The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A 500 GB, 6 GB RAM Laptop?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was looking through a Best Buy Magazine yesterday and found this.

Forgive the quality since it was taken with a camera phone, but HP has been able to make a laptop that has a 500 GB Hard Drive and 6 GB of RAM.  How the hell can you fit THAT into a laptop?

Despite the price, having Vista and only lasting up to 3 hours and 15 minutes, I must say this, Way to go HP!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does look interesting.  Planning on purchasing it?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Feb 23 2009 on  12:00 PM
It does look interesting.  Planning on purchasing it?
Maybe.  I'm not exactly sure.  I am planning on getting a Laptop for my brother for his birthday that's coming up in a few weeks.  After all, he does need his own computer and all that, plus a laptop would be best over a desktop since he is in college now.

However, I might just opt to take him shopping a few days before his birthday and have him pick one out, since I'll be off and all. :)

Still, I just wanted to point it out because I'm quite surprised someone pulled this off.  A few more months, maybe I wouldn't be so surprised, but today, wow!  We advanced this far faster than I expected. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm surprised at how fast things can progress technologically as well.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
In the past month they've finally developed a 500gb laptop hard drive.  Alienware's have come with a maximum expansion of 8gb for years now....but who has $3,000+ to spend on a laptop?  I must say I'm impressed with this laptop.  Right now my best laptop has a 500gb hard drive and 4gb of ram.  I want to get one that can handle 8gb, but it's always been too expensive.  I'd love to get this machine.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I was just buying my college laptop and when I was customizing it, it gave me options for a 500gp harddrive and 8gb of RAM, I thought it was crazy.  Don't need nearly that much (it was an HP)