The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Outcut land before time scenes

Malte279 · 703 · 175624

Blaze

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Excatly Malte279, that's just what I mean  :)   it's nice to read it and ponder on the possibilities of it being true but all too often it's a passing remark blown out of all proportion.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yep. Even though Wikipedia isn't always true, I like to think if it actually happened. Or will happen.

Hikaru

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm Hikaru, been an avid LBT fan for years and would love to see the uncut version as well, however...

Now you don't have to believe me on this, but I used to have all the vids in the states here until a family member pawned them on me (yeah huge loss.)

But... I remember distinctly one deleted scene. I can see it clear as day in my head, and maybe my imagination is making it up but I could swear I saw it on TV or the vid I once had...

Does anyone else remember the fight with the mother, where the Sharptooth bit her in the back? In the VHS we see it only shadowed. But I keep seeing this picture in my mind of having seen the actual bite in her back and the damage done. I remember the skin flap being peeled in the bite, and so much more about that scene.

I have a server and would greatly be willing to upload it if someone can provide the uncut film. I would like to confirm if my memory is correct on this scene or if my mind is playing tricks on me. But I could swear I've seen that..

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: Hikaru,Mar 5 2011 on  01:30 PM
In the VHS we see it only shadowed. But I keep seeing this picture in my mind of having seen the actual bite in her back and the damage done. I remember the skin flap being peeled in the bite, and so much more about that scene.
I read on wikipedia some time back that was cut from the movie to give it a G rating instead of a PG rating, I didn't think it was true. At least that was cleared up.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Hi, I'm Hikaru, been an avid LBT fan for years and would love to see the uncut version as well, however...

Now you don't have to believe me on this, but I used to have all the vids in the states here until a family member pawned them on me (yeah huge loss.)

But... I remember distinctly one deleted scene. I can see it clear as day in my head, and maybe my imagination is making it up but I could swear I saw it on TV or the vid I once had...

Does anyone else remember the fight with the mother, where the Sharptooth bit her in the back? In the VHS we see it only shadowed. But I keep seeing this picture in my mind of having seen the actual bite in her back and the damage done. I remember the skin flap being peeled in the bite, and so much more about that scene.

I have a server and would greatly be willing to upload it if someone can provide the uncut film. I would like to confirm if my memory is correct on this scene or if my mind is playing tricks on me. But I could swear I've seen that..
I did read that some of the original VHS copies had scenes that were cut later on. Looks like we may have some proof here.

Now, on to Ebay!

Highsoar

• Big flyer
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Is the sharptooth scene posted early in this thread, theone at

http://mitglied.lycos.de/malte2709/Outcuts...oth%20death.jpg

The same one that was posted here later on? With the sharptooth face?  I tried googling the site but it just says nothing is found.

Edit: OK now I know it isn't. But be careful of that link, it's setting off alarms with the Firefox detection addons.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
^ That's Malte's old website...it shouldn't have any errors, problems, etc. unless the plugin has problems. ;)

Hikaru

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Allicloud,Mar 6 2011 on  03:47 AM

I did read that some of the original VHS copies had scenes that were cut later on. Looks like we may have some proof here.

Now, on to Ebay!
I recently found a 1998 VHS copy at Savers.(Thrift Store) I'll let people know if that one has anything on it. Because I still know I saw that scene. It's too clear to have been my imagination.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
^I think early copies mean the 1980s copies or at most the ones before sequels.

fenroyal

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hey ya'all, I am 99% sure that my original VHS copy of The Land Before Time is the uncut version, because I distinctly remember that exact same scene with the skin torn from Littlefoot's mother's back.  If someone could guide me as to how to share that scene on YouTube or somehow else, I'd be happy to share it with those who haven't seen it.

Also if there are any other scenes that were edited I can try and share those as well, or even attempt to set up a recording process to send VHS copies via mail, though I'm not a technically savvy person.  I also remember that berry scene with Spike!  100% certain of that.  I must have seen it somehow in my childhood...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Could you check the length of the movie on your VHS tape, fenroyal? If it's near 64 minutes, I fear you have the cut version like anyone else. There is equipment for sale online which lets you convert VHS tapes to Digital material.

Also, welcome to the gang of five! :wave

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
There will be a reprisal of LBT 1 on 14th May on Super RTL. They are early this year. I or one of my family members will record it. If there are any missing scenes, you will have them. If not, well, it was worth a try. And I'm afraid I will have to stop searching the Internet for recordings of previous airings, as I will have to terminate my bank account and credit card soon. :neutral

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I will always be amused about how you are more aware of the German TV program than I am ever gonna be :lol

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Sounds like a plan jasenov. :)  We'll be awaiting the day.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That's just two days before my birthday! It would be great if that was actually the uncut version. :DD
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^And one day after mine! Good B-day present if it were to be true ;)

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: jansenov,Apr 11 2011 on  06:05 AM
There will be a reprisal of LBT 1 on 14th May on Super RTL. They are early this year. I or one of my family members will record it. If there are any missing scenes, you will have them. If not, well, it was worth a try. And I'm afraid I will have to stop searching the Internet for recordings of previous airings, as I will have to terminate my bank account and credit card soon. :neutral
Oh awesome! If this does turn out to be the uncut version, you will have the entire LBT fanbase eating out of the palm of your hand.

If it's a German version, just remember to turn English subtitles on, if at all possible.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
^ Subtitles for all practical purposes don't give out the best translations sometimes.  I'm sure a native speaker here can give us a better translation in most cases. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
While I may record it I must caution you against any premature cheers. Don't want to be a kill joy, but there have never been any outcut scenes on the German TV airings of LBT and I don't see any indication whatsoever why this should be different this time.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
If only I could speak German.-_-   Oh well, I'm more focused on learning Japanese and Spanish anyway.