The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart Prompt Challenge Discussion

Ducky123 · 455 · 55870

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Looking forward to seeing what you're gonna post here

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll try and join in on this.
Awesome! :D

By the way, what do you guys think... how long is it going to take you? Should we target late June/early Juli as a deadline? I know I'll need some time to get an idea how to draw my entry since it'll probably take me a few sketches and some frustration until I'll be satisfied :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have a day off this Friday so I'm hoping a can focus on getting it done then so I think late June will work for me. I'm not planning on coloring any pictures or dealing with backgrounds yet so it should speed things up.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's totally fine. The intention of this is to inspire fellow artists to come up with more fanart no matter what quality... and to improve their abilities of course :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Since the end of June is approaching I figured I should bump and see if anyone is still working on this. I really don't want to win by default.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Oh man, been losing track of time! I'll be sure to get something in by next week :D

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
same here, was about to ask but Flathead beat me to it by a few days :p

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Is anyone still working on entries or can we close this round?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am still looking for someone to co-host this with me, now that RockingScorpion is no longer active on the forums. I'm good at getting things started but keeping deadlines and all that is not my cup of tea so I need someone who helps me with that :p

That being said, all this time I was basically waiting for The Lone Dragon to finish the drawing he had started as well as hoping I would perhaps get around to draw something. Now I will put a final deadline that won't be extended:

You have until Oct. 31 at midnight (I will consider Pacific time here) to submit your entries

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
C'mon, forumers pals. I'm still waiting for your awesome arts! ^^
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I will, if you want the adventures of Professor, the stick figure, and Littlefoot, the brownish blob. :p
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
two days left :)

(and I still haven't drawn my entry... typical)

@darkwolf: Well, it would be fantastic to have you on my side, one of the most capable artists of our small community :DD

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@the lone Dragon?  :unsure:  You said you would submit what you've got?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
While we still wait for the last entry... I've been talking to DarkWolf91 about the future of this challenge and she had some pretty good ideas to offer. Let me share them here for discussion :)

Well, I really like the way the Fanfic prompt challenge is set up this year with the prompt list posted in advance. I think we should do something like this starting January, as it allows people to plan in advance what prompts they may want to do, and also we could get feedback beforehand on the list and take member suggestions. Also I think it would be neat to allow some kind of tie-in to the the fanfic prompt challenge in which participants could draw a scene or character from one of the previous fanfic prompt responses. That idea is more of a work in progress though, and it's not too fleshed out. As for awards, I'm not too sure yet. We could do some sort of badges like the fanfic challenge is doing, but then we might overload people's signatures, haha
So, thoughts? :lol Also, I realize we could still get one more prompt done until next year. Are there any requests concerning prompts for this one? For instance, I could picture something winter-related :)

PS: Oh, and one more thing: I kind of lost track of the submission due to... well, the sheer amount of time that has passed :p I remember DarkWolf91 submitting something for sure and I could swear it was somebody else too... Fyn?  :angel

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The fanfiction season 2 format does seem to make a lot more sense from an organizational standpoint. The tie in with the fanfic was something that crossed my mind as well. It could be interesting to see people's interpretations and it might kick me in the butt to start reading some of them.

A winter themed prompt to end 2017 would be cool and can be pushed back to January's prompt if need be.

PS: Oh, and one more thing: I kind of lost track of the submission due to... well, the sheer amount of time that has passed dino_tongue.gif I remember DarkWolf91 submitting something for sure and I could swear it was somebody else too... Fyn?
That would be me. I think you even have it listed in the masterlist topic. :p

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
oh right, now I remember  :angel  :lol

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Any other opinions on the winter theme? If not, I would announce it officially :)

(And I will continue bugging the Lone Dragon to finish his entry so we can finally have a vote!)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, no answer's not a "no"

Seeing as Flathaed has already started working on it, it will now be official: draw something winter-themed :smile

You should have until the end of December (Dec 31th at Midnight Pacific time I'd say). Pls don't make me extend it again :angel