The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Zune or IPOD Video?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I've personally used both players.  The ipod was a real pain compared to the zune.  The zune doesn't even come with instructions it's so easy.  The zune has bloated software though.  Also, the ipod video has the same resolution with a smaller screen, giving you slightly better image quality.  I played LBT 10 on both the zune and the ipod next to each other and I noticed no real difference in quality of image.  It's better, but not by any noticable amount.  Both had crystal clear display.  I did notice however that the zune went higher in volume than the ipod.  Also, you always have to lock the ipod if you want to put it in your pocket, whereas the zune doesn't need to be locked most of the time.  The zune has awesome cases and I like the fact that it's more like a wide screen as opposed to the square screen of the ipod.  Tests have found that the zune held up over durability tests much better than the ipod, taking nearly 160 pounds of pressure to shatter it's screen as opposed to the 90 pounds it took to shatter the ipods screen.  The ipod is thinner, but less durable.  The ipod's click wheel is highly desirable whereas the zune has no touch abilities at all (though they've changed that with the newer mini models).  The ipod's battery was much longer than the zune's.  Overall, I prefer the zune because of the ease of it's software and adding things to it, it's durability, and it's larger screen.  30 GB is a lot for mpeg-4 formatted videos (which is what the zune accepts)  I have all the LBT sequels, all the LBT tv episodes, and about 20 inuyasha episodes on my zune and it takes up less than 6gb.  The same movies on the ipod took up nearly 11gb.  Because of this, I prefer the zune to the ipod video.  Which do you prefer?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Sorry Action.  Forgot about that section. :bang

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I personally haven't used a Zune as of yet...that's not to say Ipod is perfect cause it ain't but..I do currently own an Ipod...so for the moment I would say Ipod...until I get the chance to use a Zune.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The iPod has had a better chance because it had dominated the mp3 player market for a long time.

I am an Apple lover, so I have an iPod. I like it, and the downsides are not of a huge concern to me.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'd never buy either of them.  Currently the only mp3 player I'm using is a no-big-name one that takes a AAA battery and lasts well over 20 hours, and is UMS.  Does what I need without the hassle.  (Got it for $2 after rebate and a gift card).  I haven't touched my Zen in a while because the battery doesn't last as long as it used to and it costs over $30 to replace and I've heard horror stories on how a replacement battery screws up the player.