The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New Guy

Blaze · 20 · 1916

Blaze

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hi there.
My name's Tom and obviously i'm new. i'm 19 (yes LBT is my guilty/secret pleasure) and a fulltime student at uni in England. i've got to say i stumbled across this forum completely by accident. i had no idea there was anywhere near this many people who cared about the Land Before Time  :lol:  

I've read a few posts on here and i won't pretend to be a bigger fan or know more than other people but i'd say that the original film has had more impact on my life than probably any other film i've ever seen!

Anyway i'm rambling, i'll just say hi once more and i hope to chat soon.  :wave

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hi there Blaze! :wave  Welcome to the Gang of Five! Hope you have a great time here! :)

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
:) Sup, dude! Make yourself at home and welcome to the forums!!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome with us Tom! :)
It is always a pleasure to welcome new members to our community.
Please feel hearty invited to join our discussions or start threads of your own :yes
I used to be a fulltime student too (more like half time since I finished my diploma and continue while sending out job applications). Which subjects are you studying?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
welcome tom! Always good to have new posters. You are not the first UK posters here by a long stretch.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Blaze

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Oddly enough i'm studying palaeobiology and evolution. LBT was the door way, as soon as it was open when i was erm i dunno about 4 that's it i've wanted to dig up dinosaurs.
Saddly i have something of an issue getting my knowledge from my brain to my paper. But i figure if university doesn't work out then hell or high water i'm going to keep wprking in this field  :lol:
Thanks for the great welcome guys, i've got a good feeling about this  :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey Tom! Welcome to the forums :) Have fun!

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Hi, Blaze/Tom! Welcome to The Gang Of Five! :smile Don't worry about rambling; we like talkers here. :D

Quote from: Blaze,Jan 19 2011 on  07:51 PM
Oddly enough i'm studying palaeobiology and evolution. LBT was the door way, as soon as it was open when i was erm i dunno about 4 that's it i've wanted to dig up dinosaurs.
Saddly i have something of an issue getting my knowledge from my brain to my paper. But i figure if university doesn't work out then hell or high water i'm going to keep wprking in this field :lol:
Ooooh…Another paleo-science enthusiast! Fantastic! :DD I'm an English major/Biology minor myself; gathering information on prehistoric animals is just my hobby. :p And as the second line of my signature probably implies, I take great pleasure in sharing that information. :yes I'd love a chance to discuss dinosaurs and other paleontological subjects with someone who's actually studying the field as a career choice. :! (And I'm definitely not the only dinosaur nut already present on this forum. I'm sure plenty of other members will love having you here. ;))

Enjoy the GOF! Can't wait to get to know you better! :D

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hello & welcome to the forum.  It seems you have having quite a bit of fun here.  Hope you continue to do so.  Are there any of the LBT sequel movies ones you like more then others?

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I wasn't aware that English universities did  paleo-sciences as a course.  Interesting...I'm at university too. How are you liking your's so far?

Anyway welcome to GOF, it's a good place.:)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Blaze

• Ruby
    • View Profile
hi there, thanks for the welcome. yes there are only a very small number of unis that run this type of course:
Portsmouth (where i am)
Southampton (though i'm not sure if they are still running it)
Leicester
and Cambridge

my course is going very well thank you Saft  :)
it's hard being so far from home but everyone here is very nice and i can't wait to get properly stuck into the course.

erm i think the earlier LBT films (obviously following the original) are better. though they are all very entertaining they just seem to be running out of ideas. perhaps some fan fuelled ideas need injecting  :lol

i would love to discuss palaeontology with anyone that's interested. i love the chance to share ideas and discuss different points of view  :lol:

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
^
Same as my course (doing classical civilizations with modules from archaeology), I love my courses.  It's weird being away from home but I'm not exactly home sick, I just miss a few things.  Are you in a residential hall?  How are you finding that if you are?  Mine isn't exactly great-fire alarms being set off etc..  Anyway, good luck with your course, it's always great when you can follow a subject that you love and enjoy.:)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ Lovely.
I've been to Portsmouth once back in 1998 during an England holiday with my Dad. Interested as I am in history, including maritime history I was extremely fascinated by the HMS Victory. Regrettably the time back then did not suffice to pay a visit to the HMS Warrior and the wreck of the Mary Rose as well.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Hey Blaze, this is not very new at all girl. ^^

But you can just call me Rat Lady. Anyway...welcome to the forums! :wave

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Quote from: Blaze,Jan 22 2011 on  11:29 AM
i would love to discuss palaeontology with anyone that's interested. i love the chance to share ideas and discuss different points of view :lol:
Great! :smile I should let you know that I'm not very good at starting conversations, but feel free to send me a PM anytime you'd like to talk. :) (I'd assume the same goes for other members.)

You should also check out the “Ask Me” section in the Party Room. It's a great place to get to know people by asking them questions, plus you can start your own question thread and receive questions from everyone else! :DD

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.