The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rinkus and Sierra's voice actors

Jrd89 · 6 · 1946

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I figured you'd like to see videos of what Rinkus and Sierra's voice actors (Rob Paulsen and Jim Cummings) are up to today.

First,Rob Paulsen. This is a video of him singing "Yakko's World" from animaniacs with one super lucky girl. He starts singing in his normal voice.. but listen to the part where he says "Botswana". He uses his "Rinkus" tone there" !!! :)

You'll love this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdLxo8zISv0

And second, Jim Cummings.. (he of course used his normal tone for Sierra)
In this video, he does his imitations of Darkwing Duck (you'll like that, Ptyra ;)  ) and Winnie the Pooh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgn9k9cuTjM

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Jrd89,Oct 16 2010 on  08:05 PM
I figured you'd like to see videos of what Rinkus and Sierra's voice actors (Rob Paulsen and Jim Cummings) are up to today.

First,Rob Paulsen. This is a video of him singing "Yakko's World" from animaniacs with one super lucky girl. He starts singing in his normal voice.. but listen to the part where he says "Botswana". He uses his "Rinkus" tone there" !!! :)

And second, Jim Cummings.. (he of course used his normal tone for Sierra)
In this video, he does his imitations of Darkwing Duck (you'll like that, Ptyra ;)  ) and Winnie the Pooh.

That's one lucky girl, plus she managed to sing one of the hardest songs ever, Rob stole the show,as always.

As for Jim Cummings, he (briefly) played Scar in the original Lion King, during "Be Prepared", the guy could probably imitate anyone.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
A Jim Cummings update:

In a Best Buy Christmas commercial last year, he played a snowman.

I laughed so hard I almost cried, because the snowman sounds like a nice, more friendly Sierra,

Now, pretend if Sierra said/sung that line. It sounds like something he'd say in a Christmas movie!  :D

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lZybVDju0A

I bet most of you saw that commercial.

And secondly, Jim is playing "Featherstone" the flamingo in the upcoming movie "Gnomeo and Juliet"

Now it's HIS turn to play a pink flyer. Heh heh.  :DD

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
You're going to find Jim Cummings just about everywhere. And he's been with Rob Paulson quite a few times.

I think Sierra's voice is actually based off of Pete's voice...but he sounds more like Negaduck. He uses that voice quite a bit. He was just about everywhere in Darkwing Duck. The duck himself, Negaduck, Herb Muddlefoot ( :wow ), various locals, various one-shots...awesome duuude. With Rob Paulson, he was Steelbeak in DWD . Gotta love how he did the voice :D

Oh, and he was Ray in The Princess and the Frog <3

Apparently he took over Scar in the last bit of Be Prepared because his voice gave out...and he just jumped right in. That man is fricken' amaziiing <3

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I watched the video for Jim Cummings (I watched both of them FYI) and when I saw him as Tigger and pooh Bear I was laughing so hard, I just couldn't imagine, the lazy bear and bouncy (Woot! I made a pun! :D ) tiger I've alway's thought to be layed back, easy-going characters, to be an impatient, vicious, kidnapping, villianous dinosaur. I'll never look at them the same way agin. :lol:

As for Rob Paulson. That was one lucky girl. She was able to sing the whole song AND she met Rob Paulson and he hugged her! That lucky little devil. :lol Yeah, I heard the Rinkus accent in the botswana part.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Rob Paulsen and Jim Cummings are pretty much the A-listers of the voice over industry. It's unlikely to be a cartoon that at least one of them haven't been in either listed or unaccredited.