The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Your Arsenal

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
MalewareBytes is a great app.  I'll never pay for it though.  The free version allows you to remove existing infections, which is quite useful for client computers.  To be honest, AVG blocks 99% of what I get.  I only get malware that I can't remove through AVG like once a year and I format my computers at least once a year so it's no big deal to me.  Nothing beats a format....especially when it comes to malware.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
With me having Windows 7, I've had to change my arsenal due to some issues.

Here's mine so far.

AVG Free 9.0

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Spybot Search & Destroy

Panda Anti-Rootkit

I had to change my Anti-Rootkit from Sophos since, even with running it as Administrator and changing to XP Compatibility, it didn't work.  Panda looked like a good choice, so I went with it.

I also dropped SuperAntiSpyware due to the same problems I had with Sophos.

I'll see what else I can put in. :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Superantispyware doesn't work for you anymore? That's odd. It works just fine for me. The only issues I have with it are updating the core program, which I need to uninstall the old version and install the latest version.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Just to update, I used Malwarebytes as well on my machine.  It found about four things on the first run I did a month ago...nothing ever since.  Must've been some old stuff on there.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I find that the best way to protect your computer is to know what the crap you're doing when you're online.  I have VERY safe browsing habits.  On top of that, I'm the only one who uses my computers.  My mother uses my computers sometimes, and they usually get some sort of infection from her dinking around.  Luckily, AVG usually kicks 'em in the butt.

But I load AVG onto client computers and it takes at least 6 months before they come crying back to me with a virus or other type of malware.  A woman today only lasted 4 months, but she's got a teenage son...and we all know what teenage boys look at online. ;)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Vista machine:

Sophos, SUPERAntiSpyware (Free edition), Malwarebytes.

XP Machine:

McAfee Enterprise, SUPERAntiSpyware (Free edition), Malwarebytes.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.