The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Outcut land before time scenes

Malte279 · 703 · 175603

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://karmarsi-kedamoki.deviantart.com
I took 3 years of German and we practiced writing letters quite often. I forgot some words but I still got my translator book if that'll help.

Also Adder has a account where you can upload the video, he offered even.

I don't find this all crazy neither, I think of it as a opportunity we all been waiting for <3

EDIT - I checked the page, apparently the move comes on in march! :D 17 or so~ at... 8:15 it seems to say or something like that

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm sorry, but that page refers to 3th July, not 7th March. Dates are written differently in German. Also, I think that page refers to the 2010 airing, the one that we missed. But still, thank you for your kind offers, Adder and Karmarsi!
I'll keep them in mind.

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: jansenov,Jan 7 2011 on  03:29 PM
I'm sorry, but that page refers to 3th July, not 7th March. Dates are written differently in German. Also, I think that page refers to the 2010 airing, the one that we missed. But still, thank you for your kind offers, Adder and Karmarsi!
I'll keep them in mind.
This just proves the fact I never memorized dates in german class, lol! My apologies <3

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ Truth is that I don't watch LBT movies frequently. I am somewhat unwilling to watch them by myself and meetings with other LBT fans to watch them are rare. But I got all the movie's DvDs and I got English and German recordings from the TV episodes so theoretically I could watch them any time without depending on Super RTL with the commercial breaks.
I very rarely do though. They put me in a somewhat melancholic mood which is not the best for me at every time. Also there are one or two TV episodes which I have not seen to this day. It is kind even though I have the recordings. It is a bit like maintaining a few shores yet to be explored. I guess it is almost absolutely certain by now that there aren't going to be any further installments, and yet I got something left that I have not seen yet. There is something pleasant about the thought.

In einem Land vor unserer Zeit- Die Dinos kommen? Would that be the original movie? I haven't head the subtitle "Die Dinos kommen" so far.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Da, Malte, that would be the original movie. And I know about the melancholic mood. Especially when James Horner's score just keeps playing in your head.

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
If there is a different version then that we know then some of the spoken passages should be different and the german voice actors should know something about it. Maybe someone can ask them about it. The best choice for that would be the narrator but if I am right this person (german voice actor of Alec Guinness) is already dead so the actors of the gang remain.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: jansenov,Dec 30 2010 on  06:41 PM
I can clearly remember the scene where Ducky lured Spike with berries and Littlefoot seeing the Great Valley and returning to the Mysterious Beyond to search for his friends. I also remember the battle between Sharptooth and Littlefoot's mother being bloodier and more intense, and the final battle in the movie being longer too, although this I'm not 100% sure. It could be my subjective feeling.
Can you also remember the part when they walk all hungry before the oasis scene, and then Spike suddenly starts sniffing food, runs on top of a hill, where they see the oasis, and then race down the hill for it?

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't remember that, unfortunately. The oasis scene did seem very short when I recently saw the movie on DVD, but I can't remember anything specific. The scenes I remember best is Ducky luring  sleepy Spike with berries, Littlefoot discovering the Great Valley and turning back, and Littlefoot thinking his own shadow to be his mother (a sad scene, indeed). Anyway, is there any progress, Pikkutassu? I hope the PM system is working now.

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: jansenov,Jan 9 2011 on  06:28 AM
and Littlefoot thinking his own shadow to be his mother (a sad scene, indeed).
Isn't that in the cut version, or is that specifically in the uncut? o.O I believe it's in cut version.

I remember ducky luring spike with berries also. Does that make me weird? xD

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: Karmarsi,Jan 9 2011 on  10:15 AM
and Littlefoot thinking his own shadow to be his mother (a sad scene, indeed).
Isn't that in the cut version, or is that specifically in the uncut? o.O I believe it's in cut version.

I remember ducky luring spike with berries also. Does that make me weird? xD
Littlefoot following his shadow thinking that it was his mother was in the final version (right?).

Are you talking about this scene?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Littlefoot and his shadow was in the original version which is on DVD, it's not an outcut scene.

and then Spike suddenly starts sniffing food, runs on top of a hill, where they see the oasis, and then race down the hill for it?
Sounds like the part where they find the sea in LBT 5.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I didn't make myself clear enough. I was talking about scenes I remember in general, not just about the missing scenes. The shadow scene is indeed in the cut version. I'm sorry for causing confusion. Another scene I remember clearly is when Littlefoot gets the treestar from his mom. Also, I remember there was an advertisement for Land Before Time VIII in the middle of the airing. And that's it.
Just bits and pieces.

Adder, I remember that scene very clearly. Actually, it's the one I remember the best from the whole movie.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think scenes in general ought to be an own thread. If regular scenes are discussed here it is bound to create confusion and is very likely to trigger false rumors.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Anyway, is there any progress, Pikkutassu? I hope the PM system is working now.
He went on to check the tapes, but his old VCR didn't work anymore. No news from the other guy.

Blaze

• Ruby
    • View Profile
hey i know as an academic (well atleast i'm supposed to be) it's kind of a taboo to use wikipedia but . . .
i was reading the LBT page on wikipedia and in the 'legacy' section of the page, it states:

"In 2012, The Land Before Time should be released on Two-Disc DVD and First Time Ever High Definition Blu-Ray Disc as the 25th Anniversary Edition with "Back to The Land Before Time" featurette, never-before seen deleted scenes, theatrical trailer and much more."

It does clearly say that "citation needed" but all the same i'm wondering where this has come from? especially considering how the dut scenes are 1) supposed to have been lost 2) Don Bluth has said there is no plans to release any anniversay addition?

this might already have been asked but i was wondering if someone could shed some light here?

Cheers

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Blaze,Jan 20 2011 on  03:12 PM
hey i know as an academic (well atleast i'm supposed to be) it's kind of a taboo to use wikipedia but . . .
i was reading the LBT page on wikipedia and in the 'legacy' section of the page, it states:

"In 2012, The Land Before Time should be released on Two-Disc DVD and First Time Ever High Definition Blu-Ray Disc as the 25th Anniversary Edition with "Back to The Land Before Time" featurette, never-before seen deleted scenes, theatrical trailer and much more."

It does clearly say that "citation needed" but all the same i'm wondering where this has come from? especially considering how the dut scenes are 1) supposed to have been lost 2) Don Bluth has said there is no plans to release any anniversay addition?

this might already have been asked but i was wondering if someone could shed some light here?

Cheers
Firstly, I wouldn't trust wikipedia. There's no telling if it could be real or not. But after I read your post Blaze, I had to look this up for myself. Googled LBT, looked up the wikipedia page, went to the 'legacy' part, and sure, enough, there it was.  So you weren't lying when you said that, (no duh) but nobody knows if it's true or not, but it was there. We're just begining 2011, so there's a long way to go until it might come out. But there's always hope.  :yes

P.S. what does 'citation needed' mean?

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTDiclonius,Jan 20 2011 on  05:38 PM

P.S. what does 'citation needed' mean?
That there is no source marked. I think Don Bluth has stated clear enough that it won't be happening for this to be nothing but someone having super fun time again.

Blaze

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong i don't exactly trust wikipedia. but i find it's a good starting point, because it has links at the bottom of the page so you can follow them to do your own research.

Citation needed basically means that that particular peice of information needs referencing. In other words you need to be able to show your source. some of the sections marked as [citation needed] literally just need a link to the source adding. Others though (and this is why i'm tentative) are snippets of convosation or things that have been heard that might just be rumour. The author might've heard this from a friend, who heard it from some guy etc.

Like you say though, 2012 is a ways off yet but i for one shall be waiting with baited breath.

I can't believe they'd've just thrown away these cut scenes, but then again what do i know. if they'd shown test audiences the initial edit then used their feed back to do some more cuts before the final release surely that means there's the full sequence somewhere. HA listen to me i know nothing of the film industry and i'm making these sorts of judgements!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If Wikipedia was quoted in scientific papers at the university over here that would be so bad a blunder that it might be enough for many professors to consider that papers fail. There is some good justification for it given the mistakes that have appeared at Wikipedia.
However Wikipedia is (and this is recognized at the university) a good source to find quotable source material. Many of the articles there have long bibliographical reference lists and with those it is relatively easy to get the respective source material.
The land before time however is something where one really must be extremely sceptical about what is written at Wikipedia. There have been countless stupid rumors spread there and I'm really wondering if those come from people who consider that funny enough to spend so much time on it or if there are any overenthusiastic fans who believe the stuff they write simply because they want to.
It is pretty much certain that this too is a rumor, there hasn't been any word from any official about any rerelease of the land before time (let alone of that one to include the deleted scenes).