The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Vista Finally Works

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I can agree with XP running smoother. It's no secret that it is a much more stable OS than Vista.
But for those who choose the later, there are tricks and tips on how to make it more or less faster. It also depends (once again) what you use the PC for.
Though it won't run as fast as with XP would with the same specs, it might be worth it.
Pretty easy way to start is to close Aero, as an example.

Then we have SP1. For some it works great... for others... ah well.

But really, for those who wants to continue with Vista, and wait untill Windows 7 rather than go back (or up) to XP, it's just as I said.
Go to your search engine and type like... "10 ways to make Vista faster".
You should atleast get some things you didn't thought off.

Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Each system likely has it's good and bad points.  I wonder what some will think of vista once the next version of windows comes out.  If it'll be treated as ok, of it'll be treated like ME is.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
If operating systems were as simple nowadays as they were in the days of Windows ME Microsoft would have dumped Vista by now.  In essence, they have, but they can't exactly say that.  It takes many years to make a new OS nowadays, but back in the days of windows 98, ME, and 2000, OS's could be programmed in 6 months if they were done as fast as possible.  I really don't think Vista will have a second service pack.  MS is trying to get Windows 7 out too fast that they can't think of anything else.  If MS does come out with a service pack for Vista, it won't be anything major.  If they do it, it'll just be in order to buy more time to work on Windows 7 and to get major Vista critics off their backs for a few months while they screw around with the new eye candy that MS has thrown at them.  In the days of windows ME, a screw up like this wasn't nearly as big of a deal as it is today.  If MS were to admit that Vista was a piece of garbage, it would cost them BILLIONS and get even the computer illiterate people pissed off at them.  They're not gonna admit that Vista was a failure until the next OS comes out.  Until then, they'll play the little "wait for the next service pack" or "we're working on it" or "This'll fix all your problems" act.  All we can do is eat the pile of dog crap they shoved in our mouth and live with it until they come out with a better piece of candy. :p

kanganix

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My FurAffinity
i use windows XP sp 2 w/ crack in a dual OS mac OS question why win vista cannot confirm the xp os install