The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

512 GB Micro SD Card Review

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, I bought this little beauty earlier this month.

A 512GB Micro SD Card for my Nintendo Switch.

It came from China.
Took over three weeks to get to me.
It cost me only $11 + $5 shipping.

It comes from a place that's infamous for many knock offs.  It takes forever to get to me.  It's on the cheap!  All likely candidates to indicate that this is some sort of fake.  No way it can be trusted!  Best to warn everyone, right?

Wrong!

Below is the results from a program that can tell you just how big something actually is and can find if there's some sort of code in it that makes it say that.  Took over 60 hours, but here's the end result.

Other than the data of what's written on it from my Nintendo Switch, (That's the yellow you see there.) there's nothing in here.  It's the real deal!  I seriously cannot believe I got this amazing item so cheap.

This was money well spent!

Couldn't be happier with my purchase! :)

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
512 GB!? And it was only 16 dollars with shipping???
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
that's more than my entire harddrive, daaaaaaaaaang :p
Inactive, probably forever.

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
That's a heck of a lot of data! For a cheap price!

10/10

Best card

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
If it's really 512GBs, that would be truly awesome, but I kind of doubt it still. Testing it with various other programs would be the best thing to do, as data loss is not a fun thing :/
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Still sounds really sketchy to me. I hear there's fake cards, that really only have a very small capacity, but are formatted to make it look like they have a lot of space, like 512 gigs or something. If you try to load up more data then they can really hold, it starts corrupting everything, and you lose your data.

Just to be safe, I would load it up with as much crap as I could find(movies, games, whatever you can copy over that is huge in file size) to see if it actually holds close to 512GB of data, and all of that stuff is still undamaged.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, let me remove those doubts by pointing out something.  When you insert a Micro SD Card for the first time into the Nintendo Switch, it asks you to format it so it can be used.  I guess this is to deter hackers from using their own software, but it's an important thing in ensuring it's real.  I had inserted the card into my Nintendo Switch immediately and let it format the thing.

So, when I ran the test, the only thing on it was whatever program my Nintendo Switch put onto it to make it function with said system.

And if you still are going to argue after the fact that it's been formatted, then I'm not going to press it any further.  As far as I'm concerned, it's real.  I got a great deal and that's final!  I'm going to be enjoying that new Micro SD Card for quite some time.  I just really don't feel ripped off in the end.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, I bought a second 512 GB Micro SD Card.  This one I had planned to use for my 3DS.  However, I soon found it not working regardless of what I tried.  Turns out, there's nothing wrong with the card itself. (I even formatted it multiple times to make sure.) Instead, for some reason, the 3DS can't work with cards higher than 32 GB.

So, since returning it would be a 8!t(h, looks like I've got a back up in case something goes awry in the future.

Maybe I can use it for something else.  I'll keep you all posted on it.

In the meantime, I grabbed a 32 GB off the shelf at Walmart to use for my 3DS and it worked quite well.  At this point, I have too much space.  I don't think I'll run out any time soon. :)littlefoot