The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart by Lillefot

Lillefot · 295 · 23459

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
The two facial expression and the action pose are great!

You are very skilled at what you do! I look forward to seeing much more. :yes But do take your time...good art isn't rushed after all.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice drawing, and a good idea to try different poses instead of the more usual static poses many artists stick with.  Practice will help you to get better.  Maybe quick sketches done now and then for practice only will help you get in more practice rather then doing only finished drawings.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Explorer,Sep 13 2008 on  03:00 PM
Neither could I, you did a great job there.

By the way, I usually pay special attention to the background as well.
The background seems interesting, although a little blurry. Maybe you could try using patterns with it instead of a single, wide one.

Nonetheless, awesome job.
Thanks.
Backgrounds are my weak spot. Look back in this topic and you'll see why, and the previous solutions I've made.

Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I like how are you working on your character, I specially like the action pose, it surely will help get better and better.
 I once heard that you should get used to draw your characters, I bet that will sure make it easier for you to draw and to experiment with more poses and expressions :yes .
 Keep up the good job! :DD

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Geez, Gustav, that's incredible, dude... :) I know you showed me the screenshot of your progress on MSN, but seeing it here in full detail? :o :blink: :D Wow! Man... I really need to rethink my GOF burnout... :P: Not to mention catch up on your RP... :blush: *off-topic* *on topic* But this is really cool, dude... :)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We all look forward to your next drawing, when you have the time to do it, no need to hurry.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I agree with Kor, take your time, we can all wait until your next pic no matter if you said it will take more time than expected and no matter what other people may say :yes .

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Very nice pictures and great expressions of Blueberry mate ;-) Keep up the good work :)

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Edit: The post above is by me (Nimrod). I was logged in as Malte. :bang  :bang  :bang

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ Not like my own opinion was grossly different from that expressed by Patrick under my account name anyway :p
Great job Gustav; I certainly wouldn't want to quarrel with that Blueberry about a free parking lot ;)
Is Blueberry of the same age as the gang? If you draw her into this posture I'm quite sure that you have a story in mind to which that picture is linked?
As for the hopefully constructive criticism I think the "hunchback" which you mentioned could be mended by turning the back into a somewhat wider bow and let it make it one line with the tail rather than letting the back disappear beyond Blueberry's thigh. The expression is just excellent Gustav :yes
Have you thought of making a version of this drawing with a complete background landscape? I'm sure that would look marvelous.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you all!

Malte, Yeah, I see your point here. I'll think about that next time something like this comes up! Thank you!  :)
Maybe I will. I have to practise my backgrounds though.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Everyone needs practise, take your time Gustav. I'm sure you'll be able to create nice backgrounds in notime :)

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
great work!
I especially like the the Blueberry one, really cool.
Keep up with the good work

Ozymandias

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Very well done.  You even got her colors down pat  :D

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Blueberry is a male, and I've told you so. Need more? Check the RP "Dawn".
----------

Thanks for all the good comments!  :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Can't offer any suggestions to have him look more male.  He looks similar on coloration to Ruby's father.  

For those who may not have seen the tv series to refer to you can see Ruby's father (and her family though her siblings are not as clearly seen) at a screenshot at: http://landbeforetime.wikia.com/wiki/Image..._%26_Family.jpg

Her father's head fin (or whatever you call that) is a bit larger then her mothers and slightly differently shaped.  Though you could not tell since in Littlefot's picture his character's head is almost straight on shot so at that angle the exact size and shape would not be clearly shaped, and also the head fin may have some individual shape and size differences so all adult females fast runners may not have head fins of the same exact shape and size as Ruby's mother, nor males the same exact size & shape as Ruby's father, since we've seen only 5 fast runners I think, 3 of them not adults yet and only 2 being adults 1 of each gender.  We've not seen a lot of them so really can't tell if there are more then 2 colors, with all female fast runners being pink, and all males blue, or if there are other colors.  

In general most of the dino males seem to be darker then most females, and the shade of Ruby's father and Blueberry are darker then a female blue dino, in my opinion at least.   This is a longer post then I usually do or like doing.  

With dinos the problem is there is no bumps on the chest or other ways to tell apart from the voice, and that males tend to be darker then females.  They are inconsistent as to eyelashes, to bad since that could have been another way to easily tell.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I was bored, tired and didn't have the will to put any bigger work into this peice. lol...
For all you Zelda fans out there.  :lol

http://tinysaurian.deviantart.com/art/Land...-quot-101090552

I like how the hand holding the sword came out.
But the shield's to small I realize now!  :lol:

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Dude, that is possibly one of the best fanarts I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You shuold definitely do more stuff like that!!!!! I love the falling treestars in the background.

Next time, have him play the Orcarina :D  :D  :D  :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is a very good picture, as far the small shield maybe it was designed to be small to be faster to move, or it may be a type of buckler.