The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Insane Cafe 2: Rise of the Shurlups

Nick22 · 2097 · 88009

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the rain of mithril; soon spread to the dining room. "Everyone , please stay calm. the pellets falling on you are made of mithril, a very hard and  valuable silver found only in Middle Earth.  please take cover until it stops, as the shards can be very sharp and easily cut through any clothes you may be wearing." Nick's voice rang through the loudspeaker. At his words, the entire dining room took cover.
_
"Youch!" Shaggy said, as he drove under the table- he had gotten clonked on the head by a large chunk. The wuindows imploded as the shards hirt them."Reat, rust rat re reeded" Scooby muttered. "Anyone want to play a game?" Dixie asked. The others shook thier heads. Lilo had gotten a cut on her left arm that was bleeding slightly, Stitch and Angel awere holding onto each other very tightly, both looked a bit scared. it would have been cute, if not for the hailstorm of mithril.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
"I've never seen such a beautiful storm of such." said Aves "Not even the winter storms of Narnia or the crystal showers of the hallow worlc can compare to a Mithril storm!"

He was foolishly using an umbrella which was deteriating from the sharp cuts of the falling Mithril but the fox little realized this and continued his musing of the silver shower

"I thought I'd never live to see it raining billion dollar pellets... Nick, pinch me please."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nick  grabbed Aves by the scruff of his neck and quickly ddragged him undebneath a nearby table,. he then gave himwhat he asked for, - a pinch. On the arm.Hard. "Its great until you find that you've become sliced pastrami. these shards put zebra mussels to shame" Nick said. Aves still held the umbrella oin his paw. it was now utterly useless
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Oh. Pitty" said Aves, looking at the umbrella "This was my granmothers. she's gonna be angrier than an ox when she finds out."

he then returned his glance to the silver storm

"Is it actually lightning in this?" he asked, and surely enough, there was a flash of lightning and thunder behind the heavy downpour of sharp silver pellets

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Once this ends. you'll be abkle tio afford countless new umbrellas. You migght even be able to afford a new skin once she skins off your current one for ruining her umbrella" Nick cracked. As for me, i'll be able to repay the wizard for the money he loaned us. what a wizards gives you, you always repay.. by whatever means possible. otherwise they're liable to curse you.." Nick said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Surely your not referring to Chong. What good is Mithril gonna do him while he's in....."

Aves looked at Nick like he was the dumbest person he had ever met

"......"

"........."

"Fool! Chong would be able to pay his way out of jail! Bad plan! Terrible Plan! No go!"

ooc: take no offense, Nick xD just play along. Aves can be bad tempered at times

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nick rolled his eyes "I'm talking about STRIPETAIL, you silly lummox! besides, Chong, still wouldn't make parole, even if we gave him the mithril. He's pissed them off too much already, and its not even been a year in cpativity." Aves was in one of his moods, and Nick knew the only option was the weather the figurative storm..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Meh, my bad then. Let's just forget about Chong. I'm still peeved at the day he made me wear a chicken costume when cricken britz were the daily special."

Aves reached over to pick up one of the mithrl pellets to study it

"To think... this single piece of metal could pay off my car and possibly buy me ten more..."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Try a whole fleet" Nick said. 'an assembly line . as for me... i'll get my teeth capped. The dentist has been suggesting it as a cosmetic option."
_
What the heck is this stuff?' ali asked, wincing as the shards cut into her tail, which was exposed. Petrie Ducky and snoopy had taken cover, but poor Ali being the largest, couldn't squeeze all of herself underneath the table.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"It pretty and sparkly!" amused Yoshi, looking at it all dreamy like

meanwhile the mustachioed brothers were under their table, Luigi still trying to savior what's left of his ravioli dinner

"This place is insane Mario!" he observed

"That would explain the sign out front" said Mario, rolling his eyes at his brother "The insane Cafe."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"This stuff is hard" Nani sais holding a piece of the mithril "Yow!' she recoiled, the mithril had sliced open her hand, and it began to bleed. 'Be careful " Dixie said. Her dress had been torn slightly by the falling debris, nothing a few minutes of sewing wouldn't repair, but it was in the front of her dress, and it irked her.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky hearing Ali's pain in her voice looked out to see there were a table or 2 and some chairs not being used.  She rushed out, despite being hit and cut by some falling mithril to try do the best she could to move a few chairs so they could give Ali some cover like partial wooden barding by laying some on her tail or other areas.  

Ducky winced in pain as she was hit, and tried ot move a table that was not being used so it could cover more of Ali.  Snoopy saw what she was doing and went out to help.  Petrie watched for a few seconds then sighed before going out.

"Me going regret it me know me hurt bad." He said as he went out, assuming he'd be hurt very badly, likely far worst then would really happen knowing how Petrie usually perceived things.  The three of then did the best they could before rushing back under the table they had been under.  They all winced a bit in pain from their cuts and bruises, nothing major, just the expected amounts.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ali slowly pulled in her tail. and winced at the sight of it. It was covered with cuts and blood was streaming out of the wounds. "Thanks guys" She gritted through clenched teeth. "I hope you guys are ok.. this stuff is really hard and sharp." She said to them.
-
You thought that was bad?, Remember when he dumped green goop all over me in anger, and I had to work the rrest of the shift covered in sickly green goo? "Nick retorted
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Scooby hauddled close to Dixie under the table. "Why couldn't we have gone to a local resteraunt" He said quietly to her. "You like coming here cousin. Relax' Dixie said, pulling him close to her and embracing him, in a comforting manner.  the mithril continued to rain down, indeed it was getting harder.
_
Nick shook his head at the contuing storm. "This isn't letting up Aves. " the clatter of the rocks was very loud now, and the tables were groaning under the weight of the rocks. Things were getting very bad.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Dixie, scoob" Shaggy said, try your rings! They're magic, remember? This stuff isn't stopping and this table is starting creak' Indeed it was, it was an ominous creaking. the table was taking a beating from the mithril, it was only a mater of time before it gave way.  Dixie shook her head" I'm not wearing that heavy, tight armor again Shaggy. It...' the table creaked loudly cutting her off. Scooby shuddered next to her. He was starting to get real scared.
_
Jummba pulled a small laptop with he carried in his pocket. it was usually used to indentify newly revealed experiments, but it also served as a computer.
"What are you doing ?' nani asked. "Trying to find way out of mess" he replied. "Table is not going to last much longer. and then stones will pound us without mercy. "
_ What about a forcefield.. that sometimes works in stories" lilo said. "this isn't a story lilo!" Pleekly said, beginning to panic. "we're going to get pounded like pancakes!"
_
" a forcefield! sAy, that's groovy idea! shaggy said. "Scoob, try your ring! I'll give you a Scooby Snack if you do it. " "Shaggy, we never learned how to use them. the only time was the first time we came here' Dixie admited. "And that was mostly the wizard's doing."
_
Shaggy's face fell. "you don't know how to use them? great, just when we need them..."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just then, a figure walked in the door, looking around...
"Hm...Well...this is...OW!"
Haru the Drake shook his head, rubbing a small bruise he had, and looked up.  
"Mythril rain? Odd..."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky looked around at the rain.  "This is louder then the time the sand creepers visited the valley, it is."

Petrie shook in fear, "Me not think this table last long.  It make sound like Cera when she little mad, not good sound." Petrie said.  

Snoopy was looking around thinking what he could do.  To bad he didn't have the blanket from that blanket holding kid, he could try using that to snap away some of the stones, he thought to himself.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nicck suddenly had an idea "I'm calling Stripetail" He said loudly to Aves over the banging of the rocks. the floor creaked. the weight was the rocks, combined with the force of their hitting the floor was starting to tear through the floor in areas. The floor was starting to sag near where he and aves were. the rocks had built up around the tables, trapping the custiomers underneath them. He pulled out a phone from his pants and pulled out a ring from his shirt ;it was a maguic ring  Stripetail had given him before they had overthrown Chong. This phone was special it had a inlay where you could put the ring in and turn it. 'Turn the ring three times and state your emergency" Stripetail had told him "I should be able to respond in a matter of minutes, deppending on wheere I am."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Just hang in there guys" ali said. " there was a cracking sound, as the stones suddenlly feel through the floor. the floor had finally given way, and the crack was spreasdding outward. Still the storm continued. Ali and the others could se the rocks falling through the hole,. there was a noe a series of louud bangs as the the weak spots gave way across the dining room. "We're in dark water guys' She said gloomily.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We must run back to the Great Valley, yes we must." Ducky said.

"Petrie agree, it no safe here." He said with fear in his voice.

Ducky shakes her head, "No, it is not safe here for us, no, no, no."

Snoopy agreed. He had no idea what this great valley was but he was sure it was a better place then here.