The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Shauni's lbt art

Shauni · 27 · 3991

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Mmmm I agree, Sauni, maybe with some good colouring you'll really see they are not crappy ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
If you are serious about calling your own work crappy Shauni, can you be a little more specific on what part of your work you are not satisfied with?

Shauni

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Aw, thanks everyone. I really appreciate it.  :D

As for coloring, nyer... I'm gonna admit I'm not the best coloring person there is. If I colored the sketches in, wouldn't turn out so well. I've got no sense of shading or lineart style. I've ruined many awesome-looking sketches simply by coloring...And with lack of anything but a crappy trial-over program where I have to screenshot everything I color, and since I only have a mouse to work with, it usually just involves a crappy airbrushing. xD

..Which is quite evident on my Deviantart selections that I've actually taken time to color in.  =P

Why don't I like 'em?

Hrm, dunno.... =x I suppose it's because I couldn't draw them on my own, really. I'm just still a little disappointed in myself that I have to be staring at reference in order to draw anything correctly, meaning I have to print out pictures of the poses I want too sometimes with other art.  :lol

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Maybe you could ask someone to color them for you?

And I use references sometimes when drawing myself. I don't see a problem with it, personally.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You can ask someone else if they'd color your pictures if you'd like.

Also as for needing to use models, many famous artists have had to use models.  One modern one, though likely most here never heard of him since most do not read comics, is Alex Ross, who does photo realistic pictures where his artwork looks like it's a photograph.  He uses models.  I think the guy who does the Dinotopia books uses models also, though I'm not sure.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 There is nothing wrong to use models, in fact you may use models for your drawings but with no doubts your own drawing will serve as models for other artists too ;) .