.."

Meanwhile, in the city of Dragonsbane, the city of Dragon Slayers, a tall man with long black hair watched Eldaro, Aro, Babidi and Krakengard through a crystal ball he held in his hand which looked like a claw of a dragon. "So. another Dragon.." The man mumbled to himself. "My lord." Came the voice of a young female. The voice was quite yet something about that voice had venom in it. The Man turned around and glared at the girl with red serpent-like eyes. "They will reach the isle of Dorithis tomorrow." The Girl said. The man smirked and looked back into the crystal ball. "Wont they be surprised by the welcome they will get?" The man said, watching the ones in the crystal ball being ingulfed by a strange forboding shadow..