The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Bron

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Cool! Can't wait to see what you want to do with him! And I've taken Bron over in another RP, so I can do what I wanted to do with him there!

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
alright well I didn't use him in my current post but I plan on using him later on in the RP.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Did you just arbitrarily insert him in because I brought him up?  :lol

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
:lol  Sure looks like it.  :DD

No offense meant.  :D

Bruton the Iguanodon

I have...mixed feelings on him. He seems nice, but there's something about him, maybe his apearence or voice...that's a little, I dunno, creepy. And we don't know anything about his family, and he didn't appear, nor even get a mention, in 9 films---9 very memorable, though not always great, films. What to do when a character of such high importance---being the father of the main character---suddenly shows up? One things's for sure---LBT 10 was pretty clear that the series will never be the LBT we knew and grew up loving, for better or worse, with the new, unnecessary knowledge of Littlefoot's father, which Ithink was best left to fafiction. Of course, 11 was worse.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I didn't really see a problem with Littlefoot's father appearing so late. They had to do something new and different and introducing his father was their solution.

The idea of it happening suddenly is likely what they had in mind. They wanted not only Littlefoot to be shocked, but their audience as well (though if you read the summary beforehand it's pretty much spoiled). Littlefoot was not looking for his father, and the audience was not expecting him to. Then out of the blue, Littlefoot finds his father and is left speechless.

Why it happened so late may be because the creators couldn't think of an idea of how he met his father that they were satisfied with, or maybe they originally weren't going to do a father at all until someone suggested it. Who knows?

But being late in the movies (movie 10) should never be a reason not to introduce a character like Bron. To me, it just seems silly to say "Oh it's been too many movies; we shouldn't introduce this character" as a basis for why a character shouldn't show up.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I still think 9---at the very latest---should have been the last LBT film. 10-13 and the TV series were crap. As for Bron, there's still something---weird about him. Whereas you instantly love Grandma and Grampa and his mom in movie 1---Bron is...odd. Someone said in a review of the film that the voice was perfect for the character. Firstly, not only is the voice creepy---how can it be perfect for the character when it is the freakin' character? He's not based on someone from a book or an earlier film or anything. And, to top it off, we don't know anything about his family---which makes him all the more...suspicious.

Bruton the Iguanodon

What do you think of him TrulyFantasticMe? You had him humiliating Pterano so does that mean you don't...?

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm having him as the leader of the Great Valley right now in my fanfic, since Grandpa Longneck is passed on. I just think that's pretty interesting.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Bruton the Iguanodon

Can you please tell me what you think of him, trulyfantasticme? You said you didn't see Grandpa as the kind of guy to humiliate Pterano, so why Bron? Do you see him as someone who likes watching others' humiliation? Cause if there was anything that made you feel that way about him, then we should all get that same nasty vibe.

Bron's such a creep. He's like, the dinosaur equivalent to "the guy all the girls want"---which is obviously what Pterano wants to be and which emphazises his humiliation even further. He's not as annoying as Pterano, though, thank god.

Oh, and who are his parents? Huh? Ever wondered about that?!!!! The fact that we know absolutely nothing about his family, as well as the fact that he apparently remembers his wife as blue?!??, doesn't make me instantly like him. Oh, and can someone explain this, which I got from tv tropes:

Daddy Had A Good Reason For Abandoning You: Depending on your definition of good. Bron did explain himself, and initially he was powerless, but that's as good as his excuse is.

Can someone please explain that? I mean, it makes a little sense if you watch MarzGurl's review but what thehell do they mean that's as good as his "excuse" is? I don't remember any "excuse"

Bruton the Iguanodon

Can you please tell me what you think of him, trulyfantasticme? You said you didn't see Grandpa as the kind of guy to humiliate Pterano, so why Bron? Do you see him as someone who likes watching others' humiliation? Cause if there was anything that made you feel that way about him, then we should all get that same nasty vibe

Still waiting to see if you'll respond  :smile

Bruton the Iguanodon

I honestly don't know why I chose Bron. It just made a little more sense to me. I don't think Grandpa would try to himiliate Pterano like that.

And Bron would?

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, Grandpa isn't really much of a practical joker. He's never tried to play a dirty trick on anybody. It's just not in his nature to do something like that, even if he hates the guy.

Bron seems like more of a joker to me. He doesn't do it directly anywhere, but I'm sure if we saw him more, he'd do it eventually. He wouldn't even have to hate Pterano to do it. He could just find out that Pterano get's scared easily (Which he does. He's kind of like Cera in that he acts like he's tough and brave, but he's really a scaredy egg inside.). He might do it to Pterano just because he knows the old flyer would react to it comically, and he wants a good laugh.

Does that answer your question?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
I like Bron. I think he's an awesome father to Littlefoot. I thought it was absolutely ADORABLE when him and Littlefoot were playing around, and bonding like a real father and son would. It was just so cute!  :DD

And yes, Vonbob has a point.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Bruton the Iguanodon

I thought it was absolutely ADORABLE when him and Littlefoot were playing around, and bonding like a real father and son would. It was just so cute!

What, during the "Me and My Dad" song? I made a discussion wondering if what we were seeing was just Littlefoot imagining what they could do; people answered who seemed sure it happened. (Which was what I initially thought too.)

I know I may be going a bit far here, but who's to say that Littlefoot never woke up from his dream at the beginning?

I for once would find that very cool indeed. Making that whole plot of LBT 10 nothing but a dream might have been the only way to explain the countless logic failures and cases of incoherence in this story which I don't think two good songs and a few good basic ideas could make up for.
Unfortunately I see no way at all in which all of LBT 10 could be reinterpreted as a dream and I understand that the story has been cemented by a TV episode including the characters (I haven't seen that one fro myself yet).

I'm still hoping that 10-13 and the whole TV series was one huge nightmare that Littlefoot had that he'll finally wake up from in the hypothetical movie 14.

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Aside from the continuity errors in his backstory, I see nothing else wrong with Bron.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
First I want to say that I'm glad he's introduced :yes

I fully agree with Malte and some others that a lot of mistakes were done and that many plotholes were created.

But I still like him to a certain degree... He has a great potential for fic writers( I write a fic where Bron has quite a lot importance)

All in all the idea of LBT 10 was good, but they made too many things wrong :(
Inactive, probably forever.