The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I Just Installed Vista on a 1.1ghz celeron!

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
My first or should I say second Laptop after replacing the one I acciently dropped tea on about 2 years back. This one that I use for home use on internet and other stuff.

Fujitsu Siemens Computers (Laptop)

Specs

Intel Pentium 1.73GHz and a second processor 795MHz
504MB RAM
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
60GB Hard drive.

Systems on it...

Well this one loaded with different systems that I installed for example
Photoshop 7.0.1
Norton 2005 (came with the Laptop and being a older version to 2007 it protects my computer very well without any differcultys)
Nero 6
and tons more stuff on it that altogether with my personally files taking up about 21.6GB which still gives me more then half of free space. about 4.6GB is taken up by XP I believe.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Yeah, vista home premium works great on most computers 1.7ghz+, but it's a stripped down version of windows vista, not even worth a new title from xp.  I'm talking about windows vista ultimate edition, which is truly windows vista.  I installed vista home premium on a computer and I was like "WTF is this supposed to be?".  It has less features than xp pro did! :blink:

I'm surprised that old version of photoshop worked with vista.......

Even vista ultimate doesn't have many new features above xp pro.  Vista home premium is just about as useful as windows 2000 as opposed to windows xp.  I really hate microsoft for doing this.  Windows vista ultimate is nothing but VISTA!!!  All the other versions are just stripped down versions of vista.  I would recommend formatting that laptop of yours that has vista on it with xp.  You'll get a lot more out of it and I hate to see that fast laptop get almost all it's resources taken up by vista.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Don't really want to format my laptop since I don't have the software disks for XP Pro and not sure how to do it and not wanting to take the risk for seriously mucking up my Laptop. XP Pro came with my replacement Laptop after my acident. I kind of lost my footing after stubbing over my dog and knock tea all over my first laptop. the replacement was part of the home insurance and it the Fujitsu Siemens one that has XP Pro on it.

As for my new Laptop I bought that souly for writing my stories and other personally uses, not going to use Internet much on it, plus the Vista I got, there been no problems at all with it. I been quite happy with it to be truthly.

As for the photoshop. All I did was installed it on the laptop and it just worked with no problems at all.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As long as it meets your needs that is all that really matters, a thing many folks forget.