The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Audio Recording Problems

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm having a real problem here.  I hope you can help me.

Lately, whenever I record my voice I get this weird long "beep" noise of sorts.  It pretty much sounds like that feedback noise that you sometimes get when you talk into a mic, only this happened through the WHOLE recording.

I tried it with both Goldwave and the Sound Recorder in Windows 7 and I got the same result.

Now, the mic at hand is attached to my headphones, so moving it further away is out of the question.

Can anyone help me here?  Seriously!  This is getting annoying. :(

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Have you checked the Volume Control and see what the recording source is set to? It might've been set to something else other than your mic.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: 2007excalibur2007,May 31 2010 on  10:26 AM
Have you checked the Volume Control and see what the recording source is set to? It might've been set to something else other than your mic.
I just checked!  Apparently, my WebCam (Which I FINALLY got installed.) was set to the Default.  I just changed it and now it's fixed.

Thanks! :D

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I was going to guess that it was your built-in mic interfering with your real one.  The webcam mic is basically the same deal.  Those mini mics really suck.