The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

"Windows" Protectikon suite

• Spike
    • View Profile
yesterday , my sister accidentally clicked yes on some popup and downloaded some computer scam called "Windows Protection Suite" whitch upon serching it revealed
Windows ProtectionSuite, is a rogue anti-spyware application, which is usually installed by the Trojan Vundo infection. Once infected by Windows Protection Suite, numerous fake security alerts and system scan results will be displayed, stating that your computer is infected with spyware.

To remove the supposed spyware infections, Windows Protection Suite will then urge you to purchase Windows Protection Suite's full program from its website for only $49.95. It is clear that a business model of bombarding a computer user is employed b7y these rogue applications, which should immediately raise the bells that something suspicious is happening. When looking at Windows Protection Suite's website it may seem to be a legitimate website, however, is in all actuality the home of a major scam. Windows Protection Suite offers no contact information or information about the company itself, all it has is an article containing the company's fake achievements.

If you have already bought Windows Protection Suite full version, there no chance that you will get your money back. We seriously advise staying away from the Windows Protection Suite program and website, and if your system is already infected, you should take the necessary steps needed to remove it as soon as possible.
can anyone give me some help as to who i can trust to get it off my computer .

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Spybot S&D should be able to get rid of it so long as it's updated.  If not, grab a windows disk and spend an hour or two getting your computer back to factory-like condition.  It's not worth spending hours upon hours trying to "remove" this infection when a format is so easy and takes so little time.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Spybot Search and Destroy is a good choice, just make sure it's updated.  You can also try Malwarebytes' AntiMalware or SuperAntiSpyware.  Both are VERY good at getting rid of Rouge AntiVirus Software.

Regardless of what you pick, just make sure it's updated before you scan.

Hope it helps. :)

:add